• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazeBlue: New HD2D Fighter From Arc System Works

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
prodystopian said:
I see that this is not GG, but it is supposed to be as in depth/difficult? I've never played any of the GG games, but from what I've read it sounds like the battle system is incredibly deep meaning that it would take a long time to learn. Is that what I should expect from this?

Yes. It will be deep and probably just as difficult and practice intensive as GG was. But GG was still fun just fooling around

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
prodystopian said:
I see that this is not GG, but it is supposed to be as in depth/difficult? I've never played any of the GG games, but from what I've read it sounds like the battle system is incredibly deep meaning that it would take a long time to learn. Is that what I should expect from this?

Yes, GG was deep and BlazBlue will be too. But make no mistake, even casual 2D fighting game fans can have a hell of a lot of fun with either. GG was fast paced, the characters were crazy, and the special moves awesome. BlazBlue looks to be no different.

gantz85

Banned
Hunahan said:
Street Fighter 4? The only thing I can see that's "simple" about this game in any way is that there is a cultural burn-in and usable muscle memory for the world warriors' special moves. Beyond that, it's a pretty fucking complicated game.

What's utterly fascinating to me here is how Capcom managed to effectively convince people that this game was really casual-friendly and easy to get into when so many less complicated fighters have not.

It's a marketing point. It's a communication tactic. And it's something that a lot of games obviously fail at when they shouldn't.

If you ask me, constructing a less complicated or frame-specific fighter isn't even remotely necessary. What these companies should really get after is figuring out what it was about Capcom's communication and marketing efforts that completely altered the physical reality of their product into something that people are willing to swallow.

That communication is obviously the ticket to broader fighting game success.

I'm not being even remotely sarcastic. After listening to the mainstream media reaction to Sf4, I'm utterly convinced that it's less about what you give someone, and more about what you can make them believe that you are giving them.

This post is why I think Sony suck with their marketing by far.. they have no idea how to lead on to frame what and how the media should think about their game releases. Microsoft has a much better of doing this, and what happens is that flaws argued on several key titles on one platform is overlooked on the other; I think not out of deliberate folly but rather out of how the game has been sold to them right from the very first press release.

I think companies need to better master the art of marketing for that little bit more competitive edge.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Well, GG-type games do suffer more from lag then other types of fighters- so GGPO is a good idea for them.

If only I didn't hate the game so much. Someone needs to convince Ignition to do the same with 98UM, but they're too cheap most likely.

JEKKI

bb_x_triumvir-blog.jpg

http://triumvir3.com/wordpress/?p=2073

hoping for sum Litchi panties~!!

Xabora said:
Its not like I wanted the game already but this just makes me want it even more.
Soooo much more. :O

ZOMG! Animu and moon language~!

bah

Show me online play lobby system and stuff.

Don't give me no broke ass SFEX4 online on release guys!

I'm very curious about the story portion of the game... if they do that well I'll definitely pick it up, if they do that poorly (as usual with fighters) then it's gonna be a rent for me.

Xabora

The Take Out Bandit said:

bah

o_O
Its not like I was already going to get it. *cough* GGXX *cough*

I prefer to play fighters locally with people I know.
Online is a bonus at times.

Xabora said:
I prefer to play fighters locally with people I know.
Online is a bonus at times.

Unfortunately none of my friends play fighting games. So online play is a must until those rare times when I can get together with people that play fighting games. :|

Xabora

Unfortunately none of my friends play fighting games. So online play is a must until those rare times when I can get together with people that play fighting games. :|
That sucks. :(
Well, here is to hoping for good online play.

bah

Don't give me no broke ass SFEX4 online on release guys!
Unless you meant proper footage from the online aspect of the game, here's something I noticed from a recent press release:
• Console-Exclusive Content!
Brand new music, animations, backgrounds, and a fully fleshed-out story mode have been made exclusively for the console release!

• Dual Language Support!
Experience the fully realized BlazBlue saga with fully-voiced dialogue in English or Japanese!

• Online Battle
Train your skills online through ranked and player battles. Create online lobbies where up to six players can battle each other or spectate from the sidelines to gauge their opponents!

DMPrince said:
Why is the ps3 stick so big?
Because it's a Hori Real Arcade Pro.

