• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blizzard changing the spit emote from World of Warcraft (can no longer /spit on players, just the ground)

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
mod edit: the emote is still there. It has been changed to no longer allow /spit <player>, just /spit which defaults to the ground - as detailed from these posts in the OPS link

I thought this was just a wonderful symbol of how fucked up Blizzard currently is. To spare precious feelings of players, they have removed the /spit emote from Wow on the public test realm. Absolutely no one asked for this by the way. :rolleyes:
You can kill each other, but the line gets drawn at a rude emote..

Last edited by a moderator:
tenor.gif

CGiRanger

Banned
Really shows how the woke idiots in the company have no fucking clue. The disconnect between them and their own players has been apparent for years now. They keep on doing things like this and watch as their userbase shrinks more and more.

After actually clicking on the link, it's only on TBC Classic right now and you can still spit, just not on other actual players. I don't care either way because I'm done playing WoW.

Skifi28

I imagine PvP these days must be a hugging contest between Alliance and Horde, assuming there's still two factions.

Edit: Or assuming there's still PvP, doesn't sound like much of a safe space now, does it?

Last edited:

Deanington

This stupid shit's not gonna improve their image lol

Exactly, anybody outside of WOW doesnt even know about this emote/dont give a fuck. I would assume the majority of WOW players dont give a fuck about the emote either way. Everything that people are saying, hearing etc about this company a /spit emote is the last thing they should be worried about. Outside of all that even, fix the other shit players are complaining about that will have a more meaningful impact on the game.

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
Exactly, anybody outside of WOW doesnt even know about this emote/dont give a fuck. I would assume the majority of WOW players dont give a fuck about the emote either way. Everything that people are saying, hearing etc about this company a /spit emote is the last thing they should be worried about. Outside of all that even, fix the other shit players are complaining about that will have a more meaningful impact on the game.

I doubt this has anything to do with the lawsuit really. This is probably just the result of one blue haired cunt at Blizzard convincing a few other blue haired cunts and male feminists that the emote is problematic. And 99% of the actual players reply in disgust about this change. It's just ridiculous.

Fbh

It's already mostly there. I can barely stomach most modern entertainment. The writing, acting, humor (especially comedy) is all so watered down and unimaginative.

Just give it time.
Eventually they'll go after guns and swords because they might be distressing to people who have been affected by violence, killing humans or humanoid characters also won't be ok because of similar reasons. Then monsters and beasts might not be ok because it sort of ties to animal cruelty. Eventually we'll really have to go after any sort of conflict in games because that sort of thing is rather distressing and can trigger anxiety in some people.

But hey, I'm sure we'll have plenty of walking simulators focusing exclusively on positive stories, games like Animal Crossing, platformers with no enemies, spikes, lava pits or other harmful elements and maybe some kart racers where the focus is on watching the nice scenery together and everyone always places 1st.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Hahah i remember pissing of a huge group of fucking ally cucks.

and all of em using the spit emote..

Bitches..

50 cent laughing GIF

Tommi84

Jesus Christ, these people can't walk three steps down the street without crying that someone has been mean to them.
Yeah, it's PATHETIC. It's as if we don't have bigger problems than someone using a silly, stupid emote.

What else Blizzard? You're going to remove pvp to avoid people feeling hurt for being killed :D

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I got spit at a lot begging in Goldshire. Occasionally a dandy would slap me in the face.

HoodWinked

ya i remember you'd release spirit before they could /spit because that would force you to be deselected.

so it would say "player spit on the ground".

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
It's because people keep /spitting on the nubs that are dumb enough to buy the Store Mounts lol

Can't be shaming those whales man. Blizzard needs all the money it can get while it can.

Last edited:
Top Bottom