• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Ops II details (leaked on weekend confirmed)

hmm well it might be like

4 points = primary
2 points = secondary
3 points = 3 perks
1 point = flashbang/grenade

4 + 2 +3 + 1 = 10

which would be the classic set up

but i sort of hope things are more expesive so people have to make hard choices
but i'm sort of hoping it won't be uniform, an AR should cost more than and SMG
and coldblooded should cost more than stead aim etc.

5 points = primary
3 points = secondary (machine pistol)
2 points = 1 perks

no equipment

You forgot tactical.

ace3skoot

When does the Black Ops II MP discussion start? I'm going through the podcast, but cant find it. :(

supposedly it was taken down and edited out, at least thats what i heard, but i could be wrong. on my i-tunes stream in the original it starts at 14.30

its pretty short, basically everything in the OP

soultron

Banned
hmm well it might be like

4 points = primary
2 points = secondary
3 points = 3 perks
1 point = flashbang/grenade

4 + 2 +3 + 1 = 10

which would be the classic set up

5 points = primary
3 points = secondary (machine pistol)
2 points = 1 perks

no equipment

This would actually be rad, in theory.

ari

Banned
what a fucking cash in mediocre game franchise this turn out to be. WTF activision, have you not learned from guitar hero? Of course not.

There's a lot of ways it could work, the one ace posted would be decent, better than nothing. But I still like the idea of certain things costing a lot. Most likely to be used perks being expensive, force people to try new things, or give up a lot to use what they think is best while other people use more shit.

Lots of possibilities.

Xux

I'd rather they balance the guns well enough that they're "worth" the same amount. Every primary weapon should be designed to be worth the same regardless of class or level.
I just hope they keep support killstreaks and kill confirmed.
They need to just phase out TDM and Sabotage and replace them with Kill Confirmed and Team Defender.

XeroSauce

I'd love to have everything unlocked at the start. The number of options available in these games is way more appealing to me than filling meters.

highfive.

Having to get to Prestige 9 to unlock every class, in each game, just killed me.

ace3skoot

There's a lot of ways it could work, the one ace posted would be decent, better than nothing. But I still like the idea of certain things costing a lot. Most likely to be used perks being expensive, force people to try new things, or give up a lot to use what they think is best while other people use more shit.

Lots of possibilities.

Bingo thats exactly how I want things to play out.

I just hope they keep support killstreaks and kill confirmed.

Kill confirmed > Team deathmatch by miles.( though they should up the score count to make it last a little longer)

As far as kill streaks, kills with a killstreak should add up to the next kill streak and neither should they repeat once you have got them all ala MW3. The problem with the support package is none of those streaks were offensive apart from stealth bomber, assault got all the fun ones.

Id like 3arc to tie specific kill streaks to specific game types, as i feel certain streaks can be overpowered on certain game types.

Strike

COD4 feels like an anomaly at this point. The games still have the same great mechanics, but maps, netcode, and the perks/killstreaks of the new games take away from the initial fun and simplicity of COD4.

That rush. That map design. That balance. I've been chasing that since this game, but to no avail. MW3 convinced me that it was just a fluke. COD (and the fps genre to some extent) is a victim of its success.

ace3skoot

Black Ops MP Details:

New wager match variations.

Everyone starts with a machine pistol and 1 emp grenade, you have to disable and hack drones to get more kills, only way to get more emp grenades is to take them from another player.

Could find thread.

lock if old.

Sorry to quote myself....But i did it anyway! I love wager matches, sticks and stones and gun game were a blast, i think this new mode has potential depending on how powerful the unmanned drones you have to hack are, it could be pretty strategic.

Yo Gotti

Banned
Sounds good but honestly I don't even care.

It's all going to amount to me getting whatever perk is + bullet damage and + stability for the hip shot, then sprinting around with a silenced M16.

Same strategy I've been doing since CoD4, works miracles in every game since.

The point system sounds interesting.
I also rarely use a secondary weapon besides my AR.

Until it comes to the final Kill of course. With me and my buds it's always a Python kill for the final killcam.
So once the endgame is drawing very near, I'll have a final kill class = Python + a whole bunch of perks (sprint, marathon, speed reload, etc.)

Also, I bummed there'll be no flamethrower attachment in BlOps2.
That makes for a sweet ass Final Killcam.

It's the only one with campaign co op which I appreciated.

I remember playing that with a friend in split screen after i had beatin the game by my self. All i remember was that it was chaos lol. There was so much going on with that level when your storming a runway with two screens displaying the same thing. It was a little too much. I can see why the series has abandon it, with the focus being very cinematic and linear.

Im listening to the podcast now, and David Elis is coming off as being very smug. I use to appreciate listening to him back in the 1UP days, but man.

World at War was amazing for me. Easily the best after COD 4. And TBH I don't even place them that far apart.

Anyway when is the MP blowout for this?

Stantron

Hope they make Ghost and suppressed weapons costly.
Also, anti-air launchers should be more points than a pistol secondary.
My guess is that they will be ranking points by tier, not category.

Why exactly did they remove the gore that was in World at War? Too many complaints? Parents bitching that their underage kids rated M game is too mature?

Izick

I'm so happy they're trying new stuff. Even little stuff like how the inventory is manage goes a long way. This game is shaping up to be something I'll actually pick up, and be happy about.

Top Bottom