• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Desert Online |OT| Come on in, the sand's fine [Mediah Update]

RS4-

Never really looked into the game until I read OT. Count me as interested, but I'd need to try it out first. Hopefully they've got passes and such.

ViciousDS

Banned
have they stated when they plan to release end game dungeons? I know the Dev's are really looking for ways to expand the end game and listening to the feedback. Always was excited to this one due to the atmosphere and styling of the game. It really is pretty.

How well does a 970 run the game?

Is that NA maintenance? Because I'm still logged in EUside

*Edit* I seem to be having trouble afk fishing. I can see from my chat log that I'm catching lots of stuff. But non of it after the first fish is going into my inventory. Is there something I'm missing?

*Edit2* The setting to throw away all junk items is anything below green quality.

Are you telling me that this game actually has legit afk fishing mechanics? That's a first.

Hellers

Are you telling me that this game actually has legit afk fishing mechanics? That's a first.

Yup. The korean version even has a run back and forth feature to afk level your stamina. It's even built into the game to the point where when you disconnect you can choose to minimize to the system tray instead. Means my laptop fan isn't going all the time on the desk desk next to me.

Ferr986

does it? That is news to me and fishing is all i did in alpha

Yep, you just start fishing and you can go afk. The minigame automatically skips after 3 mins, and the character gets the fish and start fishing again.

I think there's some equipment to decrease the waiting time.

Yup. The korean version even has a run back and forth feature to afk level your stamina. It's even built into the game to the point where when you disconnect you can choose to minimize to the system tray instead. Means my laptop fan isn't going all the time on the desk desk next to me.

Well then, consider my mind blown.

Ferr986

For someone who only does pve/pvp. How is it

Endgame is all about PvP. Open world PvP , guild wars, node controlling PvP.

There's no raids for PvE, there's some worlds bosses if I'm not mistaken, but PvE is more about exploring, questing, gathering, crafting.... There's a lot of stuff to do, just not endgame combat based PvE for what I did read.

Jolkien

I don't have as much time to contribute as when I was playing UO, T4C,WoW in my younger days but hopefully I'll join some of you unless the GAF guilds has some playtime requirement (besides siege when I'm at that point I can probably attend a lot of those on saturdays)

WOW

this video made me interested lol, maybe I can find a PvE focused group....don't really care for PvP all to much.

Now

What's performance on a GTX 970?

Game is really well optimized and you should be able to run things at maximum but there are some texture pop-in issues with the engine currently. You will see less of it the higher your settings but it can't be eliminated completely.

ViciousDS

Banned
Game is really well optimized and you should be able to run things at maximum but there are some texture pop-in issues with the engine currently. You will see less of it the higher your settings but it can't be eliminated completely.

wonder if the computer I built years ago that my cousin has would do anything lol

Phenom II, DDR2 and a Radeon 7950...I think it was

I think I'll buy him a decent prebuilt or even an alienware machine would do wonders compared to what he has now.

Ferr986

wonder if the computer I built years ago that my cousin has would do anything lol

Phenom II, DDR2 and a Radeon 7950...I think it was

I think I'll buy him a decent prebuilt or even an alienware machine would do wonders compared to what he has now.

I played the beta with a Phenom II 955 at 3,5ghz and a 460 GTX. The 460 is way worse than a 7950 and I managed around 30 fps on the outside in slightly high (although the card is OC'ed as fuck, so I would recommend medium). I guess you could go high or very high with yours.

Now the processor really suffered inside cities, lots of dips around 20ish and basically my CPU had 99% usage there, but they were heavy crowded by players and that affects CPUs a lot. Outside of the cities it ran well (around 60% usage I think it was?).

ViciousDS

Banned
I played the beta with a Phenom II 955 at 3,5ghz and a 460 GTX. The 460 is way worse than a 7950 and I managed around 30 fps on the outside in slightly high (although the card is OC'ed as fuck, so I would recommend medium). I guess you could go high or very high with yours.

Now the processor really suffered inside cities, lots of dips around 20ish and basically my CPU had 99% usage there, but they were heavy crowded by players and that affects CPUs a lot. Outside of the cities it ran well (around 60% usage I think it was?).

hm....sounds like a new mobo, ram and CPU would be just fine for like $200 then. Cool, damn the game is optimized. Won't surprise me if it comes to consoles sooner or later.

