• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blastball for 3DS , a new Nintendo IP announced at Nintendo World Championships

Volotaire

4zyb.png
- An FPS mutiplayer Arena team shooter
- Objective: Try and shoot the goal repeatedly to get it in the opposite's team goalposts i.e. like football.
- When you score a goal, the goal gets smaller
- 3vs 3 played on NWC
- First team to 3 goals
- Use your laser to hit the ball back
- Cannot shoot laser constantly, have to manage your laser energy (power management)
- There are physics on the ball
- Arena also have verticality
- Your mech can be disabled and you are removed from the map
- Multiple mechs can be down at a time
- Blasting a ball at another player means you take damage
- Powerups can be collected on the map
- There is a jet power-up which forces jets to eject players and stuns them for a while
- Hold A button to do a stronger blast
- Balls drop from top of the arena at start of game
- You can score own goals accidentally
- Use R to strafe
- Use L to lockon

Any footage I can watch on mobile?

Rewind the current stream on YT https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9H8VcU21j4

The official Nintendo 3DS Facebook Page from Germany calls it an yet unknown Game

Link

I mentioned on the NWC thread and found the moment where you read Clearly "G.F.S. AEGIS" which is in line with the ship naming in the Metroid Galactic Federation naming for "G.F.S. Valhalla", "G.F.S. Olympus", etc.

https://youtu.be/J9H8VcU21j4?t=6993

Thanks Wario 64 for the gif.

Peltz

This game is a bit like Firestriker for SNES or Pong. You need to bat the ball into the other goal using projectiles.

Toxi

Banned
Metroid Prime Hunters+Football=BLASTBALL

I'm actually really intrigued by this idea. A first-person shooter focused on shooting a ball into a goal instead of shooting other players.

Pokemaniac

I'm getting a serious Metroid Prime vibe from this game's HUD. Wonder if this is from Nintendo Software Technology.

Nintendo are really pushing in to fps/competitive multiplayer and trying to expand it. Another great, interesting concept. Reminds me of the foot ball game in Anarchy Reigns. The visual identity could be stronger though.

Well, that's one way to get an FPS on 3DS, I suppose.

It's no looker, but it's sufficiently different from the rest of the 3DS lineup that I'm interested. Hope it's another Garage IP.

Par Score

What the hell odds could you have gotten for Nintendo's next two new IPs to both be team based, goal based, shooters?

It's cool, but also so far out of left field it's unreal.

Top Bottom