• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade Runner 2049 Trailer 2

"We were being hunted"

nice remix of that vangelis track. its really not blade runner without some of those compositions returning, I hope Johannson does it.

this movie looks fucking flames

Corpsepyre

Banned
I'm sure it'll look GOOD, but not like it'll be the next best thing visually. Already looking a lot like the films we've seen over the years. Interested more in the story.

Better than the first trailer. I'm still not convinced this movie had to be made, though.

That's a pretty big bar to clear. Do we ask that every movie be one that has to be made?

I think there are very few films that hit that criteria, and most of them are hard-hitting docs like Citizenfour.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Everything about this is clever and authentic to the source.

But it gives me Tron Legacy vibes in that sense.

Hopefully it can deliver deeper satisfaction and become a work of art in its own right.

gun_haver

Haha, the music sounds like Deus Ex 3+4's trailers. Not really a bad thing but it's funny to see things come back and be influenced by things which were influenced by them in the first place.

Looks kind of actiony, though. I know Blade Runner is kind of divisive because of just how slow and ambient it is most of the time, but I hope they find time for that atmosphere in amongst all of the WE WERE BEING HUNTED ARREHFIFGGHSSFDF*MASSIVE TANK FIRE EVERYONE RUNNING* antics.

Window

Looks great. Not feeling Leto's dialogue though. Feels like they're trying to channel Tyrell but it's just not working.

Anung

Un Rama
I feel like I'm broken because the trailers aren't doing much for me. The cinematography and music is damn good though.

Just slather that deakins cinematography all over me

Yeah, no kidding. Looks like Deakins went full HAM for this movie. Can't wait to see it on the big screen in October!

I know folks have been speculating this for awhile now, but damn, it really does seem like Gosling is probably going to be Deckard and Rachel's son, huh?

theWB27

I'm sure it'll look GOOD, but not like it'll be the next best thing visually. Already looking a lot like the films we've seen over the years. Interested more in the story.

I'm interested in more cyberpunk worlds like this....what are some of those? Honest question.

Haha, the music sounds like Deus Ex 3+4's trailers. Not really a bad thing but it's funny to see things come back and be influenced by things which were influenced by them in the first place.

Looks kind of actiony, though. I know Blade Runner is kind of divisive because of just how slow and ambient it is most of the time, but I hope they find time for that atmosphere in amongst all of the WE WERE BEING HUNTED ARREHFIFGGHSSFDF*MASSIVE TANK FIRE EVERYONE RUNNING* antics.

The whole look of this film kind of looks like it is borrowing from movies/games that borrowed their entire aesthetic from Blade Runner. The visuals are done pretty well but I still have the nagging feeling that this will end up being a movie heavily inspired by the original rather than seeming like a direct sequel.

That be said, Mad Max Fury Road was a similar situation and that movie is excellent so I'd love for some solid cyberpunk sci-fi.

Z3M0G

What? We are only on the 3nd trailer? I though I've seen 2 or 3 already...

Edit: Ok, that trailer promises one hell of a story twist... it better live up to it.

Nightfall

I need to get home and see this on my TV asap!

I went from "I never want this film to be made" to full on "OMG I NEED THIS NOW!" hype mode.

Corpsepyre

Banned
The whole look of this film kind of looks like it is borrowing from movies/games that borrowed their entire aesthetic from Blade Runner. The visuals are done pretty well but I still have the nagging feeling that this will end up being a movie heavily inspired by the original rather than seeming like a direct sequel.

That be said, Mad Max Fury Road was a similar situation and that movie is excellent so I'd love for some solid cyberpunk sci-fi.

That's how it's going to be. I don't think we will be seeing a new leap here. Trailers don't show that atleast. I'm sure it'll be a striking film, but nothing that we haven't seen before. The original was just way ahead of its time and defined that cyberpunk look we know.

moggio

Banned
Did all the good cinematographers die?

I think they probably did.

Also I didn't know Jared Leto was in this.

I can't wait to see him trying hard to do acting.

A sequel to my favorite film of all time with my mancrush as the lead and original mancrush coming back

<3 *swoon*

Looks amazing

Leto may be a douchenozzle but he's a solid actor

Lima

What the hell is this? Deakins is one of the best cinematographers working today.

Jared Leto had some good roles and did terrific acting outside of his misstep as the Joker in Suicide Sqaud.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Believe it or not the Ghost in the Shell Live action Movie visually looks stunning.

Agreed. It's a legitimate entry in the "new cyberpunk", regardless of the difficult politics surrounding anime adaptations, whitewashing, etc.

Top Bottom