• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blizzard changes after Diablo II Resurrected technical alpha

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo2/23695734/technical-alpha-learnings
...much more at link with images etc

VFX UPDATES

The Sorceress may use Lightning, a powerful skill which shoots a bolt of electricity from the Sorceress’ fingertips. Based on community feedback, the Lightning VFX has been enhanced with a whiter and thicker visualization that is more reminiscent to the original VFX. The Sorceress may summon an ice storm to rain cold death onto her enemies. Like Lightning, the VFX for this spell has also been adjusted to better capture the destructive force of the original.

U0KD62TQ313G1625775069834.gif

Holy Freeze
Using this aura, the Paladin can constantly slow and freeze enemies in near proximity. The VFX for this AoE aura has been updated to better represent the distinct wispiness and colors from the original game.

Item Colors
The color of scroll, gem, and potion icons has been amplified to bring out the more brilliant colors, bring more attention to the focus point(s), and add clarity to the image. Weapons, armor, quest items, and charm icons have also been given the same touch-ups and treatments. Shown below are examples of that evolution.

Saber

Gold Member
Good for them to at least haerd the feedback. The last animation of blizzard looks very lamish.

Tg89

Game can't come soon enough. Can't believe the remake of the GGOAT is coming out on my birthday. Gonna sink so many hours into this.

Shame that it's probably the last good game Blizzard makes.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Every single Icon looks better in DII even low poly. Sad.

And I really hope they will have a opacity slider for the HUD elements (OLED Console gaming must have).

Last edited:

Blond

Banned
I hope with all the silence they’ve had around Necromancer means late game buffs. because he’s really great until then and after D3 making him a powerhouse from level 1 and a monster after 20 I want that back.

Last edited:

Blond

Banned
"We have found that there is garlic on one of the shots, but it's too pixelated to see, so now we render it in full detail. We have so much source material to bring every detail to life"

Timestamped (4:31):

The Amazon will look like a dude, though. This is the 2020's we can't have feminine traits anymore, that's transphobic.

You’re an idiot. This was posted by a dev after the face controversy during that public test, we haven’t even seen an updated model yet.
AOyY6Gy.jpg

Faithless83

Banned
You’re an idiot. This was posted by a dev after the face controversy during that public test, we haven’t even seen an updated model yet.
AOyY6Gy.jpg

Allow me to fix your post for you:
They're idiots, since they are so concerned about 3 pixel garlic, why the hell did they need to push an agenda on the female characters?

The video I posted is really interesting and a must watch if you can. They go about how much they used the source material, sometimes even reusing the same textures.

There was no reason to change the amazon face, if they are so adamant to respect the source material.

People are just calling out the bullshit when they see it... because they're not idiots.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Played D2 and D3 a lot. Cnt wait to see how the D2 remake turns out. D3 is a good game. Just way too colourful and too many repetitive orange drops.

I played Amazon back then and spammed Valkyrie as a tank to absorb damage. I'll try a different character this time.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Most anticipated game of the year and the only one I've preordered. Hope we get an announcement for beta/release soon.

killatopak

4 stash is nice but I was really hoping for some unlockable infinite stash or something for my self find holy grail. 4 pages of stash is fine on Bnet since you can just trade the goods for what you need but there’s no such thing on SP.

Just maybe impose that restriction on Bnet and let single player people have their own fun?

Last edited:

Paltheos

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY

NOT ONE SHARED STASH TAB
NOT TWO SHARED STASH TABS

BUT THREE (3!!!) SHARED STASH TABS!!!!!

How do Blizzard not get this? I don't even play these games much and this seems obvious. Fuck, Grimdawn's been doing bigger stashes for years. I was shocked when I played Diablo 3 after it and saw how kneecapped the stashes were and couldn't believe Blizzard wasn't taking cues from their competitors.

Top Bottom