• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blizzard Trademarks The Dark Below [Hoax, anyone can register trademarks as Blizzard]

Cptkrush

They won't do a whole graphic overhaul after having just redone most of the overworld one expansion ago... but it is far past time to redo the original character models and textures.

Yeah, that's what I'm getting at. Guess I could have worded that better.

My speculation:

Ok a addon where the Burning Legion strikes back. The new class is The Demon Hunter. Hero Level raised to 95. And the pre addon event has something to do with some rogue warlocks that open some gate.

idlewild_

Come on South Seas + Emerald Dream + Ny'alotha/Nazjatar expansion.

edit: blah, that wowpedia link talks about demons and stuff. was hoping to get closure on n'zoth and azshara prior to going after burning legion again.

Sothpaw

It's pretty crazy how two years ago Blizz walked on water as far as I was concerned. Now I have zero interest in any of their games.

Man D3 is just so bad.

FLEABttn

Banned
Would rather not have a new class, Blizz has enough trouble with the ones they already have.

Bring back 5 mans and sane 5 man progression. MoP was a middle finger for meaningful small group content.

Garryk

Come on South Seas + Emerald Dream + Ny'alotha/Nazjatar expansion.

edit: blah, that wowpedia link talks about demons and stuff. was hoping to get closure on n'zoth and azshara prior to going after burning legion again.
It's all connected so they could very well be part of the content. WoW lore is basically Six Degrees of Burning Legion.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Why would Emerald Dream be involved? That arc was settled already...in a book. lol This is so Old God/Azshara related it hurts. About time too. =P

idlewild_

Why would Emerald Dream be involved? That arc was settled already...in a book. lol

Not really, they made it retreat but said that they could not get rid of it and that they would have to deal with it again later. Plus it is hinted that N'Zoth is the one responsible for the Nightmare and also for turning Azshara and co. into nagas.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
It's pretty crazy how two years ago Blizz walked on water as far as I was concerned. Now I have zero interest in any of their games.

Man D3 is just so bad.
Yeah :|

I bet this will only have 2 races redone when released. Talk about dat carrot on a stick!

Vestal

Gold Member
Reset the fucking talent trees to pre MOP era and you may have my attention. As it stands now the game is no where near what made wow great.

Talent trees and stats were complicated back in the golden age of wow, wtf happened.(compared to now)

Burt

Capybara makes appointment with Saul Goodman to explore legal options.
tumblr_mgmrvgHach1r5cmwmo1_400.gif

saul-4.gif

I just couldn't decide. Forgive me.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
N'zoth/Azshara expansion most likely.

Ozumat's title is <Fiend of the Dark Below>
http://www.wowwiki.com/Ozumat

"we didn't think Abyssal Maw was good enough for a raid...

...IT IS GOOD ENOUGH FOR AN EXPANSION!"

Reset the fucking talent trees to pre MOP era and you may have my attention. As it stands now the game is no where near what made wow great.

Talent trees and stats were complicated back in the golden age of wow, wtf happened.(compared to now)

you obviously don't get why the talent trees are the way they are, so there's no point in trying to convince you that what you said would be an absolutely worthless idea.

Why would Emerald Dream be involved? That arc was settled already...in a book.

Blizzard were terrible people for doing this. Both for scrapping the raid instance and because they keep shitting out terrible lore into books instead of the giant fucking world they created to play the lore out in.

I swear to god it's the worst kind of DLC in the universe.

davepoobond

Blizzard were terrible people for doing this. Both for scrapping the raid instance and because they keep shitting out terrible lore into books instead of the giant fucking world they created to play the lore out in.

there's always time travel

Kintaro

You would be surprised what major arcs and storylines were made into books for Warcraft. =/

Emerald Dream would be rather boring though wouldn't it? It's basically the exact same place but...dreamier and greener (IIRC).

This could not be further from the truth. Talent trees weren't complicated - everyone used the same cookie cutter spec. There's actual choice now and you'll use different talents for different situations (in both PvE and PvP) because you can respec on the fly. And that's significantly more engaging.

What happened was that there was one optimal cookie cutter build with 0-5 "do whatever you want with them" points. The new talent trees roll all of the cookie cutter stuff into the spec so that John Q Moron can't do stupid things and gimp their group under the guise of playing the game "how I want to play it".

tl;dr: no more shockadins lol

idlewild_

I kind of like this way better from what I saw at launch of MoP, back then there was really only one build that was optimal whereas now you can potentially switch around some stuff on a fight by fight basis. I think they would be better off not including core dps abilities in the tree at all though, those are just going to get mathed out :-/

there's always time travel

Dawn of Aspects spoiler:
The Nightmare is still present in the Rift of Aln, it is starting to stir again and looking for a new Nightmare Lord.

