• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blizzard working on unannounced Overwatch game

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
To note, they're hiring interns for this, so I'm guessing it's probably mobile, but you never know.

GENERALIST ARTIST INTERN
Incubation • Irvine

QUEST OBJECTIVES

An unannounced project at Blizzard is seeking an intern to help create a wide range of assets to help bring our game to life. You will work closely with our concept, environment and character teams to create hard surface and organic props, weapons and possibly characters that are both detail-oriented and consistent with the art style we've defined.

RECOMMENDED TALENTS

Previously work on game projects as a prop artist or an equivalent type role.
Knowledge and understanding of the Overwatch universe.
Source: https://careers.blizzard.com/en-us/openings/o1x75fwu

Neptonic

Kind of a spinoff of my own thread, but I don't see how companies like Blizzard can justify making single player games anymore.

I guess if they have infinite money like Blizzard now they technically could, but shareholders would never support it

NoKisum

This is like.... The exact opposite of Overwatch and the biggest fever dream. Setting the bar a bit too high there lmao.

I can settle for a character action or linear cover shooter game then.

The setting and characters of Overwatch seem fascinating, but I just can't get into FPS
(yeah I know, it's a terrible view on gaming, heard it a thousand times already)
. I played in the last two Free Weekends (or was it three?), but I couldn't click with this "greatest game ever made".

Leezard

It will just be to final the conversion between Heroes of the Storm and Heroes of the Overwatch, as they start to add the rest of the Overwatch crew.

I can settle for a character action or linear cover shooter game then.

The setting and characters of Overwatch seem fascinating, but I just can't get into FPS
(yeah I know, it's a terrible view on gaming, heard it a thousand times already)
. I played in the last two Free Weekends (or was it three?), but I couldn't click with this "greatest game ever made".
I think expecting anything third person is silly and no one in the history of overwatch has ever said that it’s the greatest game ever.
You’re aren’t getting a character action from blizzard lol

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Wasn't there a report that said Destiny and Overwatch would rotate every year or i'm miss remembering?
Nah, Overwatch's primary game will be one game for 5-10+ years, and Destiny will get annual expansions until Destiny 3 is out.

You might be thinking of Battlefield and Battlefront.

Top Bottom