• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Mesa Source Releases new screenshots

CryptiK

Before even hitting 20K they release screen shots and hint at more frequent updates

SCREENSHOTS Currently Unavailable as they were swiftly removed

They swiftly hid them I got a screen shot before they got rid of them:

J9GHF.png

Kabouter

Hilarious how a mod meant to update a game with dated graphics to a more modern standard already looks so dated even before it's out (if it ever does come out).

Sloane

Banned
Good enough for me, I'll play it whenever it's gonna be released.

Hilarious how a mod meant to update a game with dated graphics to a more modern standard already looks so dated even before it's out (if it ever does come out).
Still looks a lot better than the original.

Angry Fork

I can see from those tiny screens that the mod already looks outdated

This is so lame. It's a full blown remake of a game using a different engine than HL1 by an extremely dedicated tiny crew. People better not whine about how it's aged like HL2 or source engine this bla bla. It's going to look and feel amazing compared to HL1 and that's what it's all about. It's taken a really long time but I'm excited for it I feel proud for them that it's real and they're finally in the home stretch (so it seems). Can't wait to play it.

edit - I see it may be sarcasm, my bad if it is.

Glass Rebel

So why exactly did they need 20k likes to release this?

I mean, they don't look that much better than what we've already seen.

Sloane

Banned
Even if, it's not like anyone, you know, paid for it.

A small team tries to remake one of the greatest games of all time for free in their spare time and all they get in return is hate? Yes, it takes them forever but so what? I just don't get it but we've been through this discussion before, I think.

Sober

May be bad memory but I could swear that Garg (or whataever that giant blue alien was) is supposed to be a tad larger and bulkier.

So why exactly did they need 20k likes to release this?

I mean, they don't look that much better than what we've already seen.

They gotta start their social media campaign man! Come on everyone knows this...ah fuck I can't do it. I really don't know why they felt the need to do something this.

Robin64

So vaporware, GAF needs two threads on them releasing a couple of screenshots after eight years.

Anyway. It looks okay.

Even if, it's not like anyone, you know, paid for it.

A small team tries to remake one of the greatest games of all time for free in their spare time and all they get in return is hate? Yes, it takes them forever but so what? I just don't get it but we've been through this discussion before, I think.

Maybe people would be more understanding, if those guys didn't behave like assholes in the past.

As for the screenshots. This mod clearly needs more bloom.

Top Bottom