• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Ops II NDAs lifted - YouTuber impressions

Apparently a bunch of guys on YouTube have been playing Blops 2 for a few weeks and just now had their NDAs lifted. What follows are some of the more interesting tweets they made - if you want all of them they got compiled on Reddit.

•Sprint duration relies on what weapon you hold, with combat knife letting you run the furthest
•The Crossbow shoots faster than in BO. 3 shot clip, it has an Acog, Red dot, thermal and TRIPLESHOT. Fire 3 shots at once.
•Scavenger replenishes all equipment and lethals. Scav packs only drop from non-explosive kills, though.
•High scorestreaks are VERY hard to get. If you play for KD, play the objective. You'll look ridiculous with half the score as the OBJ guy.
•Recoil. There is significant recoil in Black Ops 2. Gun WILL take skill.
•Sniping is fun, but challenging. The Unscoped Ballista takes A LOT of skill. Will be hard for most snipers to get used to.
•The knife lunge range in #BlackOps2 is HORREBDOUS. You have to be point blank.
•BlackOps2 has one of the best spawn systems I've seen. Not too quick to flip, never got spawned in front of somebody.
•Sensitivity: now 1-14. 14 is the same as 10 in previous games. More tiers in-between, allowing you to tune your sens even more.
•Some maps are interactive. Cargo has moving shipment crates. Express has a bullet train that runs you over/cuts off spawns. Pretty cool.
•SMG's suffer a LOT of damage drop off, but are lethal up close. They did a good job catering each gun class to its actual role.

Sounds hot.

EDIT: Actual videos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW1S1yb4IKM&feature=plcp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CqoiALvMVo&feature=youtu.be
http://www.g4tv.com/videos/61001/call-of-duty-black-ops-2-overflow-multiplayer-gameplay-video/
http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/4r5urv/call-of-duty--black-ops-ii-express-map-tdm-debut-gameplay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xunT15a6tFQ

Sethos

Banned
I wanted to get it on PC but after seeing previous CoDs descend into unplayable cheating grounds, I might go 360 ... again.

Darklord

Banned
What are the things Jeff Gerstmann mentioned that were under NDA that seemed "really cool"? I can't imagine sprinting with a knife would be cool for him.

God damnit, after the piece of shit that was MW3 I swore of COD games...this news is making me want to jump back in...I guess I'll wait and see what my buddies do

•SMG's suffer a LOT of damage drop off, but are lethal up close. They did a good job catering each gun class to its actual role.

While I appreciate this, I hope ARs still don't have god range and make Snipers a novelty. Snipers in this game shouldn't have drop off at all. They should be max damage all the time. The maps are tiny, even the huge ones.

What are the things Jeff Gerstmann mentioned that were under NDA that seemed "really cool"? I can't imagine sprinting with a knife would be cool for him.
I'd say I would guess the new zombie campaign, but he doesn't like zombies any more so I don't know.

While I appreciate this, I hope ARs still don't have god range and make Snipers a novelty. Snipers in this game shouldn't have drop off at all. They should be max damage all the time. The maps are tiny, even the huge ones.

I hope snipers aren't too powerful, especially since you'll be able to go iron sights with them.

Tenck

The bigger game changer would be lowering the freaking aim assist a little. (Which is why I'm going to enjoy the pc version)

Except you'll get people who aim like they have aim assist on PC ;p

This way, you wont get punished by terrible players, but will get punished by people who actually have skills.

Hoodbury

Not really following this one: "Option to rejoin old game lobbies (Youtube stars will adore this one)."

Is this more a you got disconnected and can rejoin easily to the lobby you were at? Why would Youtube stars adore this feature?

Cornbread78

Oh $hit, all the campers out there are gonna pissed..... I'm not worried though, it's CoD, they will all find a weapon exploit within a week of launch to abuse...

injurai

Banned
I don't know why it surprised my to see excitement for one of the best-selling franchise these days... I can't resist the urge to be super smug.

Anyways have fun guys ;)

Cornbread78

Not really following this one: "Option to rejoin old game lobbies (Youtube stars will adore this one)."

Is this more a you got disconnected and can rejoin easily to the lobby you were at? Why would Youtube stars adore this feature?

probably referring to the find if you get queued up against a bunch of scrubs for a match and go 50-0, there may be an opportunity to get back into that lobby even though the matchmaking would prevent it automatically by the new skill based system? Who knows....

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I've pretty much enjoyed every Call of Duty since 4 including even World at War and MW3 so, yeah >_>

Effect

All sounds good. So annoying when people don't play the objective and hopefully this makes people more incline to do so.

Cornbread78

Whilst this is good...taking action cause you might 'look' ridiculous is exactly why theres such toxicness (in some of the) COD community. Just enjoy the game!

Let's just face it, the CoD community is horrible in general, it's rare, I can be in a lobby and not have to mute the scream idiots and 10 year olds on the other team, I mean $hit, by now my entire family, my wife, her family, the dog, the cat, even the ginea pigs have all been "raped" by now. Such a childish, petty and just classless community on the whole. But like most others, I'll keep playing...

Let's just face it, the CoD community is horrible in general, it's rare, I can be in a lobby and not have to mute the scream idiots and 10 year olds on the other team, I mean $hit, by now my entire family, my wife, her family, the dog, the cat, even the ginea pigs have all been "raped" by now. Such a childish, petty and just classless community on the whole. But like most others, I'll keep playing...

I wouldn't even call it a community, I'd call it chaos.

Nabs

I wanted to get it on PC but after seeing previous CoDs descend into unplayable cheating grounds, I might go 360 ... again.

Cheaters weren't an issue with Black Ops. MW3, MW2... well, that's a different story.

Still doesn't make it a cheat free experience, all that "Oh there's a cheater, leave server" bullshit is too much. Console versions are far superior in that aspect.

I played BLOPS for 200+ hours on PC and only encountered 2 cheaters in non-admin'd servers, I played in mostly European servers with active admins. But that's just my personal experience.

Vol5

Looking forward to seeing another shit PS3 port.

Honestly, if they can nail it on PS3, then great. If not, Acti or Treyarch don't deserve my attention.

Dabanton

Tbh I've found the community on the whole a lot more cordial to one another nowadays.

Back in the CoD3 days man oh man the stuff you would hear over the mic was ridiculous but people now know that the whole room can mute them with the click of a button.

Nothing like a bit of social exclusion to bring those type of players into line when they know no one can hear their ranting.

Even better in stuff like Hardcore any bullets they shoot that used to be used to annoy other players who muted them now ricochet straight back on them.

delicious all round.

Xyber

You should try MW3, hacker central. Can't see why Blops would be any different.

Yup, tried MW3 during the last free weekend on Steam. Hackers in like 80% of the games I played during that one hour I had the game installed.

Enordash

Why not just go for the mute-all. The only game where I personally ever see a "gg" anymore is Team Fortress 2 and even that can get out of hand sometimes.

Top Bottom