• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

bit Generations Series 2

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Jun 7, 2004
19,945
7
1,675


(Movies available at www.bit-g.jp)

All four games came out today. I picked them all up (1700 yen each), but haven't had a chance to play them yet. Still at work. Any thoughts?

Also Yamada Denki had GB Micro with Rhythm Tengoku on display!! Looks like a lot of fun...can't wait to get it next week! :)
 

Baron

Member
Jun 8, 2004
1,930
0
0
Rhode Island
I have Coloris on order from YesAsia. Hasn't shipped yet, though. I also ordered Dotstream from them, nearly a week ago, and it hasn't shipped yet, either. I'm getting a little concerned (read: annoyed). Anyone with experience with them know if they typically take a while to ship? This is the first time I've ordered anything from them, and so far, I'm not impressed.
 

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Jun 7, 2004
19,945
7
1,675
I've never used YesAsia (I always use Play-Asia and NCSX), but I have heard they can take a while to ship out games.

Billy Rygar said:
Which ones are worth purchasing from the first series?

dotstream is definitely worth it; Dialhex is okay (it's a bit like Hexic), and Boundish is just some Pong variations and isn't worth bothering with unless you just want to get all the games in the series. Keep in mind that all of these titles should be looked at as budget-style release; they remind me of the types of shareware games from the early 90s on PCs or of cell phone games nowadays and not the type of games you'd normally expect from Nintendo. Very casual-oriented.
 

Aaron

Member
Apr 12, 2006
25,471
0
0
www.the-nextlevel.com
Baron said:
I have Coloris on order from YesAsia. Hasn't shipped yet, though. I also ordered Dotstream from them, nearly a week ago, and it hasn't shipped yet, either. I'm getting a little concerned (read: annoyed). Anyone with experience with them know if they typically take a while to ship? This is the first time I've ordered anything from them, and so far, I'm not impressed.
If they don't have it in stock immediately, they have to get it from somewhere else, which usually takes a little under a week, and then they ship it, which is about a week's wait.
 

Baron

Member
Jun 8, 2004
1,930
0
0
Rhode Island
Aaron said:
If they don't have it in stock immediately, they have to get it from somewhere else, which usually takes a little under a week, and then they ship it, which is about a week's wait.


Thanks for the insight. I guess I can wait - I did save a significant amount of money ordering from them. It was almost getting the second game free.
 

mutsu

Member
Apr 15, 2005
3,399
0
0
Sydney, Australia
Baron said:
I have Coloris on order from YesAsia. Hasn't shipped yet, though. I also ordered Dotstream from them, nearly a week ago, and it hasn't shipped yet, either. I'm getting a little concerned (read: annoyed). Anyone with experience with them know if they typically take a while to ship? This is the first time I've ordered anything from them, and so far, I'm not impressed.

I order from them all the time, and I have had no problem with them at all.

They usually ship their games on or soon after release date if you preorder games from them.

The problem you have with Dotstream is this. They took it away from their site entirely this morning, which I would assume they are completely out of stock, and the game is completely out of print. The same problem I think with Play-Asia at the moment, someone complained too that it hasn't shipped for over a week.

But now they have put it back on their site, so I would assume it might take a while before they ship it out.



BTW Baron, did you mention in another thread that you had some kind of coupon you used with YesAsia ? What was that?
 

Lee N

Membre
Jan 5, 2005
4,069
0
0
Sweden
nihon.se
I'm getting them all, already have the first three games and I can't wait for the next four. From what I've heard about Digidrive it sounds like a very interesting game.
 

Jonnyram

Member
Jun 8, 2004
19,828
1
0
Neo Tokyo
If you love puzzle games, you'll find value in both Coloris and Dialhex, but if you're only a mild puzzle enthusiast, Coloris kills Dialhex. Every time you move the cursor, it makes a sound, and coupled with the effects of making a line, pulling off combos and special moves, the soundtrack becomes quiet hypnotic. It's not obvious how to play it, though, so that could take some getting used to.
 

Baron

Member
Jun 8, 2004
1,930
0
0
Rhode Island
mutsu said:
I order from them all the time, and I have had no problem with them at all.

They usually ship their games on or soon after release date if you preorder games from them.

The problem you have with Dotstream is this. They took it away from their site entirely this morning, which I would assume they are completely out of stock, and the game is completely out of print. The same problem I think with Play-Asia at the moment, someone complained too that it hasn't shipped for over a week.

But now they have put it back on their site, so I would assume it might take a while before they ship it out.


Hmm. Thanks for posting this. I hadn't realized Dotstream had been gone from the site. Perhaps I should try to look elsewhere for it, and if it does eventually come through, I can sell my extra copy.



mutsu said:
BTW Baron, did you mention in another thread that you had some kind of coupon you used with YesAsia ? What was that?


Yes, I did use a coupon (do I have a stalker? :p).

I got it from here. Hope that helps.
 

PolyGone

Banned
Feb 2, 2006
5,326
1
0
39
Lyte Edge said:
I've never used YesAsia (I always use Play-Asia and NCSX), but I have heard they can take a while to ship out games.



dotstream is definitely worth it; Dialhex is okay (it's a bit like Hexic), and Boundish is just some Pong variations and isn't worth bothering with unless you just want to get all the games in the series. Keep in mind that all of these titles should be looked at as budget-style release; they remind me of the types of shareware games from the early 90s on PCs or of cell phone games nowadays and not the type of games you'd normally expect from Nintendo. Very casual-oriented.

your avatar is too big (150kb limit)
 
Jan 19, 2006
2,963
1,652
1,645
I haven't gotten the first games in yet and I already want these ones. :(

I might as well just order them now
 

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Jun 7, 2004
19,945
7
1,675
sp0rsk said:
i dunno it just didnt grab me, theres alot of stuff going on and its kind of confusing

That's how I feel about Sound Voyager too. :)

I don't get Digidrive either, but it looks cool and has nice music I guess.
 