Vestal

Gold Member
you obviously don't get why the talent trees are the way they are, so there's no point in trying to convince you that what you said would be an absolutely worthless idea.

bloat? Balance? "useless talents"? All of those are excuses. the min/max crowd?

the current talent trees if we can even call them that are terrible, the same way how they have reworked mana regeneration and mana pools.

Regiruler

Reading back through the thread, I didn't know that the Sha were caused by a defeated old god. What patch/questline was this revealed in?
I stopped playing WoW a while back although I like somewhat keeping along with the story.

But it is so much better now. That would be a huge step backwards. All they did was give characters the skills they had to take in the old talent trees anyway. They also trimmed downed the amount of buttons needed on screen significantly by combining group/individual buffs and other fairly obvious overlaps. It tightened up a system that had gotten pretty sloppy and overcrowded over the years.

I thought I would detest the new system, but after scrutinizing it in-game for a day or two on the class I have put so much time into playing, there was literally no noticeable difference between the trees and the new method. I actually was able to get some weird combinations on my feral druid that I never would've dreamed about prior to the overhaul.

I never hear people that actually play the game wish for the old system back.

davepoobond

tl;dr: no more shockadins lol

the only way i would support a talent point system is if they dumped everything into the same pot and let you "customize" your spec.

that would obviously mean no more individual specs and balancing would be a mess, probably.

i'd probably just be the stupidest hunter spec anyone could be and use serpent sting as my main shot.

bloat? Balance? "useless talents"? All of those are excuses. the min/max crowd?

the current talent trees if we can even call them that are terrible, the same way how they have reworked mana regeneration and mana pools.

as a Paladin i always wanted to use Reckoning, but it was never a viable talent because there was always something more important in the same tier or higher.

everyone who was serious about playing the game played the same spec. PERIOD. the Cata system was a stop-gap to what they originally should have done in MoP. There is no point in clicking 30-60 times to get the same shit that Blizzard intended you on getting. They are the ones designing the specs and the game, not us.

the original talent points don't work anymore the way they are designed in current gaming. why are they are going to implement a useless feature that ultimately everyone will end up being the same after clicking 60 times?

i much rather enjoy the current talent specs, and they actually make a difference. There are still problems with choosing some that may not be "as good" as the others, but isn't that what you wanted? a bad choice and a good choice?

Kintaro

BURNING LEGION RETURNS

I hope

Could be. Wrathion has been harping on the Legion's return for two damn expansions now. Bringing Azshara into the fray is perfect for to bring them back. She brought them there to begin with, she has got to be some kind of crazy with both an old god and Sargaras whispering in her head.

Plus, Nagas are fun to kill. =D

idlewild_

Reading back through the thread, I didn't know that the Sha were caused by a defeated old god. What patch/questline was this revealed in?

If you do the stuff for the lorewalkers you learn about it. It's probably also referenced during the klaxxi storyline.

It's all connected so they could very well be part of the content. WoW lore is basically Six Degrees of Burning Legion.

That's true, I don't think they'd fully bring the burning legion into it until the very end as a segue into the following expansion though. There's more than enough content with Azshara/N'Zoth to command an entire expansion. But who knows, looking at the heirloom weapons from Garrosh it seems that the next expansion will be 10 levels instead of 5, so maybe they will release a huge expansion.

strafer

Well, that Wowpedia link might not be related at all since the RPG's are non canon.

Q: Are the Warcraft and World of Warcraft RPG books considered canon?

A: No. The RPG books were created to provide an engaging table-top role-playing experience, which sometimes required diverging from the established video game canon. Blizzard helped generate a great deal of the content within the RPG books, so there will be times when ideas from the RPG will make their way into the game and official lore, but you are much better off considering the RPG books non-canonical unless otherwise stated.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2283549208

davepoobond

Well, that Wowpedia link might not be related at all since the RPG's are non canon.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2283549208

it doesn't mean anything if they are non-canon. they just aren't recognized as "canon" until it is integrated into the main lore. the concepts are still things they base the actual lore on and they clarify/expand upon lots of things, or change them completely.

the essential concept is pretty much always the same though. but they retcon tons of shit that is actually canon anyway. the wow rpg stuff just doesn't "exist" until it does.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
I'm conflicted, in one hand, if it is a N'zoth/Azshara expansion its more than likely that underwater zones will be a major feature this time (maybe the whole expansion is underwater who knows), i really disliked Vash'jir, the concept was good but it transformed in a pretty boring zone.

On the other hand i'm a sucker for Old God's lore, and N'zoth looks like is the most badass OD of them all.

I would rather have new character models for old races and a new hero class than a new playable race. As nice as something like Naga or Ogres would be.

JCizzle

I would rather have new character models for old races and a new hero class than a new playable race. As nice as something like Naga or Ogres would be.

I have no doubt that new models will be a big selling point of the new expansion. Or maybe the expansion after that knowing Blizzard lol

Makes way more sense for WoW considering the fact that there are old gods chained beneath Azeroth.

I want.

Top Bottom