• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Ops 2 or Halo 4?

Halo 4 doesn't have Firefight, Blops 2 is...Blops 2. None, I guess.

It has Spartan Ops though, which seems to be better in just about every way: MUCH more diverse, lots and lots of missions, new content every week for quite some time, part of the overarching story, etc.

TRios Zen

IF I was only getting one, it would be Halo 4.

But the Black Ops 2 MP hasn't pissed me off yet, so I'll buy it for that, play it for a while, then trade it in, just like every other COD I've bought.

So in short - both!.

Squire

Banned
I'm getting Halo 4, they've tried something different and Black Ops 2 will be exactly the same as the previous ones.

Both give good value for money and Black Ops Zombies could be brilliant but they haven't shown much of it yet so it's hard to see whether it'll be good or not, although it probably will be.

Baically, decide which you like more, Halo 3 or Black Ops.

What? Blops 2 adds/changes more than any other CoD yet. Google is your friend.

That said, I'm getting Halo 4. Everything about sounds and looks incredible and as others have said. Halo's more a limited quantity than CoD. You can always get next years, but after Halo 4, it'll be a wait until 5.

Togeo

All you have to do is look at which game you logged more hours with. That'll show you the game you preferred. Both games have some great content.

Halo 4:
Campaign: Start of a new trilogy 5 years after Halo 3, up to 4 players coop, New enemies.
Multiplayer: Addition of COD like leveling up/points system, new vehicles, better match making.
Spartan Ops: The new Firefight/Coop missions mode.

Black Ops 2:

Campaign: Branching Storyline, Written by David S. Goyer, takes place in the near-future.
Multiplayer: Addition of Multi-Team Deathmatch, League Play, COD Casting/Livestreaming, Scorestreaks, and Pick 10 System.
Zombies: New Campaign mode, Grief mode for 4 vs 4 vs Zombies.

Both are looking pretty hot for different reasons. In all honesty you should just get both.

Talents

Banned
All you have to do is look at which game you logged more hours with. That'll show you the game you preferred. Both games have some great content.

Halo 4:
Campaign: Start of a new trilogy, up to 4 players coop, New enemies.
Multiplayer: Addition of COD like leveling up/points system, new vehicles, better match making.
Spartan Ops: The new Firefight/Coop missions mode with frequent content drops.

Black Ops 2:

Campaign: Branching Storyline, Written by David S. Goyer, takes place in the future.
Multiplayer: Addition of Multi-Team Deathmatch, League Play, COD Casting/Livestreaming, Scorestreaks, and Pick 10 System.

Both are looking pretty hot for different reasons. In all honesty you should just get both.

You do know Halo 4 takes place like 550 years in the future, right?

Togeo

You do know Halo 4 takes place like 550 years in the future, right?

I didn't. Adding. It looked like it was just different technology from a different planet.

Edit: Wait... it's 5 years after Halo 3. The reason I said Black Ops 2 is in the future as a feature is that it's a significant jump for the series to move forward that way.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I mean, they're pretty different games, so it's kind of apples and oranges.

I'm definitely more of a Halo fan, personally.

Spartan Ops > Firefight, FF in Reach was trash.
Just because FF in Reach was trash doesn't mean FF as a concept is trash. And it doesn't mean Spartan Ops will be better.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Halo 4 and
Hitman Absolution
in November of course!

TommyT

I haven't looked much into either of these titles. I usually get myself a shooter for my 360 once a year. I've played the Halo and COD games. So I'm not unfamiliar with what I'm getting myself into. Always been a fan of the story with Halo and the co-op involved. Black Ops is probably my favorite COD game of the series. Sell me on each game on why I (or someone here on GAF) should purchase either game for the year.

No. I won't form my opinion about why I like a game and then tell you to purchase it because you are too lazy to do this yourself and/or you possible don't have the same tastes as I do and therefore might not like what I like.

Do a little research on what each game offers and see what is more appealing to you. If that is still too much work for you then flip a coin.

jkanownik

Halo 4:
Campaign: Start of a new trilogy 550 years in the future, up to 4 players coop, New enemies.

Black Ops 2:

Campaign: Branching Storyline, Written by David S. Goyer, takes place in the near-future.

Thank you for this. I thought NEOGAF had turned into Gamefaqs after reading the first 100 posts.

wwm0nkey

I mean, they're pretty different games, so it's kind of apples and oranges.

I'm definitely more of a Halo fan, personally.

Just because FF in Reach was trash doesn't mean FF as a concept is trash. And it doesn't mean Spartan Ops will be better.

ODST's was good but got boring pretty fast.

Also wasn't it said or at least hinted at that some Spartan Ops missions will scratch the FF itch?

1. Halo 4
2. Mass Effect 3
3. BioShock Infinite
----
4. Black Ops 2 (Zombies) Graphics & Story aren't anything new and CoD games comes every year.

Halo 4:
Campaign: Start of a new trilogy 5 years after Halo 3, up to 4 players coop, New enemies.

Black Ops 2:

This makes me want to buy both of them, which probably I will end up doing.

Been a fan of Halo since the beginning, but the mp videos I've watched of Halo4 do nothing for me. Besides the addition of some CoD-ish elements, it looks like the same mp versus experience. I'm afraid my best Halo days were Halo2 & Halo3 online mp. Campaign will be great though, I'm sure.

And since CoD:Black Ops was the first CoD mp I got into, and I only played 3-4 months of MW3 mp (game is a step backwards for the series), I'm really excited with what I see Treyarch is doing with BO2 multiplayer.

So, Black Ops2.

Havok

ODST's was good but got boring pretty fast.

Also wasn't it said or at least hinted at that some Spartan Ops missions will scratch the FF itch?
I mean, one of the two Spartan Ops missions they've been showing to press in the last few weeks has been described as "ten minutes of nonstop Phantoms dropping troops and vehicles," so I'd say yeah, the Firefight itch will be scratched.

Merguson

Banned
Halo 4 since I've always been a fan of the series.

Gave up on the Call of Duty franchise after MW2 so I haven't been too interested in a Call of Duty title since then.

zlatko

Banned
Halo 4 by a landslide.

Just go look at the vidocs or footage for the game to sell yourself on it really.

Find the media blow out thread for it and just devour everything there to get your fill of awesome.

TheOddOne

Find out how I can eat popcorn through my helmet in Halo 4. Many Forerunners slaved over creating this feature.

The Forerunners also say you should buy Black Ops 2.

Halo has been my favorite franchise since the xbox came out. Halo 3 was in many ways a letdown compared to 1 and 2, and Reach was a bust. 343 industries has a chance to revitalize the series, to top 3 and erase Reach from our minds. I'm trusting them; therefore, Halo 4 for me.

Assuming Blops2 turns out to be good, I'll probably get that too. But Halo is my Homie.

Halo 4 comes out first.

If you're truly neutral, buy Halo 4 and play it until you get bored. If you get sucked into the Spartan Ops mode, that will take 10 weeks. If not, you've got at least a week before Black Ops 2 is even out. If/when you get bored with Halo, trade it in and get a new/used copy of Black Ops 2.

You could also do the reverse, but that's an extra week spent waiting on Black Ops when you could be playing Halo.

Both

Halo4 looks to be the best in the series since CE, online and off and BO2 also looks to be the best in the series since COD4.

Cant go wrong this year.

Top Bottom