Lee N

Membre
Jan 5, 2005
4,069
0
0
Sweden
nihon.se
sp0rsk said:
its kind of confusing
Why do you judge it if you don't understand it though? Dylan Cuthbert of Q Games said it would be a bit difficult to grasp to begin with. That you will gradually understand more of the game the more you play.

I havn't tried it though, but it seems interesting.
 

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Jun 7, 2004
19,945
7
1,675
Cdammen said:
To expensive to little substance. I'm saving my bucks for Rythm Tengoku, day one purchase!

Yeah Rhythm Tengoku is gonna OWN.

But "too expensive?" These games are pretty cheap.
 

Cdammen

Member
Apr 6, 2006
5,690
1
1,030
Sweden
Lyte Edge said:
But "too expensive?" These games are pretty cheap.
$24.90 per game. People can buy Screw Breaker and other great Japanese games for the same (or lower) price... in Japan and at Play-Asia. And the bit Generation games are kinda shallow. They’re not bad, but I don’t see the point in them... well maybe Dotstream, F-Zero + Tron = :)
 

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Jun 7, 2004
19,945
7
1,675
Cdammen said:
$24.90 per game. People can buy Screw Breaker and other great Japanese games for the same (or lower) price... in Japan and at Play-Asia. And the bit Generation games are kinda shallow. They’re not bad, but I don’t see the point in them... well maybe Dotstream, F-Zero + Tron = :)

I paid a little more than $14 for each game. It's different when you're paying import prices, obviously...
 

Lee N

Membre
Jan 5, 2005
4,069
0
0
Sweden
nihon.se
Cdammen said:
the bit Generation games are kinda shallow
I wouldn't call them shallow, simplistic visuals and/or gameplay does not always equal a shallow game. I've had alot of fun with Dotstream and Dialhex since I got them, and they're definitely not shallow.
 

Jonnyram

Member
Jun 8, 2004
19,828
1
0
Neo Tokyo
Lyte Edge said:
I paid a little more than $14 for each game. It's different when you're paying import prices, obviously...
Yeah, I imagine I'd have to think twice about it if these were twice the price ;)
 
Jan 19, 2006
2,963
1,652
1,645
Cdammen said:
$24.90 per game. People can buy Screw Breaker and other great Japanese games for the same (or lower) price... in Japan and at Play-Asia. And the bit Generation games are kinda shallow. They’re not bad, but I don’t see the point in them... well maybe Dotstream, F-Zero + Tron = :)

They are 18.99 with no tax or shipping costs at yes-asia.com. That's really not bad at all. Check out www.nintendojo.com for more details on the games.
 
Jan 19, 2006
2,963
1,652
1,645
McBacon said:
They're $14?

and


for $15 are a little better value than



for $14

And both of those games have knock-offs you can download for free on the net. Nintendo is really trying to rip off its fanbase.
 

Shiggy

Member
Jun 10, 2004
26,711
1
1,665
Lyte Edge said:
I paid a little more than $14 for each game. It's different when you're paying import prices, obviously...

The import to Europe (~15 Euro) is cheaper than the official prices over here (19.99 Euro).
 

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Mar 7, 2006
13,311
0
0
United Kingdom
Jonnyram said:
Err, not really. Well, maybe Marble Blast, but not GW. Besides they're both $10, not $15 :p

That's what i thought, but Wikipedia says 400 points for GW.

But yeah, any 360 live arcade title is better quality than these crappy $14 GBA rip-offs.
 

Cdammen

Member
Apr 6, 2006
5,690
1
1,030
Sweden
parathod said:
They are 18.99 with no tax or shipping costs at yes-asia.com.
Thanks man! I did not know that. I think I'll buy Dotstream, it was "reviewed" in the latest 1UP Show and it looked really fun!

Reminds me of this:

 

Shiggy

Member
Jun 10, 2004
26,711
1
1,665
McBacon said:
That's what i thought, but Wikipedia says 400 points for GW.

But yeah, any 360 live arcade title is better quality than these crappy $14 GBA rip-offs.

*ouch*
 

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
May 30, 2004
38,692
0
0
39
saitama, jyapyaon
McBacon said:
That's what i thought, but Wikipedia says 400 points for GW.

But yeah, any 360 live arcade title is better quality than these crappy $14 GBA rip-offs.


dumbest thing ive read all week, maybe month.
 

Shiggy

Member
Jun 10, 2004
26,711
1
1,665
McBacon said:
You really think $14 is an appropriate price for "beefed up flash games"?

The most expensive things are most likely the cartridges. ^^
And look at the prices of the NES Classics ;)
 

Shiggy

Member
Jun 10, 2004
26,711
1
1,665
JonathanEx said:
We all know those are overpriced things trying to snatch money of retro freaks and collectors.

No, I'm neither a collector nor a retro freak, I think the price for Boundish & dotstream compared to their fun factor for me was justified. I didn't play the others yet, but I'll probably buy more.