• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Ops 1 player count is +140k on PS3...

Whats going on here? Fan favorite Call of Duty confirmed?

How many of you guys played Blops in the last month?

It's a fun game but I'm surprised because my network connection has always been poor/laggy on Blops1. Unlike MW2 which was almost always a great connection for me on the same systems and same network.

Toe-Knee

It's the only cod game that I truly enjoyed the mp on. Must have put at least a thousand hours into it. I haven't played since the ps4 came out though

Strider311

It is still my personal favorite, in terms of both the campaign and the multiplayer. I loved the numbers station/brainwashing aspect of the story. Excellent setting.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
There's probably quite a few people such as kids, ppl with limited income and ppl who are really casual where last gen consoles are still a good option for them.

Crew 511A

It just goes to show that there is still a thirst for COD, just not the current ones. I think people got excited about the franchise going back to boots on the ground, but found WWII disappointing. So...they just rediscovered what is arguably the best COD game, and went to that.

EBE

Is there really? I don't think it reached that high when it was released on Xbox bc, arguably the height of its popularity and visibility in... Years, maybe?

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Would play it if it were backwards compatibility for the Quad because I am not about to buy a 14 year old console to play a game no matter how good it is.

DonF

dolphin dive! I loved that game, its awesome. I stopped playing because the connection went shit when the new cod released and I switched to battlefield.

Droxcy

The amount of hours I put into this game. Was just such a fun and enjoyable Multiplayer, same goes for Zombies probably the best zombies next to BO2. I go back to BO1 & BO2 on Xbox One just about every other month.

DonJimbo

Blops and blops 2 and of course waw were the best games by treyarch
Treyarch lost its position to be the best developer to sledgehammer with their abysmal blops 3 this generation

bati

No surprise, still has some of the best CoD maps ever made. Blops 1 and Blops 2 are miles better than anything Infinity Ward ever put out (fuck their lane approach to map design, seriously).

luxsol

It's definitely my favorite, but it kinda fell down like a year ago.
Some of my favorite maps i couldn't get any Capture the Flags going.

I should load it up this weekend.

MaKTaiL

I had a really great time with it back then. Oh my youth :(

PS.: Bigger than Destiny 2 across all platforms at the moment LOL.

Shin

Banned
Would play it if it were backwards compatibility for the Quad because I am not about to buy a 14 year old console to play a game no matter how good it is.
You could have been smart like those 140k players and kept your PS3 instead, because then you would be playing and not complaining on a forum.
Now you just look silly and still ain't enjoying the game, see how this works?

I don't post here much, but the player counter is busted on PS3/360 - there is nowhere near this many people on. It peaks around 17000 on weekends before it broke :p

Last edited:

Arkhan

Grand Vizier of Khemri
Staff Member
Unrelated but also not, I fired up BO declassified on the VITA and was genuinely shocked to see that not only are people still playing this game, but that it finds full online matches immediately. I find this disturbing when Killzone Mercs exists, but I guess people just love Black Ops, no matter the platform.

Z3M0G

They should[n't need to] be commended for not taking down the servers shortly after the next game release...

MDSLKTR

What a beast. Activision could release remasters of this and mw2 every decade and keep cod relevant. Pc count is atrocious though.

Diddy X

I'd bet they're going to bundle MW2 remaster with this year's COD that's why it isn't BC on Xbox one

wipeout364

Arguably the best in the series ( notice I said arguably) easily my favorite single player campaign in COD games and multiplayer was great.

Rbk_3

I don't get the love for MW2.
Just so disappointing compared to the maps found in MW1.
Didn't really like MW3's either.

MW2 was amazing. I love everything about it and cannot wait for the remaster. Didn’t like MW cause of non stop UAV.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Modern Warfare 2 was the point where I started to nope out of the franchise. Those multiplayer maps were just atrocious camp encouraging shit.

I bought Modern Warfare 3 which had better MP maps but I was kind of over it by then. Didn't buy another CoD until WW2. I was given Advanced Warfare for free which actually had a good campaign but TERRIBLE multiplayer. The worst in the series.

But as an overall combination of both campaign and multiplayer for me it goes:

MW > BLOPS > MW 3 > WW2 > Everything else

Leonidas

Surprising that it's player count is lower than the 360 version considering that the PS3 version does not require an additional subscription fee to play online.

2y9UNbE.jpg

Top Bottom