• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blazblue Cross Tag Battle announced (Blazblue X Persona X Undernight Inbirth X RWBY)

Veedot

Are chances of me getting Minato higher than the negatives? If not I will settle for Aki, Aigis and Mitsuru. P3 all day!!!!

Guys are we really arguing about RWBY? Can't we just agree to play the characters or not play the characters depending on what side you are?
DE49cREVwAAiFqx.jpg

lol
Life comes at you fast!

RikuDawn

I'd like to see P5A get announced and then at the end of the trailer reveal that you'll be able to try out playing as Joker first as a DLC character in this or something.

Toxi

Banned
Jeez, from some of the salty bastards in this thread they act as if RWBY killed their dog or something lol.
The hilarious part is that basically everything negative you could say about RWBY, you could say far worse about Blazblue.

If anything, RWBY is a perfect fit for Arcsys.

Awesome! Not sure why there is so much RWBY hate in here. Its a fun show and its relly popular in japan. Also not sure why people automatically assume the RWBY side of the roster is going to be much smaller then the others.

RWBY has more then enough characters to fill a roster by itself, and they are all totally different aesthetically and fighting wise.

Honestly the majority of the game development will probably going towards creating the RWBY characters because they have to be made from scratch, with the other game characters are already made and will only need miner tweaks here and there.

I expect at least 8 RWBY characters. 10 if we are lucky.

Team RWBY, Team JNPR, Qrow and someone else... Maybe Cinder, Torchwick or Neo.

The roster is my main concern. Having a 4-way crossover is a good way to have the least interesting characters be in the game. It's the one thing Capcom Fighting Jam (or whatever it was called) managed to avoid. I'm looking at this game and, while I am gonna buy it, I'm really worried it's gonna be the jack of all trades and masters of none when it comes to the roster.

Imagine if someone like CHIE was left off the roster.

duckroll

Why is this game called Blazblue instead of something more exciting and original? Are most of the characters going to be Blazblue characters with a couple of cameos from the other franchises?

It's like calling Marvel vs Capcom........... Street Fighter Cross Battle or something. Meh.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Why is this game called Blazblue instead of something more exciting and original? Are most of the characters going to be Blazblue characters with a couple of cameos from the other franchises?

It's like calling Marvel vs Capcom........... Street Fighter Cross Battle or something. Meh.

Probably wanted to use a known name up front and will probably factor in blazblue story elements for the spin off's story and honestly would be kinda hard to have a name that is good for all of them in one thing. Using BB as the glue for that makes sense

I think we get 8-10 BB characters, 7-10 Persona 4 characters, 8-9 UNIEL characters, and Team RWBY(four characters).

I'd like to think that we'll get a giant 30+ character roster, but I think 20-28 might be more realistic.

That's only if they decide to focus on these 4 properties and not just keep adding new proporties to the game. We can only say for sure when we see what direction the roster takes.

Anyway given Arcsy's standard I think a 20-28 roster is pushing it. Expecting only 14-18 as per their usual first outing for a new IP.

That's only if they decide to focus on these 4 properties and not just keep adding new proporties to the game to make it more of a crossover.

Anyway given Arcsy's standard I think a 20-28 roster is pushing it. Expecting only 15-20 as per their usual first outing for a new IP.
their usual first outings dont consist of reusing sprites

Veedot

Its coming, I'm sure. Remember that Atlus registered a number of domains some months back. To be fair, some were obviously them just securing the domains (since they didn't get persona6 and persona7 as I recall), but it also hinted toward their plans, and p5u was one of them as I recall.

edit: Saw this on twitter:

DE4vzvvXoAASiV6.jpg:large

LMAO My exact feelings after every announcement post Jedah/Gamora

Momentary

Banned
I'm expecting between 18 to 25 characters. I can't see a roster bigger than that. Even 25 is kind of pushing wishful think territory.

But since a majority of the sprites are probably reused, I could possibly see 30, if they don't try to go crazy with gameplay mechanics.

Rutger

Banned
I can't say I know much about RWBY other than that it exists, but Arcsys is one of the companies I trust the most when it comes to fighting game movesets so I look forward to what they come up with.

That said, I've played all the games in this, so I'm not going to miss it.

That's only if they decide to focus on these 4 properties and not just keep adding new proporties to the game. We can only say for sure when we see what direction the roster takes.

Anyway given Arcsy's standard I think a 20-28 roster is pushing it. Expecting only 14-18 as per their usual first outing for a new IP.

