• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blizzard Wants to Continue Supporting the Switch, “Super Happy” With Diablo 3

Mista

Banned
Diablo-3-Eternal-Collection-1024x576.jpg

Recently we saw the release of Diablo 3: Eternal Collection on the Nintendo Switch- and as it turns out, that did very well for itself.

So well, in fact, that Blizzard is very much open to future collaborations with Nintendo as well, and is supposedly actively thinking about bringing new games to the platform. “It’s not ridiculous,” Blizzard president J. Allen Brack told GamesBeat when asked about the possibility of more Blizzard games released on the Switch. “We’d like to have — we think of it as another platform. It has some unique properties that the Xbox and Sony platforms don’t have. Thinking about what games make sense for that type of console is something we’ll never stop doing.”

Brack then went on to talk about the performance of Diablo 3, which Blizzard is “super happy” with, and how Blizzard, owing to their love for the Switch itself, for Nintendo, and for their IP, are pretty big fans of Nintendo themselves.

“We’re super-happy,” he said. “Nintendo’s been a great partner. We’re a fan of that platform, a fan of Nintendo, a fan of the Nintendo IP, a fan of the Switch. It’s a really good platform and it’s really fun to play on. Different games have come about that are good experiences. Part of it is Nintendo love, plus thinking that the Diablo experience would be great on that platform. I’m glad you enjoyed it. I loved it.”

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I might pick up Heartstone again if they put it in the Switch. It’s been a few years since I played. It kills my phone battery too quick.

That’s assuming they could make it work with my existing account.

Last edited:

LOLCats

Banned
For being such money grubbers, you'd think theyd release some basic d3 expansions, i know id fucking buy them.

For being such money grubbers, you'd think theyd release some basic d3 expansions, i know id fucking buy them.

There was a second D3 expansion it got cancelled and the finished content was the necromancer pack plus the free levels they added on later in updates. It's also speculated that the amazon was going to be part of that pack too because they released an amazon character for Heroes of the Storm around the time that stuff was coming out. Releasing Cassia on Heroes was supposed to synergize with the release of the second expansion.

LOLCats

Banned
There was a second D3 expansion it got cancelled and the finished content was the necromancer pack plus the free levels they added on later in updates. It's also speculated that the amazon was going to be part of that pack too because they released an amazon character for Heroes of the Storm around the time that stuff was coming out. Releasing Cassia on Heroes was supposed to synergize with the release of the second expansion.

Ya doesn't make sense honestly. The numbers of d3 copies sold, seems like they could have made a lot of money with a proper couple of paid expansions. Id really be interested in knowing the necromancer pack attach rate.

Last edited:

LOLCats

Banned
Yes! I've leaderboard'd on PC, and I own it on Xbox.

I actually dragged a bunch of GAFers. Sure you can dig it up, :messenger_beaming:

But c'mon. Poop Diablo?

Yes i own and have put many hundreds of hours in ps4, PC and xb1. Meaning i couldn't see myself buying a 4th copy for the switch especially without new content. I doubt im the market segment they targeted with the switch release though.

Last edited:

Ryu Kaiba

Pentadipped here.. this game is the best game of all time
Not trying to be a negative Nancy or a hater but whenever I look at a Diablo game I can't for the life of me figure out what the big deal is. It looks like a less interesting version of guantlet legends.
Lots of running down dungeon corriders and mashing buttons on enemies. I wonder what it is I may be missing?

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i bought D3 for Switch and it's a perfect fit. i ended up selling it though because well it's been 7 years since it came out and i'm pretty much done with it. if the switch existed in 2012-2014 then i'd have played the shit out of it way more than i did on PC/ps4. if you've never played it then I'd argue it's the best console to play it on! Diablo 3 is perfect for short bursts to do some bounties or grifts.

if they release an Overwatch version i probably wouldn't buy it. 1. the switch wifi chip is ass 2. the controls are not great for fast paced shooters. the only way i'd play it would be docked, through ethernet, with a pro controller and at that point i might as well just play it on my PS4.

Last edited:

Meesh

So I'm working nightshift, pretty tired and my comprehension is low... I legit thought this was a cross over of 2 games. "Super Happy" X Diablo.
....whatever super happy is I'm sure it'd make for an unusual twist to the Diabloverse.

Top Bottom