• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Friday 2022 |OT| Deals & Steals

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Anyone aware of any Kirby and the forgotten lands deals?

ideally i'm looking for physical <30$. it's going to be my sons "first" videogame as he LOVES the demo and replays the two levels it comes with. I've let him run around in diablo 2...but hes definitely a kirby fan and by proxy a jigglypuff/clefairy fan.

kirby GIF
Currently now on sale for $45, that's likely as cheap as you'll see it for a while for a new copy

LukeAJN

When did MS start releasing their games on PC as well as Xbox? I missed the last generation of Xbox games so half thinking about picking up a series S to play them. Don't really need it for current generation games as I have a high end PC with gamepass.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Couldn't help myself during Black Friday deals and got me these for approximately 60 bucks.

2cyffA1.jpg

I also bought Wolfenstein 2 New Colossus digital for 6 bucks. Been a great sale so far. Lots of good deals and I would've bought more if I had more money.
Wow that's a nice haul!
I ttally forgot TLOU2 got reversible cover! so good.
For the moment there, I was thinking I've missed out on some other edition.

I find myself wanting to get ps5 games even though I have and finished them on pc like resident evil games and Metro...
For now, I just bought directors cut ps5 native versions of uncharted and death stranding despite owning ps4 versions.

report back how the Medium is... that's the only bloober game I am somewhat interested in

Red-Town

Deal of the day: LG UltraGear QHD 34-Inch Curved Gaming Monitor 34GP83A-B, Nano IPS 1ms (GtG) with VESA DisplayHDR 400, NVIDIA G-SYNC, and AMD FreeSync Premium, 144Hz, Black https://a.co/d/41FtInh

LG UltraGear QHD 34-Inch Curved Gaming Monitor 34GP83A-B ($599.99)​

Jerm411

Man I’m so tempted to pull the trigger on Gotham Knights on PS5….still waffling though…

Getting a purple DualSense and the Pulse headphones for a little over $100 has made BF for me…anything else is gravy.

Reactions: Isa

Ol'Scratch

Deal of the day: LG UltraGear QHD 34-Inch Curved Gaming Monitor 34GP83A-B, Nano IPS 1ms (GtG) with VESA DisplayHDR 400, NVIDIA G-SYNC, and AMD FreeSync Premium, 144Hz, Black https://a.co/d/41FtInh

LG UltraGear QHD 34-Inch Curved Gaming Monitor 34GP83A-B ($599.99)​

I picked this one up for $599 , It is not curved but it looks like a good option

Dell 32 4K UHD Gaming Monitor - G3223Q

Edit: Sale price is here https://deals.dell.com/en-us/productdetail/fnqb

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Wow that's a nice haul!
I ttally forgot TLOU2 got reversible cover! so good.
For the moment there, I was thinking I've missed out on some other edition.

Yeah, I'm quite happy finding these games for so cheap. Been waiting out for Ratchet forever to go down in price. It was 30 for Ratchet, 20 for Medium and 5 dollar each for Metro and Tlou2. The reversibel cover is so much better than the other, never really liked that. Looking forward to play The Medium. It looks like Silent Hill homage. I think Bloober is a very underrated developer. I've enjoyed all of their games I've played so far.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Yeah, I'm quite happy finding these games for so cheap. Been waiting out for Ratchet forever to go down in price. It was 30 for Ratchet, 20 for Medium and 5 dollar each for Metro and Tlou2. The reversibel cover is so much better than the other, never really liked that. Looking forward to play The Medium. It looks like Silent Hill homage. I think Bloober is a very underrated developer. I've enjoyed all of their games I've played so far.
Good catch. I think Metro ps5 update is free too

Red-Town

Limited-time deal: SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB PCIe NVMe Gen4 M.2 2280 Internal SSD l Up to 7,000MB/S l Compact M.2 SSD Form Factor SK hynix SSD - Internal Solid State Drive with 176-Layer NAND Flash
https://a.co/d/hjEhKgR

$169.99

Great ssd

Needlecrash

I can't believe there are no deals yet for game pass cards
Enaba has 3 month Xbox Game Pass Ultimate codes for $25.61. Throw in the discount code, BF10, for 10% off. I just redeemed my two codes and they were valid! Code was available as soon as checkout was completed. I am in the U.S. also.

Antonline had them for $25 each but they are sold out.

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
Was hoping GPUs would go on sale in Canada, they really didn't, so that was a let down.

Might pick up MW 2 at walmart.

Sleepwalker

Gold Member
picked up mw2 at walmart, last of us at amazon for 14.95 cad, fifa 23 and god of war 3 remastered for $10. Just filling out those older games I want physical. Now gotta get some stuff for the steam deck.

oh and picked a set of 3d pulse headphones.

Kagey K

Banned
Gamestop Canada being dicks and forcing a 59.99 game on ppl wanting a ps5. They are everywhere here right now.

Tell them to fuck off and go to a different store.

Last edited:

Danknugz

Enaba has 3 month Xbox Game Pass Ultimate codes for $25.61. Throw in the discount code, BF10, for 10% off. I just redeemed my two codes and they were valid! Code was available as soon as checkout was completed. I am in the U.S. also.

[/URL]

thanks for the heads, picked up 4 and extended mine by a year and also got 4 as a gift for someone.

DaGwaphics

Finally picked up RDR2, this never goes down that far and $20 beat the key sites. No they will announce the new next-gen sku any day now. LOL

Yerd

Was hoping to find a good 17" laptop with the features I want. Or the features that are NOT what they are selling, at least at a discount.

I don't want i9 cpu and 1080p screen.

