• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blaster Master Zero III announced for PS4, Switch, and PC

Bullet Club

Blaster Master Zero III announced for PS4, Switch, and PC​

ibEp8Ac.jpg

nti Creates has announced Blaster Master Zero III for PlayStation 4, Switch, and PC (Steam, Epic Games Store). It will launch on July 29 for $14.99.

Here is an overview of the game, via Inti Creates:

Revealed during the New Game Plus Expo 2.0 on March 4, Blaster Master Zero III is confirmed to be in development from Inti Creates.
Blaster Master Zero III is a direct sequel to Blaster Master Zero 2 that will release as a digital only title on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Steam, the Epic Games Store.

Series protagonist Jason travels to where the series all began, the planet Sophia, in order to save series heroine Eve in this final installment of the story! The team is working hard in order to bring the game to you on July 29, 2021, and we hope you enjoy the climax of this intergalactic story!

Embark on your journey aboard the super-planetary all-purpose battle tank G-SOPHIA SV! With the the Vision Reversal Visor (VRV) System, Jason crosses into an alternate dimension!

Watch the announcement trailer below. View the first screenshots and key artwork at the gallery. Visit the official website here.

Source: Gematsu

A trilogy collection is also coming.

alf717

Wow this is great. I own the first game and was thinking of grabbing the 2nd but will hold off for the trilogy. Hope it gets a retail release.

joedan

The second was one of the first fames I got for Switch. Was enjoyable and I reached pretty deep into it. However I got lost on some map and started playing another game and never got around to picking it back up. May now need to revisit it.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
These games are a great follow up to the NES original. I think they are a lot easier than the original, or more forgiving, but that makes them enjoyable too.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
All over the trilogy collection Day one as i haven't played 1 or 2 yet!!!

That announcer in the US trailer above is probably the worst i have ever heard.....GAG!

Gallard

Who's playing this game?

What the hell is with the mechanic where the more injured you get the weaker your guns get?

"We notice you haven't been doing so well, so let's make it even harder."

_Ex_

"We notice you haven't been doing so well, so let's make it even harder."

This hearkens back to the original 1988 Blaster Master. Kinda like black world tendency before Demon's Souls.

-

Unfortunately the only way to get the physical PS4 version of BMZ3 is via fairly expensive import. But I like the cover art, and it's a trilogy collection, so at least you get all three games:

n1fmlod17dl61.jpg

Reactions: Isa

KiteGr

This hearkens back to the original 1988 Blaster Master. Kinda like black world tendency before Demon's Souls.

-

Unfortunately the only way to get the physical PS4 version of BMZ3 is via fairly expensive import. But I like the cover art, and it's a trilogy collection, so at least you get all three games:

n1fmlod17dl61.jpg

How did you get those? Are they from limited run?
Limited Run.
The recent 3rd was also available about a month ago, though I won't see shipped for half a year.

Why aren't these on Xbox? I get a bunch of JRPGs and stuff that go the Switch + PC, route, but this seems like it would fit great on Xbox or GamePass.

Holammer

I bought 1 & 2 at release, even DLC and haven't found time to play either. I'll chillax with the third and get it later.
Gotta support pixel art and games featuring potted plants with giant melons.

Kilau

Gold Member

Saber

Gold Member
So how this game fairs? Recently got interested.

I remembered this game a few days ago, I even watched a few gameplay walkthrough videos here and there. The music sounds nice, I'm not just entirelly sure on the rest. Feels ok, so anyone who played and can give me an imput I would appreciate.

Isa

I've got these games across Switch, PS4 and Xbox most recently, but I'm replaying the first two before I hop into the third. They are good fun, nice art and music. Plus the preorder price was fair.

Calverz

I really enjoyed blaster master zero on the switch. I might try getting the sequel on Xbox or ps5 with the better controllers.

Top Bottom