• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blizzard says it has "a lot of new ideas" for Overwatch.

betrayal

Banned
I would be happy if after 3 years they're finally able to provide useful ingame statistics or anything like that. For a game which trys to be one of the best in eSports it fails miserably in that regard. Furthermore some kind of team stats at the end of the match would be nice. I understand that OV wants to give the players the feeling that you are always awesome, no matter how bad you are (i.e. no loss records for anythings besides ranked, medal system, calling card system, ...), but in the end i think it ultimately hurts the progress of the most players, because they don't realize, when they are bad and where they could and should improve.

Harlock

While they have a lot of ideas, Fortnite team just make the BR mode in months. Blizzard feels like a Soviet Union state company.

DonF

Too little too late. I loved overwatch, but season after season my enthusiasm faded. The fresh game that existed after the no duplicate heroes became a stale frustrating mess. I just get frustrated every time I played. Fuckers throwing, quitters, egregious smurfing... I hate it.
All the focus that went into balancing the game its just dumb, they should focus on the social aspect. Its people that started ruining the game, not the heroes or the balance. I still report a lot of players and get a couple of "we took action upon your report" but its just not enough. I played both on pc and ps4, and ps4 is a cesspool, given that anyone can have multiple accounts. Pc isn't that good either, with all the discounts the game is getting.
Imagine it going F2P its going to be its doom.

I remember when CTF was a popular idea with a variety of balancing and gameplay suggestions coming from the community, and they sure gave it the old college try by assigning one intern to create the mode in 5 hours, throwing it in as some party mode BS and announcing "this is the best we can do". Post-launch content has been the epitome of minimum effort. The game came out almost 3 years ago and its still the same king of the hill clusterfuck every time. Its a little late to consult the old idea bank at this point.

Javthusiast

Banned
You know, a BR mode with those characters, abilities if balanced well, a nice big map and overall overwatch polish on top would be actually cool.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Hmmm...I mean they've supported the game well enough it seems. Sounds like they are going back to the well one too many times. Could really do with a new IP. Make a WOW sequel. I know it's a tall order but we can dream right? Although doing this under Activision might be bad.

God Enel

Stopped playing after the big change to mercy. Before, they changed roadhog who was my favorite. And the changes to symmetry were annoying too.

this game and probably franchise is a dumpster fire now

back when it released I thought I'd be playing it until I was dead, honestly. But here we are and I haven't launched the game in probably a year or so, why? Blizzard ruined their own game, they took the heroe's I loved and butchered them with "balance" changes, completely erasing elements of characters kits that made them so fun, making cringey af short movies, and turning half the cast into LGBTQ. What a disaster, what a damn embarassment. When I think of Overwatch now all I think of is complete cringe at everything Blizzard did to their game.

Holgren

I played a lot of it in the past but honestly what made me turn away and stops me from replaying it is the incredibly toxic community and ranked system. It was disheartening having multiple games with a person who did nothing and refused to change heroes, as well as people insulting and denigrating right from the bat. Every time I decided to play OW, I left angry or frustrated because of the toxic interactions I've had in it (one of the worst I've had online). As time went by it became more usual too. What's fun about that?

OW was killed more by the community rather than the balances Blizzard did IMO, even though I hate characters like Brigitte.

Last edited:

Wings 嫩翼翻せ

so it's not nice
Sounds like it might be a Haïtian guy. Weirdest thing ever potentially having someone of your ethnicity being in a popular franchise... never happens.

Belmonte

One thing would be cool to see in OW is alternative weapons for the characters. Hard to balance and there is a danger to make the characters more generic, since their weapons are a part of their personality but I wish they try.

Top Bottom