360 gets another shitty EX2; the case is too low profile to fit a real JLF unless you perform some physical modding.

I'd wager both sticks use non-arcade spec Hori clone buttons that are soldered directly to the PCB though.

Xabora

_dementia said:
I'd wager both sticks use non-arcade spec Hori clone buttons that are soldered directly to the PCB though.
Dammit. :(
I was hoping for those to be easily modifiable.

Xabora said:
Well I know that they are, but the models with the pins soldered are not as easily modifiable. ;P
EDIT: Looks like pre-orders for the sticks aren't up at play-asia.
lol no shit

HRAP?
more like HCRAP amirite?

Yes Boss!

icecream said:
Hori sticks announced:

beuihg.jpg

Blah, hoping for something nice from Hori for this game. I'll be sticking with my previously owned sticks.

BlazBlue question: Will the NA version have a Japanese voice option? Trying to decide if I should go with play-asia for this one.

Considering that Aksys is publishing it in North America they usually keep a Japanese voice option or just leave the Japanese Voice Overs intact.

Chorazin

Yes Boss! said:
Blah, hoping for something nice from Hori for this game. I'll be sticking with my previously owned sticks.

BlazBlue question: Will the NA version have a Japanese voice option? Trying to decide if I should go with play-asia for this one.

Yup, it's going to have dial language support.

Yes Boss! said:

Aksys confirmed dual language support on their podcast. Still unclear if it' on a per character basis (as if there is hope for decent English VA).

flamesofchaos said:
Considering that Aksys is publishing it in North America they usually keep a Japanese voice option or just leave the Japanese Voice Overs intact.
This needed a vocal translation to get by SCEA (that was what held up Battle Fantasia in the US on PS3 - BF has a *lot* of speech and it probably wasn't economically viable to rerecord everything in English).

_dementia said:
Aksys confirmed dual language support on their podcast. Still unclear if it' on a per character basis (as if there is hope for decent English VA).

This needed a vocal translation to get by SCEA (that was what held up Battle Fantasia in the US on PS3 - BF has a *lot* of speech and it probably wasn't economically viable to rerecord everything in English).

Shoot, need I some passion when I'm spamming!

kle89

Neo Member
running to gs to preorder this! i read somewhere (cant find the link) that the campaign actually spans 20+ hours filled with dialogue cutscenes and what not, unlike sf4. i think its pretty interesting for a fighting game to have a real story.

kle89 said:
running to gs to preorder this! i read somewhere (cant find the link) that the campaign actually spans 20+ hours filled with dialogue cutscenes and what not, unlike sf4. i think its pretty interesting for a fighting game to have a real story.
Yeah man I buy all my fighters based on single player content.

FoxSpirit

Relix said:
GGPO confirms my purchase of the awesome LE this game has!

It doesn't actually use GGPO. But Aksys said "HDremix quality netcode with 0 input-delay". That's all you can ask for in my book.

@_dementia: Hmmm, what other games outside the GG series have something like an actual storyline? LastBlade II had multiple endings and some prefight dialogues. Mark of the Wolves at least has the pre-Grant talks.

But really, most of the time the developers are even too lazy to at least write 2-3 dialogues for a character to flesh him and his story a bit out.

*glares at Capcom*

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
FoxSpirit said:
It doesn't actually use GGPO. But Aksys said "HDremix quality netcode with 0 input-delay". That's all you can ask for in my book.

HDRemix netcode was rock solid (Damn you SF4 for getting close but not pulling it D: ) so i am fine with it. Story mode also sounds hot.

kle89 said:

Sounds awesome. I usually play single player mode in fighters because I suck. I tried to play SFIV online and got my ass kicked in like eight seconds.

rainking187 said:
Sounds awesome. I usually play single player mode in fighters because I suck. I tried to play SFIV online and got my ass kicked in like eight seconds.
You won't get better unless you play human opponents. CPU play just builds bad habits. But hey as long as you're having fun and supporting the devs at the same time I really shouldn't stop you.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Apologies for bumping this thread, but I'm trying to preorder the game from Amazon and I am only seeing the limited edition $59.99 bundle available. Wasn't there supposed to be a standard edition that was $49.99 or did I just imagine that?

Top Bottom