• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bleed 2 |OT| The world's greatest dual stick hero returns

Bleed2Title.jpg

Bleed 2 is a 2d run-n-gun action game with dual stick controls (or KB+M if you prefer), a triple jump, time mechanics, unlockable weapons, parries, guest characters and more. The main character, Wryn, is the world's greatest hero (thanks, Bleed 1!). Help her battle an invading force of villains and live up to her title as the Greatest Hero of All Time!

dfc0f21b6ddc2ec172d4c754c9a6c5498e2dc682.gif

Key Features:
7 levels containing over 25 boss fights
4 difficulty levels that remix enemy placement and boss patterns
Arcade Mode: Tackle the game on one life to compete for leaderboard glory
2-player local co-op for all modes (requires at least one gamepad)

Developer: Bootdisk Revolution (Ian Campbell)
Genre: Dual stick shooter, run-n-gun
Release Date: Feb 8, 2017
Platforms: PC, Mac, Linux (Steam, Humble)
Price: $9.99

Media:

Announce Trailer
Teaser 1
Teaser 2: Local Co-Op
Teaser 3: The Clawed Girl
Teaser 4: Unlocks
PAX Gameplay

slider_new_O.gif

finalAVI_O.gif

Reviews

Attack of the Fanboy - 4/5
Hardcore Gamer - 4.5/5

I added a couple reviews to the OP. Really positive so far. Hopefully GB puts up a quick look.

The game should launch in just a few minutes! Can't wait to get home and play it. Should be $8.99 for launch week, I imagine.

One of the most underrated games in the genre finally gets its sequel.

I've beaten the first two levels of Bleed 2 and it's even better than the first.

Just played a couple levels. It feels pretty good but I'm surprised at the difference in difficulty. Normal feels like Easy compared to the original. I'm not a Bleed expert or anything but the lack of difficulty is striking - that was a defining feature of the original. it demanded that you get good.

I bet I'll feel right at home on hard mode. The level design feels like a smoother curve than the original, too, which kinda threw you into the deep end immediately. It's probably a good change for new folks.

Excited to play more!

ArjanN

Just played a couple levels. It feels pretty good but I'm surprised at the difference in difficulty. Normal feels like Easy compared to the original. I'm not a Bleed expert or anything but the lack of difficulty is striking - that was a defining feature of the original. it demanded that you get good.

I bet I'll feel right at home on hard mode. The level design feels like a smoother curve than the original, too, which kinda threw you into the deep end immediately. It's probably a good change for new folks.

Excited to play more!

I doubt it's really an issue given the different difficulty modes and the arcade mode that expects you to beat it on one life.

Played a couple of levels and it's great so far. The taunt is a nice addition since it increases your rank.

I doubt it's really an issue given the different difficulty modes and the arcade mode that expects you to beat it on one life.

Played a couple of levels and it's great so far. The taunt is a nice addition since it increases your rank.

Yeah, just replayed on hard. Feels just right.

edit: just beat it on hard. Bleed 2 is fucking great.

Just played through story on hard and arcade on normal - game is fantastic. Absolutely love the huge improvements in feedback over the original game, and the bosses are consistently fantastic. The game being a bit more boss-rushy than the original is a pleasant surprise too.

I started on very hard last night and got absolutely whipped by the third level. I need to get good cause there's not much room for error. Feels great when you win though.

Well, after an embarrassing amount of deaths - hundreds, I'm sure - I have beaten very hard! My hands hurt. I wish I was better at Bleed but I still had fun trying to come up with a run good enough to beat some of those motherfuckers.

OnPoint

Had the wonderful opportunity to be a playtester for this.

Glad to see people are enjoying it!

Definitely be sure to try the game with the unlockable characters :)

Waxwing

Loved the first one- not much of a platformer/twin-stick fan, but the slow-mo and dashing felt great. Bleed 1 and Super Time Force Ultra (STFU) are my favorite games of this type pretty much ever. Excited to play.

Corpekata

Banned
This is pretty awesome and a pretty big step up.

Making the bullet reflect /parry part of the baseline loadout this time was such a smart move and really let them open up the design.

