• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazeBlue: New HD2D Fighter From Arc System Works

SlaughterX said:
Just don't try to sell it for $60! BF came out for less than $60, right?
The Retail 360 disc was $50

Not sure about the digital PSN release, but it couldn't be any more.

But if BB sells for $60, so what? Don't buy it if that irks you.

Volcynika

Gantz said:
Really? I talked to the Arksys guys at the NYC Comic Con and they said there are currently no plans to release the game on consoles.

Did you miss the Famitsu news this week plus the X-Play video I linked just a few posts up in this thread?

Volcynika said:
Did you miss the Famitsu news this week plus the X-Play video I linked just a few posts up in this thread?
and MarkMan's constant inferences

Aksys was hush on a console port earlier because they also published the arcade version and arcade operators would need to make profit I assume

Volcynika

_dementia said:
and MarkMan's constant inferences

Aksys was hush on a console port earlier because they also published the arcade version and arcade operators would need to make profit I assume

Bingo.

Gametrailers has some new vids up.......

HOLY SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET.

this game is bad ass. The only GG I played was the psp version which was awesome even though i didn't know what I was doing I had fun ....This is on my must by list

Zzoram

I actually played the Arcade version of this at a LAN recently. Somebody bought the arcade board, rewired it to some playstation arcade pads, and hooked it up to a Samsung 32" LCD. It was awesome, but apparently cost him a few thousand dollars :lol

rykomatsu

Some new screenies from famitsu for BB

hUbA7xkET13CW3H4b7X86Rd7qvq2NeD8.jpg

MVLOu6WheCHCKEFD4HhY5K5CA8RIHa5A.jpg

TX7dx4ZU11u66469RLDP3134bETCXAHm.jpg

VC5Y8V45ox661Z9MZ944D8ge5EmD74IW.jpg

HJabf2VLt8O326TQ9BcrcMq8GODP4xle.jpg

Also...can someone explain the last image for me?....cross-platform online or erroneous screenshot?

Chowfahn

Neo Member
Also, chipmunk girls:
blazblue-20090306102206772_640w.jpg

I'm really looking forward to this game's Story mode. I've been reading the Blazblue Storyline thread on Dustloop, and even though it's a mess of half-assed theories and stupid details that have no relevance to the story, it's still pretty cool. Can't wait to play it, and see if they changed Ragna's "bad ending" from the arcade version.

Also, it sounds like they're putting a lot more effort into this game's online mode. Apparently they're partnering up with Ponder from http://ggpo.net/ to create the code. And 6-player lobbies will kick some ass.

I'm pretty shocked GAF hasn't been all over this, with all the news and previews coming out in the past couple days. Even /v/ has about 5 BB threads a day.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
i wish they would have brought Hokuto No Ken to the states. That game is creepy as fuck. It has the best atmosphere of any fighting game.

This is some of the creepiest shit I've ever seen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZWP3gbxkEE

The announcer and music is perfect. If this game is anything like that I'm all over it.

I love Arakune in this game. His voice and style reminds me of Faust and I hope he has the same power to kick ass and annoy the other player with the crazy things he says.

blaz2.jpg

TreIII

Chowfahn said:
I'm pretty shocked GAF hasn't been all over this, with all the news and previews coming out in the past couple days. Even /v/ has about 5 BB threads a day.

Give it time, I say.

The closer we get to the ideal release date, the zanier it will be. :D

Partnering up with GGPO = GOOD STUFF, in my eyes. I dunno when Capcom is finally going to start living up to that GGPO contract they started from last year, but if BB is the one that truly gets the ball rolling in this arena, so be it.

This will definitely be in my PS3 this summer, along with KOFXII.

Timedog said:
i wish they would have brought Hokuto No Ken to the states. That game is creepy as fuck. It has the best atmosphere of any fighting game.

HnK, much like other great games like Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, was a victim of legal red tape.

Even if Sega and ASW were at all interested in bringing the game over (which I doubt), they would have had likely had to deal with any legal entanglements, first. And few devs still care once THAT becomes an issue...

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
akachan ningen said:
I love Arakune in this game. His voice and style reminds me of Faust and I hope he has the same power to kick ass and annoy the other player with the crazy things he says.

blaz2.jpg

Don't worry... Arakune is without a doubt the #1 char in BB. ;)

Arcade version at least.

rykomatsu said:
HJabf2VLt8O326TQ9BcrcMq8GODP4xle.jpg

Also...can someone explain the last image for me?....cross-platform online or erroneous screenshot?

Probably haven't gotten all the buttons finished for the 360 version so they are using the PS3 buttons as placeholder.

Chowfahn

Neo Member
bloodforge said:
Probably haven't gotten all the buttons finished for the 360 version so they are using the PS3 buttons as placeholder.
That's probably what happened. In the G4 demo, it displayed the same buttons but said Playstation Network or something.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Timedog said:

This is some of the creepiest shit I've ever seen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZWP3gbxkEE

The announcer and music is perfect. If this game is anything like that I'm all over it.

If anyone has an import copy, they'd like to part with, I'll buy it!

pm

Pein

Banned
akachan ningen said:
I wish they'd put Arcana Heart 2 on PSN and XBL. It's the only game that can give ArcSys a fight in terms of crazy designs.

chara_cathe.jpg
that looks just like simon from ttgl

akachan ningen said:

blaz2.jpg
lol Shy Guy is top-tier.

