• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blizzard hiring for Classic Games (SC, D2, War 3) to "restore them to glory"

Cels

So if you like wearing many hats, know small teams are the most effective, and look forward to challenges

lol this job description, it sounds so exploitative. "You will be undermanned and overworked because we don't want to spend too much money on this, and we know we can get away with it because so many people want to make videogames"

frontovik

Banned
Sounds interesting, I'd be interested in seeing Orcs and Humans and WaCraft II remade as well; they should work on a dedicated WoW vanilla server while they're at it.

Blizz response to this news:

“We need engineers to help maintain our legacy games. We have a history of maintaining our games for many years. Our earlier games are still played and enjoyed today, so we want to continue to maintain them for those communities.”

RIP :(

That's good news to me. The games are all perfectly playable and look fine, it would be a waste of resources. They do need to put WC 1 & 2 along with Diablo 1 for digital since those are the only games missing in the blizzard store.

Steel

Banned
That's good news to me. The games are all perfectly playable and look fine, it would be a waste of resources. They do need to put WC 1 & 2 along with Diablo 1 for digital since those are the only games missing in the blizzard store.

Warcraft 3 could use a remaster just to jumpstart the online population, though. Nothing out today scratches that custom game itch.

XUyenAD.png

I got into the beta guys!

just kidding it's just diablo multires :p

can never get perspective graphics to work with this without artifacts at 1080p but oh well

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i've wanted to play diablo 2 but haven't got around to it because i'm worried it's too dated which i guess is backed up by blizzard wanting to "restore them to glory". i'll wait until they release the new version and give it a go.

Inviusx

What excites me about this is Blizzards tendency to over deliver. It sounds like a simple remaster but im sure they will take it the extra mile.

Top Bottom