• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Desert Online - Official Live Action Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Meet the seamless world of Black Desert Online in your real life. Experience fast-paced, action-packed combat, hunt monsters and huge bosses, fight with friends in a guild to siege nodes and conquer castles, train your life skills such as fishing, trading, crafting cooking, and much more!

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Title should be 'Black Desert Online Remastered' as to not confuse people.

Larxia

This game was a very mixed thing for me.

The atmosphere and the immersion were fantastic, I loved the ambience of these little towns in the country, the big fields, the church in the village, the taverns, having a total freedom of movement and running on rooftops, all the different role-play actions. All of this was pushed even further with the "Remastered" visuals, it looked really nice.
The gameplay is cool too.

The problem though comes from the grind and the ridiculous amount of things they ask you to do. I stopped playing after around 100 hours of playtime, when I had to do a quest asking me to kill 500 mobs in 4 areas... I thought it was way too much, I still did it in one area, only to realize when I came back to the npc that you had to do it 3 times to get 3 scrolls in each area... So it's actually not 2000 mobs to kill (500 mobs x 4 zones), but 6000...

It's extremely ridiculous, beyond acceptable, and I think the players are the reason why such stuff exist. When this happened, I talked about it in the ingame chat, only to receive a bunch of replies about how I didn't understand anything about mmorpgs, how 6000 is absolutely nothing and later you would have to kill 50 000 mobs per day etc...
I really don't understand such stuff and people like this. Do they actually play any "normal" / regular games? I wouldn't think so, they can't know what it is to play a fun, non tedious game, if they act like this here, it's so strange.

Game with a great world and atmosphere, but sadly ruined by ridiculous tasks later. It's pretty fun for the first hours though, you can get it on Steam for free right now and have a few dozens of hours of fun enjoying the world, before reaching that terrible point.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
It's extremely ridiculous, beyond acceptable, and I think the players are the reason why such stuff exist. When this happened, I talked about it in the ingame chat, only to receive a bunch of replies about how I didn't understand anything about mmorpgs, how 6000 is absolutely nothing and later you would have to kill 50 000 mobs per day etc...
I really don't understand such stuff and people like this. Do they actually play any "normal" / regular games? I wouldn't think so, they can't know what it is to play a fun, non tedious game, if they act like this here, it's so strange.
This is more in line with Korean MMOs, especially end game when they need to pad it out for content. I remember it when playing games like Vindictus and DFO. They hook you with really cool gameplay. As good or as cool as any of them are, most of them have the same scummy grind tactics(especially near end game) to either get you to pay more money and/or stay in the game for as long as possible, hopefully waiting for the next content update.

What I usually did was play the games and have fun with them and then put them down until the next big content update, then I would pick them back up and play what used to be known as end game while people grinded the new end game, because the devs would usually tweak the drop rates and quest requirements of the previous end game to be easier. Doing it the normal way makes you hate what is otherwise a pretty decent game.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
That world does look incredible, I downloaded the mobile game and played it for a few hours and was stunned at the graphics on my note10 can only imagine what it looks like on PC, but the core gameplay mechanics weren't for me which is a pity as that world coupled with a Witcher 3 type story would be amazing

Vaelka

The gameplay is a ton of fun, but I really don't like forced PvP at all.

I am perfectly fine with PvP, but I hate just being jumped especially by high level players who I can't even fight back against.

This is more in line with Korean MMOs, especially end game when they need to pad it out for content. I remember it when playing games like Vindictus and DFO. They hook you with really cool gameplay. As good or as cool as any of them are, most of them have the same scummy grind tactics(especially near end game) to either get you to pay more money and/or stay in the game for as long as possible, hopefully waiting for the next content update.

What I usually did was play the games and have fun with them and then put them down until the next big content update, then I would pick them back up and play what used to be known as end game while people grinded the new end game, because the devs would usually tweak the drop rates and quest requirements of the previous end game to be easier. Doing it the normal way makes you hate what is otherwise a pretty decent game.

Vindictus is a lot of fun, I really don't like Nexon tho and I don't trust them at all.
They've lied before and then closed games down after making people spend money, if Vindictus had offline I'd probably play it again and play it more actively.

Last edited:
J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Vindictus is a lot of fun, I really don't like Nexon tho and I don't trust them at all.
They've lied before and then closed games down after making people spend money, if Vindictus had offline I'd probably play it again and play it more actively.
I actually agree with you. There were a ton of cool Nexon games that could easily have had an offline mode and console ports due to how fun they were. Vindictus could easily have a second life on consoles(the game even had console controls added in at some point) but Nexon may have gotten scared of console ports after Dungeon Fighter bombed on XBLA.

Top Bottom