• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blizzards censors paintings in World of Warcraft (ingame since Vanilla)

Lupingosei

Banned

1033838.jpg

1033839.jpg

I can't anymore. This is just too much.

The best part, the 2nd painting is an homage to several classic paintings in the same style, but Blizzard is overcompensating just as expected.

GametimeUK

The female form is being erased from games, but I have to be made to feel insecure due to the unrealistic beauty standards set by Kratos with his bulging biceps and incredible abs. Double standards.

I'm pretty sure they do this intentionally at this point for the publicity. They never change everything at once, it's always incremental so they they can have headlines throughout the year. They love the backlash from certain fans and the headlines it brings. The cherry on top is being able to call everyone who has no issue with the human body or just want the game to remain the same "evil" and perverted". They have the magical "progressive" bulletproof vest they can use to deflect and shut down any criticism.

Last edited:

Alebrije

They want to update the game but should care more about update themselves...

Also lot of woman paints on museums more explicit than those images

Last edited:

CGiRanger

Banned
And Blizzard will continue to be shit at listening to their actual paying customers, and continue to go all in on "woke equity" bullshit thinking that'll absolve them of their sexual harassment issues (it wont).

Though you can bet this is due to input from their "Diversity Equity and Inclusion" team.

Last edited:
Pre-order Project EVE everyone. Do something positive instead of just watching everything get worse.

NieR Automata selling just 2 million turned Yoko Taro from a failure into one of the most profitable directors at SQEX, with greenlights for multiple projects. There are basically no Korean AAA console games, so Project Eve selling 1-2 million will mean more games like that.

Bkdk

While China's government is banning game industry to produce certain content, the western devs censor content themselves, I wonder if blizzard game devs all have daughters that rely on onlyfans to earn their income.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
If nobody's been following, they've been at this for weeks now following the lawsuit stuff. Some of the recent achievement renames:

“My Sack is Gigantique” has been renamed to “My Storage is Gigantique”.
“Bros. Before Ho Ho Ho’s” has been renamed to “Holiday Bromance”.

Yeah. Doesn't stop there, they also recently replaced "blacklisted" with "blocklisted" in some of their code, although that's been going on across tech since BLM was flavour of the month.

Last edited:

1033838.jpg

1033839.jpg

I can't anymore. This is just too much.

The best part, the 2nd painting is an homage to several classic paintings in the same style, but Blizzard is overcompensating just as expected.

They actually believe this is going to help them? I regret all my time in Overwatch, and am fully glad I never touched their other games on console and pc. I played some Diablo games as well, but that was a long time ago. Overwatch was an exercise in stress even before all this stuff going on now.

I just posted the thread about Sir Clive Sinclair dying.

It made me a bit sad...but fucking hell, I realised how privileged I was to grow up in the 80's. There's nothing sad about that. What a grotesque, pathetic time we live in. :( JK was right, these people literally do want to cancel women from existance.

Last edited:
Top Bottom