Black Mirror S5 | Official Trailer - Releasing June 5th

Mar 26, 2011

Soo... I’ve just seen the new trailer and I’m not sure what to think. I recognized some of the actors though I don’t know their names (the black dude I don’t know where he’s from and the bad guy from Sherlock)

I thought the last season wasn’t as good as the ones before. But still going to watch no matter what. Love me som black mirror.

Curious what they’re going to do with the street fighter part, loved it but it did look kinda cheap ..(on purpose?)

julio_grr

Mar 24, 2017
Yeah I have mixed feelings.
The first two seasons and the special were brilliant.
Now they're just re-using the same themes over and over again.
There is so much more to explore, like cloning, trans-humanism, genes manipulations, cyborgs, mixing flesh and machines, etc...
It's like they're stuck in the smartphone generation and cannot think past that.

NutJobJim

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2007
London UK
I still enjoy the show and will be there day one.

Yes the quality has dipped since it went to Netflix but what other shows are there out there that can provide the same kind of fix as Black Mirror?

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Nov 25, 2015
I have loved every episode of Black Mirror except for maybe the Waldo one. I don't understand the complaints about a supposed drop-off in quality. Season 4 was probably my favourite after season 1.
Season 4 did have one really slow episode that was in black and white but otherwise I agree.

I’d probably rate seasons three and four higher than one and two overall.

Episodes like Hang the DJ and Shut up and Dance are amazing.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013

Soo... I’ve just seen the new trailer and I’m not sure what to think. I recognized some of the actors though I don’t know their names (the black dude I don’t know where he’s from and the bad guy from Sherlock)

I thought the last season wasn’t as good as the ones before. But still going to watch no matter what. Love me som black mirror.

Curious what they’re going to do with the street fighter part, loved it but it did look kinda cheap ..(on purpose?)
The SF part looked like it was linked to the VR helmet. So probably some VR gaming spin.

Yeah I have mixed feelings.
The first two seasons and the special were brilliant.
Now they're just re-using the same themes over and over again.
There is so much more to explore, like cloning, trans-humanism, genes manipulations, cyborgs, mixing flesh and machines, etc...
It's like they're stuck in the smartphone generation and cannot think past that.
Agreed, looks like we have another spin on the Alexa device, but I will say the original one was brilliant. And creepy if one day if they clone the conscious into AI.

Last edited: