• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blazing Strike - First Look Trailer (2D pixel art fighting game for various platforms)

Bullet Club

Inspired by classic arcade fighting game series from industry greats such as Capcom and SNK, the upcoming 2D fighting game from developer RareBreed Makes Games is Blazing Strike evokes the excitement and nostalgia of 2D pixel art genre pioneers while incorporating a unique games system with modern mechanics.

Blazing Strike features a four-button system with six normal attacks: light, medium and heavy punches and kicks, as well as three defense moves: block, guard and parry. A Rush Trigger enables fighters to execute fast-paced attacks and movements, but using it will slowly drain the Rush Meter, sending the character into a temporary groggy state. This allows players to execute exciting combos while having to manage the Rush Meter. The game will include three play modes: Story Mode, Arcade Mode, and VS Mode, with training, sparring, and online match via Persona AI, and online play powered by GGPO.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
Reminds me of Yatagarasu. Hopefully it'll get more support.
Whatever happened to that game in the end?

Also this looks pretty decent, but it looks like it has vaseline/a bad filter over it.

Maybe I'll stream on my TV, to double check.

SkylineRKR

Looks good and shoot me but I think it looks better than SFV. It has more charm. I prefer this AES type of graphics.

Labolas

Whatever happened to that game in the end?

Also this looks pretty decent, but it looks like it has vaseline/a bad filter over it.

Maybe I'll stream on my TV, to double check.
Just check. It's out on steam for 15 bucks. But if I remember correctly the online was pretty bad or at least no one was playing it. I think it had to do with a lot of characters that looked the same with an already small roster. I did play for a bit back when it was free. A shame too cuz it was pretty decent.

Top Bottom