• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Friday 2011 Thread: Newest Online Deals: Vanquish PS3 $5.50 At Best Buy

demigod

Damnit, people bought all the ps3 bundles? I didn't see any at a Walmart store and Amazon. Saw some at Best Buy but I don't want to buy from there.

Laekon

I got my GF to buy me Skyrim early since it was 20% off on Direct 2 Drive. That service is total shit compared to Steam. They have to call you to give you a pin number to complete a sale. We both created accounts and she gifted it to me yet they never sent an email to me.

Not sure if anyone posted this, but ME2 for $4.99 PC download off amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00452VH0Q/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Buying it before 11/28 also gets you a $5 promotional credit good towards any of the 2011 bestselling Video Game Download like "Battlefield 3" or "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3" in the month of January 2012.
Anyone know if its the Steam Works version?

It's not Steam Works. You buy it anywhere but Steam, it won't be integrated with Steam.

1-D_FTW

Am I an asshole that I'm claiming these things with no intention of buying them? Just letting the timer run out. I like clicking things.

An asshole is doing what I did: claiming the 360/Kinect/50 gift card, checking out, and then cancelling 30 minutes later :lol. My claim didn't even go back to the waiting list.

So I logged on XBL this morning and noticed the fan appreciation sale but for some odd reason cannot get the PC version SSF4AE at that price. The link at the bottom of the screen returns an error message on Xbox.com. Is it the latest dashboard failing to update or has the deal actually expired?

salromano

Not sure if anyone posted this (if ya did --- my bad) but GoldenEye 007 Reloaded for PS3/360 is $30 on Amazon. Regularly $50.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005DKMC6M/?tag=neogaf0e-20

---------

An update on my own purchases. After buying the three games I was actually planning on getting (UC3, BAC, and ACR), I also picked up:

- Metroid: Other M for $5
- Celestial Mechanica for $1

Probably going out today to see if I can find any other deals. Maybe stop by Wal-Mart and see if they still have Yakuza 4 in stock.

Shurs

Can you not use a Game Credit on a title that's on sale during Black Friday?

I was trying to use my $10 credit on a game but it's not showing up when I go to checkout.

jvalioli

Can you not use a Game Credit on a title that's on sale during Black Friday?

I was trying to use my $10 credit on a game but it's not showing up when I go to checkout.

Credit doesn't automatically apply anymore. You need to use the code you got in the email while checking out.

If you're already doing that then I don't know. I used credit on UC3 yesterday fine.

SamuraiX-

So, without including Cyber Monday for now, how'd everyone do with their haul this past week?

For me:

Battlefield 3 - $30 (saved $29.99)
Resistance 3 - $27.99 (saved $32)
inFAMOUS 2 - $28.00 (saved $31.99)
Uncharted 3 - $29.99 (saved $30)
Dark Souls - $34.99 (saved $25)
Scribblenauts - $7.99 (saved $12)
Batman: Arkham City - $28 (saved $32)
Yakuza 4 - $10 (saved $49.99)

Total retail value: $439.92
Total savings: $242.97 - $7.44 (tax)
Total spent: $204.39

I saved over 50% on everything I've been waiting for this Fall, but at the same time I thought the total would have been more around the $150 range. I was pretty surprised. lol

Duxxy3

Went out to EB cuz i thought Rage was still $29. I ended up getting Crysis 2 and Blops (hey, they were cheap). I was disappointed to find out that Rage was a 1 day sale for $29.

And then i came home, checked out the steam sales and hey... there's Rage for $29!

It all worked out.

This weekend was pretty damaging on the wallet even though I have no time to play these games :/

Xbox live 3 month cards - 4 X 8 = $32
Batman Arkham City - $28
Dead Island - $28
Deus Ex: HR - $20
Orcs Must Die - $5.35

Grand total BF Spending = $113.35

I still have an unopened copy of skyrim, U3, witcher 2, vanquish and Alice to play first lol

RBH

11/26 Amazon Lightning Deals

• 12:15 PM PST - So many tanks, so little time…
  • 12:15 PM PST - Sail away, sail away, sail away…
  • 1:15 PM PST - Travis Touchdown now on your PS3!
  • 2:15 PM PST - A full-fledged Dragon Quest adventure comes to Nintendo DS for the first time.
  • 2:15 PM PST - Master the power of the legendary Dragon Blade
  • 3:15 PM PST - All the equipment you need for Wuhu Island.
  • 4:15 PM PST - Call of Duty fan? Get the headset!

http://www.amazon.com/Outlet/b/ref=...pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1332016102&pf_rd_i=468642

Shurs

Credit doesn't automatically apply anymore. You need to use the code you got in the email while checking out.