I spent some time looking at the new media on IGN/1up/g4tv.com/Gametrailers (each site got different material) and this game looks like a lot of fun. I had no idea about the two newer characters either.

Halvie said:
Not sure if it was mentioned, but will the console version have balance changes?
According to the Aksys Nation podcast, no. Only glitches in the arcade version will be patched. No character will be nerfed/buffed otherwise from the AC release.

_dementia said:
According to the Aksys Nation podcast, no. Only glitches in the arcade version will be patched. No character will be nerfed/buffed otherwise from the AC release.

err... Not sure how to take this info really. Does this mean that there weren't any damage issues among the character in the arcade? If that's the case then I applaud Arc System Works. I hope someone that's played the arcade version or visited other forums can answer this for me.

rykomatsu

akachan ningen said:
I wish they'd put Arcana Heart 2 on PSN and XBL. It's the only game that can give ArcSys a fight in terms of crazy designs.

Ditto...though AH2's coming out on PS2 in about a month...

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
akachan ningen said:

[link]http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters4/chara_cathe.jpg[/link]

Yes, yes, and more yes. I guess i'm not so up-to-date with JPN 2D fighters, but I looved the mobility and sense of command you get over your char in AH. I come from smash bros melee background (forgive me), and as much as I am enjoying SF4, I seriously miss the precise movement of ssbm. AH's super-jumps, IADs, and homing attacks made for really fun play...sadly, since none of my friends would touch it, it only made for fun play against the CPU :(

The inability to play against human opponents is what has held be back from putting any real time into 2D fighters. In regards to this game and KoF, do we have any indication of the quality of online? I can't help but go in skeptical; SF4's online plays fantastically, but the lobby system is complete garbage! There is also no spectate mode, but I have to imagine that was due to techincal limitations, so while unfortunate, I can let that slide.

HDR is still the best online experience I've had with a fighting game; was Backbone responsible for the online components as well? Whoever was in charge of that needs to do some consulting for other devs; online play is not an area where we want individual developers re-inventing their own wheels...especially japanese devlopers :\

Volcynika

The Take Out Bandit said:
US or Japan release?

I'd like Atlus to localize the second one; but I don't know if they will or not. :(

Japan prolly.

Fun Fact: I bought Arcana Heart on launch here in the US and barely played it more than a half hour, and I don't have anyone that's even interested in it to play with. :/

Volcynika said:
Japan prolly.

Fun Fact: I bought Arcana Heart on launch here in the US and barely played it more than a half hour, and I don't have anyone that's even interested in it to play with. :/

Fun Fact: I imported Arcana Heart; played it once. Then a few weeks later it was announced for release in the US; and I sold the import, picked up the US release, and it's still shrink wrapped. :(

Fighters fucking require mandatory online play plz. Even the worst fighter can be redeemed if you have someone to play it against. :(

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
Fun Fact: I imported Arcana Heart; played it once. Then a few weeks later it was announced for release in the US; and I sold the import, picked up the US release, and it's still shrink wrapped. :(

Fighters fucking require mandatory online play plz. Even the worst fighter can be redeemed if you have someone to play it against. :(

The technical hurdles are so daunting it's not even funny - especially if it's going to be your first time.

bistromathics said:
The inability to play against human opponents is what has held be back from putting any real time into 2D fighters. In regards to this game and KoF, do we have any indication of the quality of online?

I'm not sure if you read this but I think this interview from Gamasutra is an interesting read, in regards to your question and more.

ezekial45

Banned
I really wished they would've put in a character thats similar to Slayer. He was my favorite GG character. The current roster really needs someone who's got style.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
Online or no god damn sale.

I actually completely agree with you, but just wanted to defend the developers a bit. I won't buy anymore offline fighters, but I can't blame developers for not including it. The only thing worse than an offline-only game is one with shitty online...and that shitty-online still took an unfathomable amount of effort (smash bros brawl notwithstanding, that has got to be the most hastily thrown together online I have ever seen, and they knew it), causing the game as a whole to suffer.

Chowfahn

Neo Member
bistromathics said:
Yes, yes, and more yes. I guess i'm not so up-to-date with JPN 2D fighters, but I looved the mobility and sense of command you get over your char in AH. I come from smash bros melee background (forgive me), and as much as I am enjoying SF4, I seriously miss the precise movement of ssbm. AH's super-jumps, IADs, and homing attacks made for really fun play...sadly, since none of my friends would touch it, it only made for fun play against the CPU :(

The inability to play against human opponents is what has held be back from putting any real time into 2D fighters. In regards to this game and KoF, do we have any indication of the quality of online? I can't help but go in skeptical; SF4's online plays fantastically, but the lobby system is complete garbage! There is also no spectate mode, but I have to imagine that was due to techincal limitations, so while unfortunate, I can let that slide.

HDR is still the best online experience I've had with a fighting game; was Backbone responsible for the online components as well? Whoever was in charge of that needs to do some consulting for other devs; online play is not an area where we want individual developers re-inventing their own wheels...especially japanese devlopers :\
The GGPO thing bodes well for the quality of BB's online, but more importantly, you can have up to 6 people in an online lobby in this game. I don't know if it's anything like DoA4, or what it looks like, but it sounds pretty nifty so far.

I'm definitely getting this game, but I don't know if I'll resubscribe to XBL for it (I'm already spending $60 for the game, and at least $40 for a stick). I have enough buddies in my town who play fighters, and the extensive Story mode sounds really awesome right now. Maybe I'll get a 3 month subscription or something.

Top Bottom