• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blizzard's Next MMO (Titan) Will Feature In-Game Advertising/Product Placement

O.k., so I've been thinking this over for about 30 seconds. Their next MMO will not be F2P because they're Blizzard, and Blizzard can get away with the 15 buck a month fee for as long as they want. The only reasonable explanation is that this is a contemporary setting where they want the world to feel as real as possible by including well known images and branding as a means of art instead of advertisement. This would explain the "enhancing the gameplay experience" line
Yup, this is exactly what I was thinking. Just hope its not in the present... the further in the future the game is placed, the better.

Hari Seldon

I hope by "new" IP they mean a licensed IP, I don't want some shit in-house blizzard story. If some shitty no-name company can license Game of Thrones, surely blizzard can do better than their fan-fic in house writers.

I hope by "new" IP they mean a licensed IP, I don't want some shit in-house blizzard story. If some shitty no-name company can license Game of Thrones, surely blizzard can do better than their fan-fic in house writers.

Blizzard doesn't need to license an IP. And when they say new IP it's going to be an in-house one. There would be no reason to call it new if it was licensed anyways.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I hope it's not f2p.

That to me means.... lack of content.

The only f2p mmo's with decent content are the ones that failed and went f2p.

They can do some 1 to endgame gimped version to sang more people into unlocking the real deal tho.

Entropia

No One Remembers
1. It's going to be Sci-Fi
2. It's going to be an MMOFPS.
3. Many former Bungie employe's are working on it with Blizzard.
4. It will be F2P

All three of these things were stated by the guy who runs mmo-champion. He has not been wrong about one thing Blizzard related in half a decade. I do not think he is wrong about this.

On a side note, 2013 is possible. mmo-champion first leaked information about Titan in 2007, with rumors dating back to 2006. 2013 would mean almost 7 years of development. It is very possible Titan is announced at Blizzcon this year, which many think it will be. Then released holiday 2013. If not Q1 2014. With a beta coming spring 2013.

Well, he has a source at Blizzard, so his information is always accurate.

1,2, and 4 won't surprise me if they do turn out to be true.

Top Bottom