• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Ops II official site is up

Kifimbo

Boxart.

boxart_xbox.png

That box art doesn't look official. Reminds me of this tbh.

Oh nice, Russians again. Should be an entertaining campaign hopefully if Sledgehammer help out.

PS3 version is going to suck ass again, so I'll skip this year. Black Ops I MP was so fucking laggy and had such a low framerate compared to MW2.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
I still don't know how I feel towards this. BLOPS was the last COD I bought. Still not sure if it'll stay that way.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I like it too.

I'll buy this and not finish it until next year's game's around.

It's a tradition.

G_Berry

Banned
PS3 version is going to suck ass again, so I'll skip this year. Black Ops I MP was so fucking laggy and had such a low framerate compared to MW2.
Will be getting this on 360 for sure. Maxed out all the prestige levels on blops 1. Best COD next to 4 by far!

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Quite looking forward to this one, Treyarch seem to be the one out of the two main developers for the series that wants to move the series forward and less of the pretty much exact copy/paste that Infinity Ward have done for 2 games now.

If they can all the extras they did in Black Ops, along with advancing Zombies, and a follow up to what was imo a good SP campaign then I really can't wait for it.

*sigh*

Why near future? Don't we have enough of that with MW and Ghost Recon? I loved being surrounded by 60s tech and politics in Blops, that was one of the big draws for me.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I hope they have a Recon Drone version of this new flying drone thing, whose name suddenly escapes me.

I get most of my points in MW3 from the Recon Drone, lol.

Quite looking forward to this one, Treyarch seem to be the one out of the two main developers for the series that wants to move the series forward and less of the pretty much exact copy/paste that Infinity Ward have done for 2 games now.

If they can all the extras they did in Black Ops, along with advancing Zombies, and a follow up to what was imo a good SP campaign then I really can't wait for it.

Too bad they don't optimise the PS3 versions, goddamn douchebags.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Too bad they don't optimise the PS3 versions, goddamn douchebags.

I only played their WaW and after much bullet rape finally Platinumed it, I can't really remember the performance of it though.
Ended up getting a 360 and Black Ops/MW3 on that due to it being the consoles most of my friends play on.

Hopefully next-gen wont have these issues.

Kinyou

btw. when this plays in the future, then what about the ending of Blops? I thought we would get to assassinate Kennedy?

*sigh*

Why near future? Don't we have enough of that with MW and Ghost Recon? I loved being surrounded by 60s tech and politics in Blops, that was one of the big draws for me.

Was thinking the same thing. It's better to mix it up than keep the same theme year after year.

The_Monk

I feel like I need to share this my fellow GAFfers.

When Black Ops came I didn't like it. I liked all the previously COD Games but I was not feeling Black Ops, maybe because I was not a fan of the guns.

When MW3 arrived the Maps felt so "empty" and without inspiration that made me like Black Ops again.

However I've been having huge problems regarding my Internet + Router + PS3 (It's a problem with my new Internet provider that won't go away and there's no solution, believe me). In a act of desperation I got a cheap Black Ops for my 360 (to check if the problem was with my PS3 as everyone with the same internet provider in here says) since now I have LIVE and the problems were all gone. I get great matches and no internet problems at all (the problem is only with my PS3).

So I'll be getting this one Day 1 but for the first time on my 360.

The bad thing:

- I need more fellow GAFfers to add me on my 360 since it feels empty and that's sad!

- I'm having some trouble getting used to the 360 Controller but I hope that problem to go away with time.

Sorry, I just needed to say this, my Internets have been killing me for a long time.

Yeah I am glad they went with a future setting for this, I was only expecting a direct sequel to the first one. I hope it has enough futuristic elements to differentiate it from MW3, should be good though.

It will be interesting to see if and how they incorporate a zombies mode into it, it could work quite easily because the four characters were hopping back and forth through time anyway. BLOPS 2 was on my radar anyway because I really enjoyed the multiplayer in the first one, but this is beginning to shape up into fresh game.

I feel like I need to share this my fellow GAFfers.

When Black Ops came I didn't like it. I liked all the previously COD Games but I was not feeling Black Ops, maybe because I was not a fan of the guns.

When MW3 arrived the Maps felt so "empty" and without inspiration that made me like Black Ops again.

However I've been having huge problems regarding my Internet + Router + PS3 (It's a problem with my new Internet provider that won't go away and there's no solution, believe me). In a act of desperation I got a cheap Black Ops for my 360 (to check if the problem was with my PS3 as everyone with the same internet provider in here says) since now I have LIVE and the problems were all gone. I get great matches and no internet problems at all (the problem is only with my PS3).

So I'll be getting this one Day 1 but for the first time on my 360.

The bad thing:

- I need more fellow GAFfers to add me on my 360 since it feels empty and that's sad!

- I'm having some trouble getting used to the 360 Controller but I hope that problem to go away with time.

Sorry, I just needed to say this, my Internets have been killing me for a long time.

As someone who has played shooters on both ps3 and 360 I will say once you get used to the 360 controller it will feel much better then playing with a ps3 controller. It's kind of hard to even go back to a dualshock for fps games once you are used to the 360 controller at least in my opinion.

Veins

Unconfirmed Member
Wow was not expecting a change in time like that. What a slap in the face to the old Infinity Ward guys. Now Trearch end up getting to make the futuristic COD game that IW wanted to make.

Top Bottom