• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade Runner 2049 |OT| Do Androids Dream of Electric Boogaloo? [Unmarked Spoilers]

Mr. Sam

cF7SNqb.gif

KqLkBTy.png

Which version of the original Blade Runner should I watch?
The Final Cut.

Have you got links to those YouTube prequel shorts?

I sure do:

Unmarked spoilers in this thread?
Yep.

shira

Are you doing a section on "what to watch before you watch BR 2049"?

I think that would be useful for a lot of people who never watched the first one or are a little overwhelmed with the lore

Surfinn

Just for clarity..

How is this thread handling spoilers?

Can't wait

EDIT: I don't have images enabled, sorry. I see it now. Spoilers allowed

Mr. Sam

Just for clarity..

How is this thread handling spoilers?

Can't wait

Recent movie OTs have been going full unmarked spoilers - the logic being that review threads have been handling conversation for people yet to see the film - so... yeah.

Cheebo

Banned
I still can't get over the consensus seems to be this is BETTER than the original. Villenueve has done the impossible. Can't wait.

Z3M0G

Sucks that I'll be out of town for the weekend... hopefully the weekend after we can get a sitter and go see it!

It's going to be a long week and a half...

Might aim for Tuesday cheap night... but man that will be BUSY...

N7.Angel

I really like the movie, I need some times to get everything right in my head and not let me abuse by the honeymoon period but I can definitely say that this movie is awesome and exactly what I was waiting for. I wish it was more ambiguous about one or two things but it's not really what Villeneuve is doing in general.... the promise sequel will be interesting, really like Gosling in this and damn Ana de Armas is stunning.

The visuals are incredible, I really like almost everything from it, from the color to the placement of object or characters to camera movement, Villeneuve definitely know how to directed, the soundtrack was really what I was expecting and when you heard the sound/part of the track each time you see the town makes me think about 2001 for the repetition of it, it was incredible lol.

the casting was great, the pacing of the movie was great and I think it does a great job to retcon the first one and prepare the sequel, I want to watch it again right away.

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
Got tickets for tomorrow, can't wait to see it and stop tiptoeing around possible spoilers on the internet.

gallery-1489516792-blade-runner-harrison-ford.gif

ps. the OT is quite barebones.

International schedule of release dates:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1856101/releaseinfo

The world premiere in Los Angeles was yesterday (Tuesday 2017/10/03), Belgium, France and the Zurich Film Festival in Switzerland are showing it right now, it's in the UK and many other European countries tomorrow and most of the rest of the world on Friday.

If you're in South Korea you have to wait until next Thursday, and if you're in Japan you've got another three weeks to wait from Friday.

Mindlog

You can watch it on any type of cinema screen which do you choose?
I normally opt for true IMAX with perfect seats. Hoping the same will be safe here. Villeneuve films are typically quite beautiful.

This thread is going to be a very interesting place to keep an eye on over the next few days.

I feel kinda odd. Like I've said in the review thread, I'm normally totally game for spoiling myself on a movie and talking openly about the details on a public forum, but I really wish I hadn't stumbled upon the big spoilers for this film (and trust me when I say that the review spoilers ain't got shit on what else is in the film). I just can't wait to see it all play it under Villeneuve's direction and see how I feel about everything coming out of the theater tomorrow night.

My dad and I are doing a 90 minute long drive over to Wilmington to meet up with my aunt and uncle for dinner and then go see the film at the IMAX theater. Considering how long the film is and all, we definitely won't be getting back to the house until late at night.

tkscz

By god that title is ingenious. Not sure if I'm seeing it though. I loved the first movie, but a lot of it's wow factor was it's setting and amazing music. Not sure if this can wow me like the first one did. And I first saw it a year ago.

I'm normally totally game for spoiling myself on a movie and talking openly about the details on a public forum, but I really wish I hadn't stumbled upon the big spoilers for this film (and trust me when I say that the review spoilers ain't got shit on what else is in the film).

I'm probably the closest this forum has to being impervious to spoilers and I'm a bit disappointed to see no discussion of the plot here yet.

I honestly can't imagine how knowing something would stop me enjoying an otherwise well made film. I don't normally expect to see people coming out of films and saying stuff like "who would ever have believed that..." and so on. If that were truly the reason we watch a film, couldn't the writer just scribble it down on a scrap of paper or put up a billboard or something? That's just not what makes a film worth watching.

In fact, if I'd known that Fight Club isn't just about a bunch of idiots fighting for fun I might have watched it in the cinema instead of seeing it on television one bored Friday years later.

I'll watch the film tomorrow, most likely, and I'll probably have something more to say on the "spoiler" aspect of the experience after I've seen it. Meanwhile I'll be watching this thread closely.

I'm probably the closest this forum has to being impervious to spoilers and I'm a bit disappointed to see no discussion of the plot here yet.

I honestly can't imagine how knowing something would stop me enjoying an otherwise well made film. I don't normally expect to see people coming out of films and saying stuff like "who would ever have believed that..." and so on. If that were truly the reason we watch a film, couldn't the writer just scribble it down on a scrap of paper or put up a billboard or something? That's just not what makes a film worth watching.

In fact, if I'd known that Fight Club isn't just about a bunch of idiots fighting for fun I might have watched it in the cinema instead of seeing it on television one bored Friday years later.

I'll watch the film tomorrow, most likely, and I'll probably have something more to say on the "spoiler" aspect of the experience after I've seen it. Meanwhile I'll be watching this thread closely.

As someone who shares a lot of these same viewpoints as you, I'll say this about the big spoiler(s) of 2049 and why I wish I hadn't come across them.

It's not so much that it's a big "mind = blown" moment like the reveal in The Empire Strikes Back or Fight Club. Rather, like the reviews have said, 2049's central plot is a mystery. Officer K's goal in the movie is to solve a particular case.

I had thought from reading the reviews and participating in months' worth of speculating here on NeoGAF and elsewhere that I had a good idea of where this was all going. The spoilers I came across revealed that there's more to this mystery.

Plus these spoilers also leave a mark on how I now have to think about certain parts of the original film itself. That isn't a bad thing and of itself, but I feel like the experience would be better overall if this was information I was receiving directly from watching the film, rather than reading accounts of it online.

Are those prequel short movie things actually worth watching?

Oh yes! At 15 minutes including credits, the anime is the longest, and although to me it's just mostly a series of pretty pictures and explosions the anime buffs love it and it does give a coherent picture of what happened to destroy Tyrell Corporation's business and make all androids outlaws, even off-world.

The two live action features, each with a 5-6 minute run time, provide cameos to introduce two major characters, one played by Jared Leto and the other played by David Bautista. I've already heaped praise on Bautista's characterization, in a post elsewhere in this forum.

N7.Angel

I can spoil the entire plot if you really want but I’m waiting for someone to discuss with...

I'll be seeing this in 12 hours. Pretty excited.

I watched the three lead up videos earlier. Good stuff. A reviewer recommended seeing them before the film.

dreams

I'm way too excited for this. I need to lower my expectations. It's terrible, because I have to wait until the 20th to see it.

N7.Angel

I'll be seeing this in 12 hours. Pretty excited.

I watched the three lead up videos earlier. Good stuff. A reviewer recommended seeing them before the film.

Definitely, I've seen them but my girlfriend didn't, she was confused about certain things that i had to explain which is one of the negative to me for the movie even if it's about minor things.

Top Bottom