• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

News Blasphemous story Wounds of Eventide (story DLC) coming December 9th 2021. Blasphemous 2 announced for 2023

Bartski

Jan 15, 2020
Katowice
IGN GamesCom 2021 livestream featured the reveal of the next story DLC for Spanish indie game studio's The Game Kitchen hit debut Blasphemous - Wounds of Eventide, coming FREE this December.
The animated trailer might suggest the DLC will focus on bringing the story of the elusive Crisanta of the Wrapped Agony to completion, leading up to the ultimate true ending of the game.

The reveal ended with an announcement of a full sequel to the game in the making, scheduled for 2023.

The dark fantasy action-platformer Blasphemous is getting a story-concluding update later this year, leading to a full sequel slated for sometime in 2023.
The Game Kitchen announced at Gamescom that it will release Wounds of Eventide later this year in December. This free DLC will unlock the true ending for Blasphemous, originally released in 2019.
“We’re so excited to finally announce that we’ve started on a Blasphemous sequel, the community have shown so much love for the first game and we can’t wait to share more when we can!” says Game Kitchen in a statement.

But if the wait is long, fans can at least enjoy the upcoming Wounds of Eventide DLC which is described as the final installment and definitive end to the first Blasphemous.

Last edited:

Saber

Jan 30, 2019
I digged alot the art and while the story didn't bother me much I got kinda dissapointed with the game. The soundtrack in particular...why people don't even try to do a decent music nowadays is beyond me.

• Fire
Reactions: jaysius

BPX

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
Excited Cant Wait GIF

Holammer

Jan 3, 2019
I'll play it again.
I enjoyed and hated the game when I played it to completion + did some basic Achievement hunting. It tries too hard to be the Dark Souls of Metroidvania and ends up annoying the player a bit too much.

• Fire
Reactions: jaysius

MiguelItUp

Feb 24, 2015
Super stoked about this, absolutely loved Blasphemous. Being a Spaniard myself, it was hard to not be all over it, haha.

I digged alot the art and while the story didn't bother me much I got kinda dissapointed with the game. The soundtrack in particular...why people don't even try to do a decent music nowadays is beyond me.
Eh, a lot of things are subjective. To each their own, but I personally loved the OST. This track is just one example.

Mr Hyde

Jun 1, 2018
Blasphemous was amazing. Did several playthroughs of the main game and the DLC. Art style is fantastic, gruesome and evocative, and the combat is equally good, with memorable boss fights and lore. Can't wait for this new piece of story dlc and the sequel. Exciting times ahead!

MiguelItUp

Feb 24, 2015
Is this game any good ?
This and Hades are the same price...
I personally loved it a good amount. If you're trying to purchase one, I'd say go with the one that you're more in the mood to play. I mean, gameplay-wise they're nothing alike, haha.

To be blunt, one is a metroidvania, and the other is a rogue-like. in the end I'd personally recommend both, though that may not be that helpful. So, sorry, haha.

Reactions: VeganElduderino

lame gag1990

Mar 23, 2019
Blasphemous was a good game and I quite enjoyed it. It wasn't overly difficult either. The 2D animation and the overall asthetic were well done. If anyone hasn't played it and you enjoy Metroid clones, this is a good one.