• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BLEED 2 - sequel to underrated triple-dashing platformer/shooter - releasing Feb 8th

I cant believe I didn't know this was being made. Loved the first game

http://www.bootdiskrevolution.com/category/bleed-2/
Bleed 2 picks up about a week after the events of the first game. Wryn has ushered in a new age of heroes, and the ones she defeated are already a distant memory. However, since she defeated the greatest heroes of all time… she’s the only hero the world has left.
The game will feature a more clean, colourful and exaggerated art style, along with smoother animations and particles.
The starting weapon this time is a pistols/katana combo — the initial attack is a katana slash, followed almost immediately by the pistols (it’s a delay of 100 milliseconds, or 6 frames, right now.) You can also select them separately and switch between them if you dislike the combo weapon.
You’ll be able to carry as many weapons as you like at a time, and I’m working to make sure each one is fun, powerful and unique. This may result in a few less weapons overall, but each one will actually be useful and viable in a variety of situations.
Having constant access to the katana allows bullet reflecting to be a core mechanic. Now any purple-coloured attack can be reflected, and not just bullets — enemies’ physical attacks can be parried and turned against them, too.
Expanding on bullet reflecting in this way adds more options to combat, lends a certain rhythm to gameplay, and allows boss fights to be more exciting and varied! I think it’s a big deal.
Finally, Bleed 2 will have about twice as many boss fights as the original. Just sayin’. I also have plans for all kinds of new modes, powerups and other extras, but I’ll keep those vague until I know I actually have time to make them (the core game comes first!)

Unit24

Jan 14, 2014
Holy shit, I can't believe this is happening. I never even considered the idea of there being a sequel.

Teeth

May 7, 2014
Having constant access to the katana allows bullet reflecting to be a core mechanic. Now any purple-coloured attack can be reflected, and not just bullets — enemies’ physical attacks can be parried and turned against them, too.
Interesting.

michalmarek77

Jan 8, 2013
Poland
www.trueachievements.com
Great news!
Bleed is one of the best games in XBLIG library. Sadly that it didn't made out as a "proper" XBLA release. That would be great for this great yet mostly unknown game.
Hopefully B2 will be on Xbone/PS4 this time with achievements/trophies.

MarionCB

Mar 16, 2009
Fantastic news! I really loved Bleed; it's one of the few games to genuinely give me an authentic "Arcade" feeling.

Kalor

Oct 30, 2013
I really enjoyed the first game so I'm looking forward to this. I didn't use most of the guns in the first game since you could only carry two into a level so I'm glad you aren't limited by that now.

Vitacat

Oct 20, 2011
Not a fan of that art style, but those gameplay gifs remind me of Gunstar Heroes, so might be interested.

Funkybee12

Dec 5, 2013
It reminded me a little bit of samurai dishwasher which i loved and had tons of fun with. Had no idea this game existed, not even the 1st one. Thanks OP