Ferr986

hm....sounds like a new mobo, ram and CPU would be just fine for like $200 then. Cool, damn the game is optimized. Won't surprise me if it comes to consoles sooner or later.

ah, another thing, if you only have 4GB of RAM, forget about playing and alt-tabing to do other stuff. Had the game crash a couple of times because my memory was full lol

I don't see this game coming to consoles, it would need a full UI revamp.
Even combat, although it works well with a pad thanks to being combo based, suffers at aiming targets because there's no lock on.

Any way to voodoo my way into early access? I have the next two days off and nothing to do. Bought and downloaded the game but sadly it was the day after preorders ended.

notworksafe

Made a Tamer and got to L10 last night. Can you just farm/fish wherever or do you need to own/use special land? Having a blast with the combat but I love me some farming/fishing if it's available.

Some CC pics

s0LkhFs.jpg

KMqqeph.jpg

Twookie

goddamnit man, why did they discontinue the standalone character creator, i wanted to create my character for tomorrow :(

Good news: Users who claimed items on Sunday 28th won't have to send a ticket for now. We found a way to solve the item issue within maintenance on 3rd March. Details will be posted in the new post momentarily.

"Good news" lol

Jolkien

How it defeats the purpose? What am I missing here, they found way to fix item redemption problem and..?

Well they will get it 5 days later but yeah it doesn't defeat the purpose those with the pack still played earlier. Along with the server mix up, people in some cases lost progress. Nothing too major since the game just launched, but losing your server and you have to restart or stay where you ended up ? Kinda a big mix up. I can understand people being annoyed.

mkenyon

Banned
Whelp, hit 50 at just after 9:00 PM PST last night, so right around 21-22 hours to hit 50. Not bad at all.

I was lucky enough to have Hakurai in my group. We were the first to hit 50 on our server channel, and the second group to hit 50 on our server, I think.

What's funny, is that it took us close to 10 hours to go from 38-44. It took a tad over an hour and a half to go from 44-50. Catfish Camps too good.
Yeah... Kinda defeats the purpose of buying the conqeuror's pack.
Tell me about it. That 10% would have been nice. Suppose I'll claim it for my alt.
How it defeats the purpose? What am I missing here, they found way to fix item redemption problem and..?
The big purpose of those packs is the 10% exp, Tier 5 Horse, and pets for speed leveling. None of which I was able to use :(

Well they will get it 5 days later but yeah it doesn't defeat the purpose those with the pack still played earlier. Along with the server mix up, people in some cases lost progress. Nothing too major since the game just launched, but losing your server and you have to restart or stay where you ended up ? Kinda a big mix up. I can understand people being annoyed.

There also people that got multiple duplicated items and it seems they are allowing them to keep everything at the moment. People have multiple pets and T5 horses which can be bred into higher tiers now and 10s of thousands of Pearls (cash shop money).

Freeman76

This looks really good, I would need a 24 hour pass or something just to make sure it runs ok on my rig, if they make one available I will be all over this

notworksafe

Lé Blade Runner;197118925 said:
This game lets people create some photogenic heroes.. I mean damn!

And these are with barely any effort. If you put work in your can make some real nice ones.

Here's the Ranger I made in the standalone CC

CZbwBSrUcAAzzJm.png

CZbwBHXUUAAxhrf.png

Freeman76

Is there a bonus for people who give out a guest pass and then the guest buys the game? If so PM me if you have a pass, I definitely want to buy this game but I need to see how it runs first. Thanks

mkenyon

Banned
There also people that got multiple duplicated items and it seems they are allowing them to keep everything at the moment. People have multiple pets and T5 horses which can be bred into higher tiers now and 10s of thousands of Pearls (cash shop money).
All items that were received are being deleted during maintenance.

patientx

"Your country is restricted from accessing our service"

What can I do? Signup / buy with a vpn ? Does logging in everytime also restrict this too ?

Li Kao

Hmm, is there a thread to cry for a friend invite ? (' ^_^)
That being said I'm totally on board this hype train but very wary of the game at the same time. The Korean MMOs I tried all looked stunning in screenshots but the end result on screen always was far more mixed. I don't really know why.

Jolkien

Wow. Does Daum has no plan to rectify and punish people who obviously abused the bug ? I guess each developer handle problems in their own way and there's no set rule, however I personally don't agree if they don't rectify such problems and punish abuser. Then again I don't run a company, so what do I know.

Li Kao

Just took a glance at the official site and, ok, you can pay 50 bucks for some bonuses, or 30 bucks for less but... how much will the game be ? Is 30$ the normal price ?

Top Bottom