• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blazblue Cross Tag Battle announced (Blazblue X Persona X Undernight Inbirth X RWBY)

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I find it hard to believe that my first exposure to RWBY franchise is from this trailer so I'm curious to see what kind of movesets or archetype they are bringing into this game.

I'm totally excited for this game and I really hope that they are going out all on the roster and battle system.

Protome

I didn't think any announcement today would excite me as much as the female Doctor Who one.

I was right.
This is a REALLY close second though.

Kysen

Never heard of RWBY went to YT and it looks like a Blender animation project. Not a good look imo. At least ASW can salvage the artwork. Also the eng VA in the trailer was terrible.

WarRock

I was literally about to do a image about them two. I assume they would be nice. I finally saw gameplay footage of Enkidu he hits hard as hell like Azrael.

Taokaka/Yosuke would be pure hell since they so fast. I'm not sure who fast as hell on Under Night since I've never played it.
That would be Seth.

Village

I know a lot of this is asset reuse, but it would be cool if we got P5 characters

( or even the impossible, pre p3 characters)

sjay1994

I find it hard to believe that my first exposure to RWBY franchise is from this trailer so I'm curious to see what kind of movesets or archetype they are bringing into this game.

I'm totally excited for this game and I really hope that they are going out all on the roster and battle system.

If the main 4 are in there

Ruby is probably going to be a mid range character with potential zoning/ sniper jumps (think rocket jumps but with a high impact sniper's recoil)

Weiss:

latest

Blake:

Probably come close range, teleporting stuff

Yang:

Brawler and if her character trait from the show is kept will probably cause some clutches/piss people off (can absorb the damage she took and hit back twice as hard)

Linkark07

Banned
Umm is this coming to PC/Steam? Cuz that would be amazing.
Will grab on PS4 at least.

Only thing missing here is Hokuto no Ken :/

It would be the first official Persona game on PC.

Personally, I believe the odds are high this is coming to PC. I hope Atlus, even if they continue being stupid ignoring PC gaming, can't force Arc System to not have a Steam release.

ArjanN

So what though? The four girls already bring more vairety in there movesets then any of the other 3, and it's popularity will help sales a bunch.

I'll give it that they're something new compared to the re-used other characters, but it still looks like a fan made thing compared to the Arc stuff.

NotLiquid

Guilty Gear seems like a super glaring omission for what's basically "Arc System All-Stars."

They'd have to make completely new (downgraded) graphics for Guilty Gear. As cool as this looks, this mostly seems like a fairly cheap crossover and lower-budgeted ArcSys game akin to stuff Capcom occasionally did back in the 2000s. Only new assets seem to be for RWBY.

IronLich

I don't think any other RWBY characters are getting invited aside from Team RWBY themselves.

But this will totally open the door for a balls out RWBY fighting game.

Damn this is amazing!

Never played UNIEL, but I love BlazBlue, Persona, and RWBY. FGOTY 2018 already!

(I hope they include Joker to prepare for the inevitable Persona 5 Arena.)

Naite

I dont care how dumb itll look, but I'd take the old GGXX sprites if I could use Accent Core characters in this.

mas8705

Gotta say using the word Trap is not a smart one on this site.

Many Trans folk here a lot of which who find that word offensive.

Apologies. I'm still learning the small things of the "DO's and DON'T's" of Neogaf.

It has been corrected (unless if I should take the picture down too).

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Who cares if they reuse the world of sprites, too, BTW? I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the UNIEL characters have to have elements totally redone to fit alongside ASW particular animation style.

This will actually be an ASW (+French Bread!) game that could have an insanely satisfying size cast on first blush, thanks to all the recycling / relativity minor touchups needed. And we know from right here that we're getting enough RWBY characters (which are all totally new sprites) for it to be considered on equal footing with all these other series that have larger cast to draw sprites from.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a single GG character get sprite'd (again!) to fit into this game, too, but not enough of them to count as a core part of the feature cross.

I wonder if this game will have ISM-style system select, or just bind everything together? As similar as some of these games look to the untrained eye, they have a lot of variety in play, and we'll get something refreshingly new with all of it brought to fight against each other.

Oh, and I hope we get some of the UNIEL musicians making themes for this game.

Beth Cyra

Apologies. I'm still learning the small things of the "DO's and DON'T's" of Neogaf.

It has been corrected (unless if I should take the picture down too).

Nah the character is cool, just the word has a lot of negativeity towards Trans people, though as a Transgender Person I will say I adore that man and his super is the second best in Blaz :)

Loz246789

I dunno how we ended up in this timeline, but I am not complaining. Rwby has problems, sure, but the main character designs and their fighting game potential are not among them. Should be great!
(How did Rwby crossover with Persona before...I dunno. Danganronpa, or something. It's kind of insane.)

Top Bottom