• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blizzard shares info about Overwatch updates, heroes, ranked, server tick rate, more

McCree's Fan The Hammer damage is getting nerfed so that it doesn't kill tanks, definitely kills lightweight heroes, and maybe kills medium health heroes.

Good it is absolutely absurd he can kill a tank with one button.

Shifty

I'm interested to see how the D.va buff pans out, both options sound pretty appealing but I'm leaning more toward tweaking the damage drop-off than adding survivability.

pizzacat

Banned
D.Va is either going to get a damage buff (mostly in terms of lowering the rate at which damage drops off over distance) or survivability buff, but not both. They're testing both options currently.

DVARITO BOYZZZZZZZZ

tumblr_inline_o8a84dfNeY1qcwgrq_540.png

Looking forward to McCree nerf

He'll still wreck any non Tank class with his combo, and by the looks of it if you're good with him, he'll still hurt tanks badly.

The goal there is to make it so that McCree can still use his combo that we love, which is the flashbang and fan the hammer on somebody like Tracer. McCree should absolutely kill that Tracer. We want McCree to be a counter to people like Tracer, Genji and Reaper. What we're not crazy about, right now, is the way in which McCree can absolutely shred tanks. It's a little too easy, so we want to bring the fan the hammer damage down, so he's still killing the squishies and the medium strength heroes, but he's less effective against the tanks. If he times everything perfectly and gets every single shot off, he's got a shot against a tank, but it's not the instant 'I win' button that it is right now.

All of this sounds incredible. Blizzard are off to a great start with this game. Send some people down to Psyonix for a week and learn how they do stuff.

Moonlight

Banned
I'll be fine with however they handle D.Va. With that and how they're looking at adjusting McCree, it sounds like Blizzard gets it at least.

Now to fix Widow's absurd charge times on her gun!

jony_m

No problems with the proposed tank only McCree nerf. I use enemy tanks as bullet sponges (specially Roadhog) to fill up that noon.

NotLiquid

• D.Va is either going to get a damage buff (mostly in terms of lowering the rate at which damage drops off over distance) or survivability buff, but not both. They're testing both options currently. This will be later than the McCree nerf, which sounds like it's soon.

I guess they couldn't Nerf This after all

Blizzard keeping us in the loop. Also ranked coming in June? Fantastic. From prelaunch, launch to post launch, OW is the complete flipside of SFV. OW is the most polished game of this generation.

They need to nerf the aim assist for hanzo and widowmaker, people ain't that accurate.

The skill ceiling to counter stacked Bastions should be kept low. If people struggle with snipers the answer is to learn the sightlines of the map or to pick a hero that can LOS her or jump in her face and kill her.

Maybe it has been said but in ranked, can players of the same team pick the same hero ? Because attacking with 3 turrets in front of you is definitely no fun :/

rrs

I think fan the hammer needs a cool down more than a damage nerf, it seems to be a last resort/close range thing not lol I win

Mr.Mike

How many heroes do people think should be added?

My concern I suppose is that the more heroes they add the harder it'll be for new people to get into the game, and I can imagine there'd be quite a few eventually as I expect this game to be around a while.

notworksafe

Maybe it has been said but in ranked, can players of the same team pick the same hero ? Because attacking with 3 turrets in front of you is definitely no fun :/

In the old Ranked you could, they haven't said anything about it for the new Ranked yet.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Play D.Va? Ever?
Yes, usually with 2-4 gold medals.

If you're having trouble, try not going with the most obvious possible angles when sniper hunting.

You can launch straight over the archways in Anubis or the core shelter in Volskaya for example. Same for King's Row.

Trace

Banned
So Mccree can still do the stun fan roll fan combo?

Of course, they're trying to bring him in line with the rest not remove him from the game.

I think fan the hammer needs a cool down more than a damage nerf, it seems to be a last resort/close range thing not lol I win

You would be wrong and I'm happy you don't make balancing decisions.

mreddie

Blizzard keeping us in the loop. Also ranked coming in June? Fantastic. From prelaunch, launch to post launch, OW is the complete flipside of SFV. OW is the most polished game of this generation.

Sad too because Blizzard is known to be upfront with players about updates while Capcom kept a upcoming character from everyone only to delay it.

The skill ceiling to counter stacked Bastions should be kept low. If people struggle with snipers the answer is to learn the sightlines of the map or to pick a hero that can LOS her or jump in her face and kill her.
The problem isn't that, it's the fact that you can be moving and they clip you because of aim assist and get the kill.

Dreavus

Super interested in the confirmed new hero if it is indeed support like the speculation suggests.

There's already a dedicated healer in mercy, two passive-ish healers in Lucio and Zenyatta (-ish for Zen's orb). Unless they start overlapping abilities I am struggling to think in what other forms healing could take. Maybe some kind of life steal ability could be useful.

People are saying she's a sniper type character so maybe some form of direct long range healing. Technically Zenyatta can already do that to a degree, however.

Overall I've been pretty happy with the discussion coming from the devs for Overwatch. Jeff Kaplan gives some reasonable answers here instead of the standard PR dodge roll.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
If you're having issues with Widowmaker, just fly up to her face with D.Va and she'll melt in seconds.

Winston + Widowmaker = squished spider. Even better is if she sees him leaping toward her, all she can do is run because of his leap speed.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
damn, i'm gonna be playing this game for a long time aren't i?

good on blizz for being so open about their plans - really keeps the hype flow moving

B.O.O.M

As a Torb player what they need to look into nerfing is the range of those turrets. It's too accurate, quick and can hit targets really far away.
Looking forward to the new characters

blakep267

As a Torb player what they need to look into nerfing is the range of those turrets. It's too accurate, quick and can hit targets really far away.
Looking forward to the new characters
Yup. Those turrets are like snipers. You peek out for a second and your done

Mr.Mike

Sombra steals people's health and can leave blood packets around for her teammates, similar to how Torb leaves armour around for his team.

Usoto215

Neo Member
High noons not that bad, just be a coward and play defensive for a few seconds. I think the D.Va buff should take precedence but the devs know best. Love the game, can't put it down.

Top Bottom