No way we get a 14-18 character roster when more than half of them are reused sprites.

I try to curb my expectations with the RWBY and UNIEL side of the roster just cause ASW will have to make new sprites for them(maybe not in UNIEL's case), so I say 20-28 is realistic for a game of this type.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I'm expecting at least 6-8 characters from each franchise if they want to keep the numbers even. If not then 12 BB characters 4-6 of the rest

I can't say I know much about RWBY other than that it exists, but Arcsys is one of the companies I trust the most when it comes to fighting game movesets so I look forward to what they come up with.

That said, I've played all the games in this, so I'm not going to miss it.

Arcsys is the best choice for RWBY. A lot of insperation was taken for BB for some characters in RWBY.

Penny is pretty much a BB character.

d00.gif

also

a6b54e53a83f058917b4eb244dea5204.jpg

I wish they announced platforms.

Get the salt that the game isn't coming to a preferred platform early.
Yeah seriously. I quit tv gaming due to it making me sick so when a game has no platforms announced I get my hopes for Switch but they always get crushed. I love Persona so would love a Persona fighting game on Switch plus getting into the other series.

If its not on Switch I'll have fun watching others play I guess. Just wish they would say, especially since a blazblue game HAS been announced for Switch. Its just cruel not to confirm what platforms this game is on. :/

Also, it may just be me, but with the way they introduced the RWBY character, it made it seem like every new character would actually be from a new series. But thats probably not the case.

Menitta

Arcsys is the best choice for RWBY. A lot of insperation was taken for BB for some characters in RWBY.

d00.gif

also

a6b54e53a83f058917b4eb244dea5204.jpg

So I watched all of s1 of Rwby last night and seeing her instantly made me think of BB. Yeah Arc is pretty perfect for Rwby.

Didn't really care for the show but damnit, so many of my friends have tried to get me to watch it so I'll keep going. It's got cool fight scenes. Monty was known for that stuff so it's no surprise.

Because Atlus wouldn't let them call it Persona 4 Arena and 3 Other Wack Ass Franchises

Oddish1

RWBY is a pretty awful show, but it's a fighting game so I guess it's fine. It only really matters in the sense that it's a generic flashy character that does things when you push the button, it's not like the game is going to have RWBY's laughable animation and writing.

Kalentan

RWBY is a pretty awful show, but it's a fighting game so I guess it's fine. It only really matters in the sense that it's a generic flashy character that does things when you push the button, it's not like the game is going to have RWBY's laughable animation and writing.

I really don't get how RWBY has laughable animation. Maybe during Season 1 when it was finding it's footing but Season 2 on has pretty good animation. Honestly find it funny that it looks better than most animes with larger budget that use CG nowadays. Seriously, most 3D anime seem to forget to actually animate the characters.

Rutger

Banned

The few characters I've seen do look like they would have no problems fitting in with the BB cast, haha.

New playstyles are always fun to try out, and if none work out for me I still have plenty I know I can fall back on. This game is going to be fun.

Dot-N-Run

I'm really curious to see how they handle the voices, will it be dubbed in multiple languages, only in Japanese, or will it just be some unholy mess?

Fj0823

The writing is just a simple cliché-filled story with some endearing characters...I totally get not liking it.

But c'mon the animation
Fight.gif

could be way worse...

5f4.gif

Oddish1

The writing is just a simple cliché-filled story with some endearing characters...I totally get not liking it.

But c'mon the animation

could be way worse...

Berserk is rightfully mocked for its poor animation. The animation could also be way better considering its a show with a manga, a video game, and an official Japanese dub with a broadcast in Japan.

But c'mon the animation
Fight.gif

could be way worse...

5f4.gif

This 100%! To put it into a video game comparison. RWBY is made by an indie studio trying to make a AAA game like Final Fantasy but clearly not having the resources/budget to get it done but still doing the very best they can.

Fj0823

This 100%! To put it into a video game comparison. RWBY is made by an indie studio trying to make a AAA game like Final Fantasy but clearly not having the resources/budget to get it done but still doing the very best they can.

Exactly my point, while others like Berserk are strong IP with access to great animation studios and they make that kind of shit.

RWBY guys do each episode with all the love, resources and effort they have. It might not be for everyone, but they deserve the success.

Toxi

Banned
It's an Arcsys game. If there's a story mode, laughable writing will be expected.

Perineum

I think it's a no brainer we will get some Persona 5 characters in the roster and not just P4/P3 returns.

That said all I want from this is Chie and I am in.

Top Bottom