If you're already doing that then I don't know. I used credit on UC3 yesterday fine.

Ah, that's it.

Is there a way to get Amazon to re-send the email with the code for the credit? I forgot when it was from.

zethren

Banned
Any idea what the first two are?

battletankcart.jpg

9133.jpg

Tokubetsu

My ps3 has been "Shipping Soon" since fucking Thursday. I know they probably got swamped and all, but this is just shitty. I know people who've ordered shit from them on thursday and got it on friday. I selected overnight shipping too.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I went to the BestBuy in Levittown, NY (Long Island)

Got there @6AM on Thursday, was #10 in line, there were 10 people who started camping @9PM-12AM Wednesday Night/Thursday Morning

The line started to fill up around 2PM on

We had an awesome line community, we shared food, had good laughs, got to know each other, also protected our top10 crew by looking out for each other

Tickets were given out @10PM, and with-in 15 minutes all tickets were spoken for

Everything I listed was gotten except 1 PS3 Holiday Bundle, uncle passed on it
The $199 Sharp HDTV were 10 minimum @ store, ours had 26

It took 2 hours in best Buy to get everything purchased, there was a line for HDTV's, Laptop's, Games, etc.

I think every other person I saw had a PS3 bundle in their hand, there were a fuck-ton of Kinects/360's stacked throughout the whole store

Games area was gutted with-in 30 minutes, ACR had like 5 copies when I entered the area (35 minutes later), grabbed it ASAP
Got Batman AC with the Robin DLC + Catwoman DLC
Got Battlefield 3 Limited Edition (Luckily when snaking through the line to the register area, they had PS3 exclusives lined up above the candy area, my eye spotted Limited Edition, grabbed the 2nd to last copy with the quickness), my cousin is going to be happy
He doesn't want the holiday bundle games R&CA4O or LBP2, so I am taking those off his hand and giving him BF3LE in return

Total damage to wallet for me was $1700.00, with family/friends, we hit the $5,000.00 mark, 2nd straight year that has happened

Good Black Friday, but I think it's last for me retiring from those 20+ hours staying in the cold, 5 years to get family/friends caught up to all the tech goodies, I've done my deed

Rokam

Tomorrow Amazon will have the 360 holiday bundle (250gig Reach/Fable3) for 199.99. Not sure on what time, here's the press release courtesy of Joystiq. Link

Oh shit, Persona 2 for $20 (lightning deal). O_O I'm glad that I checked Amazon when I did. I swore that I wasn't going to buy anything else, but fuck it I can't refuse that price.

Move wands are 25$ at best buy and navs are 15$. I found the last uncharted 3 this afternoon for 30$. Best buy had bins of all the games on sale, they still had all the big releases in stock.

JLG-

How long does it take for an order to be ready from Bestbuy's store pick-up? Online it said it would be available today, been waiting for about an hour now still no email.

RedAssedApe

Banned
How long does it take for an order to be ready from Bestbuy's store pick-up? Online it said it would be available today, been waiting for about an hour now still no email.

Depends on the store and how busy or lazy the employees are. In the past I've had mine ready anywhere between an hour to several hours.

Chuck

Still without luck
I just went into my local Best Buy after lunch today since it's right next to the Subway. They had about 8 copies of Assassin's Creed Revelations and still for 35 bucks. I picked up a copy and canceled my bestbuy.com order.

So if you're looking AC:R for $35, hit up your local Best Buy, they might have a few left.

I went to my local Best Buy today to find that they had a good amount of stuff left. Pretty much all the $30-ish XBox and PS3 games were there.

Picked up my Zelda 3DS bundle that I locked in last night. Also got Mario Land 3DS with Shadow Wars and Street Fighther 4 coming from amazon.

I gotta look out for Wii deals on Monday and beyond. My parents, apparently interested in a Wii, asked me today about it instead of, you know, before Black Friday.

Top Bottom