XXL

Gamestop Canada being dicks and forcing a 59.99 game on ppl wanting a ps5. They are everywhere here right now.

Tell them to fuck off and go to a different store.
I know and I indeed left the store. I ended up getting 2 PS5 digital consoles, each with GOW:R codes, dualsense charging stations, and $50 gift cards in-store from Walmart for the price of the consoles.

It was a great fucking deal.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member

I hear people are seeing credit card info and so forth on GameStop’s browser site.

Not sure if it’s a hoax or not

This is why I never leave my debit card info saved on any website, even if it is slightly inconveniencing to retype the stuff every time.

[Sigma]

Ended up not getting a monitor and instead bought the LG C2 for $740. I always use my prepaid debit card and only load it when intend to use it immediately to pay for something. So I can't get charged more than what's on the card. Plus I never leave my card information on my accounts.

Kagey K

Banned
This is why I never leave my debit card info saved on any website, even if it is slightly inconveniencing to retype the stuff every time.
I finally settled with Sony after 10 years, over 2000.00 back from the ps3 hack.

The are sending me a free ps5 on top of giving me the money I lost (some credit damages) Do I keep the ps5 or sell it?

Celcius

°Temp. member
I finally settled with Sony after 10 years, over 2000.00 back from the ps3 hack.

The are sending me a free ps5 on top of giving me the money I lost (some credit damages) Do I keep the ps5 or sell it?
The PSN hack is exactly when I started being careful about my online payment info. How did you get them to give you stuff?

Fredrik

Seen several stores sell TLOUP2 for $4 (!!!)

I wanted to see how long it takes for them to put it up on PS+ Premium but I think I’ll bite now, it’s less than half a pizza 🍕

Are there any weird issues I may not know about that comes from playing the physical PS4 version on PS5?

quest

Not Banned from OT
I restocked my xbox account today from target 20% off with out going to a shady site. Now i can get the calisto protocol at a discount launch day.

lachesis

[/URL]

Thx as well - added 1 year on my sub. Now good till end of 2025. I should log in more often though! :(

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
Does anyone know exactly when the Xbox Black Friday digital sale ends?

I know it technically is supposed to end on the 1st of December, but does that mean midnight the night of November 31st? Or midnight the night of December 1st? Or something else?

Just trying to gauge on when the deadline is to buy stuff.

K' Dash

Thx as well - added 1 year on my sub. Now good till end of 2025. I should log in more often though! :(

I have some credit on Amazon and wanted to buy them there, but the cowards won’t drop them in price :/

I always renew on thanksgiving weekend but these year they’re just not in the mood to discount them.

lachesis

I have some credit on Amazon and wanted to buy them there, but the cowards won’t drop them in price :/

I always renew on thanksgiving weekend but these year they’re just not in the mood to discount them.

I do the same - I mean, I did my $1 thing for 3 years around the launch of XSX (Nov) - so I add 1 year to the sub on Black Friday. (Last year, it was from Game Stop on Black Friday sales.)

I'm afraid it may become less common to have any sort of discount on GP sub pricing, considering the inflation and all.

I now have about a decade of PS Plus Premium, but only paid an equivalent of $55 a year due to the upgrade cap. Even if the service isn’t that great, it’s probably worth it considering I was subbing Essential for $30 to $40 a year before the integration with PS Now. I am still not a fan of subscriptions but this is just stupid - only $550 (actually less bc discounted gift cards) over the next 10 years. I expect the sub prices to creep up over time, especially since Microsoft seems to be considering bumping Game Pass up sometime next year. I expect Sony will follow suit eventually, certainly in the next 10 years.

Jesb

Not seeing sales on the consoles here. Only the Xbox S is $70 off. The X is still 599. The S might be the one to get. I don’t see the value in the X being twice the price.

Kerotan

I still have a few game's from last BF sales to play so I've seriously dialed back this year. Bought a year of PS Plus Premium for €84 and the Arkham Knight season pass which was just €2 or something small.

I've a young baby now which has slowed me down and I play Warzone/Destiny 2 a lot so the challenge is to find time to get the single player backlog cleared.

Currently 20 hours into Ragnarok so making some progress at least.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Finally done with all the Black Friday / Cyber Monday deals I wanted to jump on. Every year, I typically use Black Friday to buy up a bunch of games that I missed out on that get heavily discounted, or use it to double-dip on physical versions of games I enjoyed. Sometimes, games get so cheap that I pick them up anyway. This gives me a boost of things to play over the next year until Black Friday rolls around again.

All for Switch / all physical releases:
Life is Strange: True Colors
Rune Factory 4
Prinny Presents Volume 3
Yurukill: The Calumniation Games
Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes
Hokko Life
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
Atelier Sophie 2
Monster Crown
Mario Party Superstars
Immortals Fenyx Rising
Kitaria Fables
Doki Doki Literature Club Plus!
Assassin's Creed: The Rebel Collection
Assassin's Creed: The Ezio Collection
13 Sentinels Ageis Rim

I picked up a few other games as well that weren't on sale, for my wife for Christmas.

0neAnd0nly

Gold Member
For myself I grabbed Guardians of the Galaxy Ps5, and pink dualsense.

For my mother who is battling cancer, I grabbed Arcade1Up Ms. Pacman because it’s something we would play when I was a kid. She still talks about it sometimes.

For a gaming gift for others I grabbed Resident Evil 7 and TMNT Cowabunga Collection.

Non gaming: Several 4K Blu-rays, Christmas decor, gifts for others. Pro-tip: if you like Apple Cider, grab some Biltmore Wassail spices from Biltmore or Belk department stores… takes cider up a notch!

Top Bottom