• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade Runner Blackout 2022 announced: short anime film by Shinichiro Watanabe

Cool! I'm prepared for some awesome visuals at least. Watanbe never disappoints.

Watch this be much better and more beloved by fans than the new movie.

I'd rather appreciate both on their own terms, instead of making such a claim. If Blade Runner 2040 disappoints me, then it disappoints me. Not much else to it.

Apc34v2.gif

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
You doubt the guy who directed Incendies? Really?

I actually am hopeful for this movie and I've heard great things about the director.

I guess it's just Animatrix > Matrix sequel vibes.

You're telling me the guy who made Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, and fuckin' Space Dandy is getting to make a legit Bladerunner anything?!

Dude that must be like coming home for him, Cowboy Bebop was pretty Bladerunner-y at points.

duckroll

http://eiga.com/preview/3250/

will be a special screening for this in Japan with a talk event with Watanabe after. There's a giveaway running now where they will select 50 winners for a pair of tickets each. Not sure if they'll bother with this if it's just a 10 minute short, so it could be longer.

The screening it supposed to start at 20:15 on Sept 26, while the short is supposed to go live on Youtube at 20:49 on Sept 26. So maybe it's about 30 minutes long?

Are you for real right now.

He's right: https://animeanime.jp/article/2017/09/15/35320.html

Jarmel

Banned
ITmedia says the character designer and animation director is Shuko Murase (Ergo Proxy).

That's interesting. The designs reminded me of some of Nakazawa's 'sketchy' work like the Kill Bill segment or Animatrix. I wonder if Nakazawa is busy with the Netflix anime so he couldn't do this. I guess I can see Ergo Proxy in there.

Geist-

I admit, I was hoping for a full series when I saw the news on another website. 13-26 episodes of Blade Runner with Watanabe at the helm would have been amazing.

Oh well, I can settle for a short film I guess.

i just want him to return to space sci fi full time instead of the executive producer-like role he had with space dandy.

What is he even doing. I need 2 Cowboy 2 Bebop.

Metalmarc

Well I wasn't expecting more Blade Runner news this Today, in a form of Anime cool

This would be ideal for Dredd too, but its a long way from now.

Seasons 1-3 T.V Series : 2019-2022

Anime Film end of 2022 early 2023

seasons 4-6 2023-2026/27

Anime Shorts/Series - 2026/2027

Season 7 - 2027

Meanwhile during Season 5-7 they could be working on bringing back another Judge Dredd film probably by a different company in 2028-2029 then I think enough time will have passed since 2012 dredd for a Holywood Movie again, plus if the TV series builds up enough interest.

jett

D-Member
How strange that they've turned Blade Runner into this weird Matrix-like multi-media shit. And seemingly last-minute too.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
FlyLo says on Twitter he also brought in Kuedo and Miguel Atwood-Ferguson to work with him on the music. Very cool.

Top Bottom