• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blind woman told to get off bus ‘because guide dogs can’t be black’

Bullet Club

Blind woman told to get off bus ‘because guide dogs can’t be black’

A blind woman was told to ‘get her f*****g dog off a bus’ by a passenger who didn’t believe guide dogs could be any other colour than ‘yellow’.

Megan Taylor, 22, was on the bus with her guide dog Rowley when the unnamed woman approached her and said: ‘Why is there a f*****g dog on the bus? Get it off.’

But when Megan tried to ‘politely’ explain Rowley was an assistance dog, she claims the woman called her a liar because ‘guide dogs are yellow Labradors and your dog is black’.

QevGQOb.jpg

Megan, from Merseyside said: ‘I tried to explain to her that guide and assistance dogs can been any colour and don’t have to be Labradors, although Rowley is. She told me I was wrong.

‘I decided at this point there was nothing I could say to educate this woman and that it wasn’t worth my time.

‘I instead chose to ignore her while she continued to talk nonsense.’

Megan has suffered from episodic blindness since she suffered a head injury at 15, which also caused a number of other medical problems including hearing loss, impaired balance, frequent fainting attacks and vertigo.

She said the incident on Monday was not the first time she has been abused on public transport and it has left her ‘anxious’ to go on the bus again.

She told the Liverpool Echo: ‘I don’t think I’ve ever had a stress free trip on public transport, that’s why I’m so nervous when using it now.

B7HyEiI.jpg

‘On other occasions I have been spat at, stepped over, pushed out of the way and accused of being “another drunk youth” when losing consciousness due to my heart condition and neurological disorder.’

Rowley helps Megan with many daily tasks including retrieving dropped items, emptying the washing machine and getting undressed.

But more importantly, Rowley can keep Megan calm and can even phone for help if she loses consciousness.

Megan added: ‘I try to stay positive and not let incidents such as what happened get me down because I am not ashamed of my disability.

‘Despite having so many negative experiences, I know that these people are the minority. Most people are good and kind.’

Source: Metro

TKp54Ce.gif

The dog should have cocked it's leg and pissed on the dumb bus bitch.

Part of my job used be helping higher cognitive SPED students to transition into adulthood independence after high school.

One of the main things was travel training.
We spent at least two hours a day RTD’ing around town.

I saw all sorts of stuff like this. Public transit is an interesting arena.

Sounds like this situation didn’t escalate, fortunately

Fbh

The woman that complained sounds like she gets all her knowledge for TV shows.
Probably thinks hacking is like this too:
giphy.gif

manfestival

The woman that complained sounds like she gets all her knowledge for TV shows.
Probably thinks hacking is like this too:
giphy.gif
Looks more like those spam viruses than hacking lol

That is totally stupid but hey people in general tend to be dumb. I took public transport when I was in middle school cause I always got suspended off of the bus for dumb reasons(I was a rowdy child). I had creepy and stupid people talk to me all the time.

cryptoadam

Banned
How can anyone get mad at that cute dog?

This lady, ya how horrible for you a non yellow dog, lets not think about the BLIND WOMEN. Not having the ability to see is nothing compared having to sit next to a black dog on the bus. God damn blind people never thinking of others.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Is she not aware that regular dogs are generally allowed on buses at the driver's discretion anyway? What a thundercunt.

jolof96

This is just up the road from me. Absolute idiot. as AV said normally all dogs are allowed on buses here

Dunki

Absolute terible. Fuck that women. Also II just learned that dogs can use phones. My Mind is blown.

Last edited:

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Megan has suffered from episodic blindness since she suffered a head injury at 15, which also caused a number of other medical problems including hearing loss, impaired balance, frequent fainting attacks and vertigo.

:( dealing with blindness as well as impaired balance, fainting attacks, and vertigo must be terrible.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Read the OP like "This would definitely happen in my area." Then read the actual post and it actually happened in my area, fucking hell... dumb bitch.

Did anyone else stick up for her? That shit wouldn’t stand here in Australia.

Doubt it tbh unless it gets MEGA heated.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
The amount of people that seem to have issues with service dogs is a bit mind boggling.

Sakura

I don’t understand it. There are numerous vids of freakouts over service dogs on YT.
I dunno about those situations or this lady in the OP in particular, but some people are for some reason deathly afraid of dogs, of any size.

DiscoJer

It would make some sense for them to be anything but dark colored, because they would be easier to spot. I had two black labs and I would constantly trip over them at night when they would sleep in a dark hallway

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
It would make some sense for them to be anything but dark colored, because they would be easier to spot. I had two black labs and I would constantly trip over them at night when they would sleep in a dark hallway

Now you know how the blind woman feels.

Orpheum

Poor girl. fuck that woman to eternity and all other passengers (assuming they didn't back her up) should be ashamed of themselves

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Our black cat deliberately walks in front of me when I'm walking the dark hallway. Needless to say, the cat is the most kicked member of the household (though our baby son is kicking us rapidly, so it may have changed by now).

Ovek

7Member7
Was hope that this wasn't in the UK, but wasn't surprised when I found out that it was. It's not as if the bright reflective harness gives away the fact that she is blind, Jesus Christ this kind of shit makes me furious.

Public transportation was a mistake

You're not wrong.

Dontero

Banned
In other words random stupid woman on buss said something mean, they got into argument and then nothing happened.
Why it is a news ? I can find on youtube like 100s of clips of people in metro that straight out beat each other over fucking look on someone face.

Last edited:

iconmaster

Banned
This is really dumb. Its fur is black. Its skin is still as white as any other dog.

Now, obviously a truly black dog would have to be ejected from the bus.

(Don't hurt me)

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Dog's collar tag is greenish/yellow.

''guide dogs are yellow Labradors and your dog is black''.

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

Nah i refuse to believe people are that stupid. Then again... the whole reasoning the lady used was pretty dumb too, so..

#oldfartidontwantoliveonthisplanetanymore

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Blind people with guide dogs need more exposure, most people are seeing such for the first time.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Blind people with guide dogs need more exposure, most people are seeing such for the first time.
You know, maybe WWE should Star it’s first ever blind champion or Dice have blind soldiers with racist guide dogs happy weekend everyone get this girl a “I’m blind and this is my guide dog” shirt.

Top Bottom