The parry/reflect feels almost mandatory, especially on harder difficulties. I wish every weapon had a built in parry. That might not make sense from some of the weapon designs, but I found myself trying to reflect when trying other weapons without thinking.

-Gozer-

Just finished on normal. Now to tackle arcade mode.

This has been one of my most anticipated games for quite some time now. Glad I finally get to play it.

Llyranor

The first one is $2 this week!

I couldn't say no to that price, so I bought the first game, played a little bit, and then instantly bought the sequel. Bleed is pretty amazing. Reminds me of a mix of Viewtiful Joe x Vanquish somehow. Playing through the higher difficulties is going to be fun challenge.

This is pretty awesome and a pretty big step up.

Making the bullet reflect /parry part of the baseline loadout this time was such a smart move and really let them open up the design.

The parry/reflect feels almost mandatory, especially on harder difficulties. I wish every weapon had a built in parry. That might not make sense from some of the weapon designs, but I found myself trying to reflect when trying other weapons without thinking.
I have to agree. The parrying while having a gun is a great addition.

wow, eurogamer just published this

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...heard-of-just-got-a-sequel-and-its-phenomenal

As romantic as the idea of the little game that no one knows about is, the truth is that anyone who has an admiration for Platinum-style games, or even action games at all, needs to play Bleed 2. It's two hours of brilliance; with tremendous scope for replayability, and a game that quite simply demands attention and deserves an audience. This one deserves an S rank of its own.

Llyranor

As I mentioned before, the closest thing this feels like to me is a mixture of Viewtiful Joe and Vanquish, so it does feel rather Platinum/Clover-esque.

As I mentioned before, the closest thing this feels like to me is a mixture of Viewtiful Joe and Vanquish, so it does feel rather Platinum/Clover-esque.

Bleed is definitely heavily inspired by Clover / Platinum action games. Aside from the ranking system being clearly based on those games', the first game has an action-game like shop, and both games' cast rolls are pretty much 100% lifted from Viewtiful Joe's.

Llyranor

I've been a bit addicted to this and played 1 and 2 back-and-back and just finished both on Hard. Not sure which one I prefer. I love 1's harder difficulty (more deaths, anyway), but I prefer the boss rush-like pace of 2 and absolutely love how much parrying adds to the gameplay.

Up next, Very Hard! I just unlocked the turbo charger in 1, so I am good to go!

Llyranor

Progress report:

Finished Bleed 1 on very hard (great stuff!) and the first few levels of 2 on VH as well. It's definitely manageable, but I am dying a crapton. I guess I am credit-feeding! This really does feel like it should be playing 1cc, which I guess arcade mode is for. I'll have to get on that at some point, for 2 at least (don't think I'll aim for that for 1, because the parry system is too good, I don't feel like going through those platforming sections - though enjoyable as I played through the game - 1cc since I enjoy the combat so much more, and 1's bosses are present in 2 anyway).

Sweet! Doesn't seem impossible, either. That just looks just a moderate bullet spread from a shmup, and you can parry half of them anyway.

Haven't played it yet, but if it's harder than VH it's probably too much for me. VH pushed me to my absolute limit. The first two levels weren't too bad but it got brutal from there. I think I took at least 20 minutes on most levels and like 45 on the last.

If Bleed 2 was an arcade game, I definitely would have run out of money. :)

-Gozer-

Haven't played it yet, but if it's harder than VH it's probably too much for me. VH pushed me to my absolute limit. The first two levels weren't too bad but it got brutal from there. I think I took at least 20 minutes on most levels and like 45 on the last.

If Bleed 2 was an arcade game, I definitely would have run out of money. :)

Yeah, I spent a fortune on completing very hard story last night.

Still haven't touched any of the unlockable characters/weapons/skills yet.

Flappe

Neo Member
This game is criminally overlooked. its alot of fun, even though its short. lots of nice bossfights, and the controls are spot on. if you have 7 bucks you dont know what to do with, this game is worth a buy. and even if you complete it there is (as people above me have said) hard and very hard difficulty. i would recommend a controller though =P

anyways, great game which is worth a buy.

Top Bottom