• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade Runner Blackout 2022 announced: short anime film by Shinichiro Watanabe

tenor.gif

duckroll

Btw I think this is the second of the midquel shorts they talked about earlier. The first is already out and is a live action piece by Scott's son, for those who haven't been following. So it should be out within the next couple of weeks.

Drahcir

I really didn't know how much more ancillary Blade Runner stuff I wanted to coincide with 2049 but this news pretty much told me to shut the fuck up and just embrace it all. :)

Trago

Btw I think this is the second of the midquel shorts they talked about earlier. The first is already out and is a live action piece by Scott's son, for those who haven't been following. So it should be out within the next couple of weeks.

I thought the second one was released already?

duckroll

So we have 2036 and 2048 now. And this will be 2022. Looks like they can make 26 more shorts to cover all the gaps!

If there going to go full anime, just keep watanbe as director and get the old BGC crew back together. Or atleast make things come full circle with a priss cameo.

i-Lo

Like Riddick, imagine if we had game/s as interstitial/sequel. Technologically, we've come a long way and after seeing what Deus Ex MD pulled off, it would be a great way to proliferate the IP.

I remember seeing the Blackout event and thinking it would make an interesting story. Guess this was the plan.

I have no hopes in the new film and same with this, but I'll watch it anyway.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Watch this be much better and more beloved by fans than the new movie.

Top Bottom