• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blizzcon 2016 - The worst Blizzcon ever? [Up: Full content list for judging]

If Blizzcon 2016 was a Marvel movie, which Marvel movie would it be?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
WoW at its most exciting its been in years with actual stream of non stop content for once, Overwatch is a critical and financial behemoth, Hearthstone continues to be ridiculously popular, not to mention profitable, Heroes of the Storm with more new content than any company would give a struggling game, but yeah, there was no Diablo 4 announced (even tho we know for a fact its being made) so RIP in peaces Blizzard you had a good run :(

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
WoW at its most exciting its been in years wuth actual stream of non stop content for once, Overwatch is a critical and financial behemoth, Hearthstone continues to be ridiculously popular, not to mention profitable, Heroes of the Storm with more new content than any company would give a struggling game, but yeah, there was no Diablo 4 announced (even tho we know for a fact its being made) so RIP in peaces Blizzard you had a good run :(

Yeah the crying is pretty annoying, I don't play WoW anymore but those updates are massive

Weird blizzcon.

We see a funeral of the Starcraft 2 esports scene with one of the last champions being a guy that was there since open season 1 but never made it big. Commentators talk like the scene will be going on though.. lol

Other than that it feels pretty empty. Diablo was a Major let down

Nokterian

I think they had really good announcements in general but really poor announcements for Diablo. Overwatch, HotS, HS, and WoW got a lot of neat stuff and details about upcoming changes and improvements. Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 are clearly on their way out and there isn't a replacement product anytime soon, but at least they didn't tease this Blizzcon as a big Starcraft Anniversary one. :p

If you don't play any of Blizzard's current games and only wanted a Diablo 4 announcement it's probably very disappointing, otherwise it was a fine Blizzcon.

Did you miss the panel from yesterday? Lots of quality of life changes for diablo lots of new stuff being added and being changed.

Also diablo 4 for the seasonable moment will not be there.

http://www.diablofans.com/

Go read here from dev talk lots of stuff are coming for diablo 3. Y'all need to stop being on that dumb train for hyping stuff up that doesn't exist.

I'm not a Blizz fan, and I think that's an incredible line-up of announcements.

D1 in D3? Whut?

I think OP is salty because of "big" announcements like no new expack for Warcraft or a new game. But they hit on all of their games, and they hit on how all of them are improving.

Berordn

This thread basically shows how utterly clueless people are about Blizzard lmao,

More or less. I kind of understand the disappointment for anyone who doesn't follow them and expected a mini E3 with Blizzard properties, but that's never really been the intent of the event.

duckroll

Did you miss the panel from yesterday? Lots of quality of life changes for diablo lots of new stuff being added and being changed.

Yes I did. I think QOL improvements are good, but their main announcements sucked. The Diablo 1 thing being a timed event for Jan is really stupid, rather than just a permanent addition. The Necromancer being more than 7 months away at the very least is also dumb. In comparison, every other game they had announcements for will be seeing the content added with in the next month or so, with even more stuff lined up in the months after. There's no question that Diablo got the short end of the stick here out of everything Blizzard had to offer. I mean, sure it's understandable why, but that doesn't mean it isn't disappointing.

Nokterian

Yes I did. I think QOL improvements are good, but their main announcements sucked. The Diablo 1 thing being a timed event for Jan is really stupid, rather than just a permanent addition. The Necromancer being more than 7 months away at the very least is also dumb. In comparison, every other game they had announcements for will be seeing the content added with in the next month or so, with even more stuff lined up in the months after. There's no question that Diablo got the short end of the stick here out of everything Blizzard had to offer. I mean, sure it's understandable why, but that doesn't mean it isn't disappointing.

I hope they keep diablo 1 in diablo 3 as something permanent people will scream even i voiced it on twitter. I don't know why this is happening with diablo 3 the game was a huge success and yet they do let it be on the end stick of the bargain. I still have hope for future expansions but that remains to be seen.

Ashodin

I've always felt like right now they could give fuck all to StarCraft and Diablo because their new hotness needs to be continuously pushed. They'll have their time in the sun again someday (IDK about StarCraft, that whole lore there needs a reboot after what happened).

Diablo is ripe for new stuff after Reaper of Souls though. They've got room to keep going.

I'm satisfied by what was shown at Blizzcon this year. The only thing that I wished would happen, was that another new Overwatch hero was shown alongside Sombra. We just got only Sombra, and that disappointed me. However, all the other things shown for Overwatch made up for only one hero being revealed, so I left satisfied as a whole.

duckroll

I'm actually very happy they didn't show another hero other than Sombra, because realistically we KNOW how long it takes them to get a new hero out. It was about 3 months for Ana, and now it's 3 months for Sombra. That feels right. If they announced any other hero now, it would just be another months long tease with nothing to show for it. I'll rather they just show the hero in Feb 2017 the moment they put the hero up on PTR. Just like they did with Ana. No more stupid ARGs.

Arcade Mode and the confirmation of another new map in December basically made up for any sort of disappointment I could have about how they dragged Sombra out. Arcade represents the exact sort of game diversity Overwatch needs at this moment, six months after release. People are used to the normal maps and game modes, there have been two seasons of Competitive, it's time for something new.

I'm into HOTS so I liked what they announced there. The new characters look good and creative and the other details from the panel are great.

Haven't played WoW since Cata and don't play Hearthstone/Starcraft so no comment on those.

D3, Necromancer is cool but the entire free update seems really weak. Paying for Necro on his own is also...eh. Much would have preferred a full expansion.

Sombra in OW is fucking terrible. They teased her for months with a terrible ARG that went nowhere even though everyone fucking knew and that's the only new character revealed, I hate her visual design, and she's a stealth character (which Blizz said they wouldn't do and now are doing with only the second additional character) which has serious potential to ruin the game.

Also, the "Boop" thing was literally manufactured to be a meme and people are playing into it...why?

Dubai map looks cool at least.

I'd say for the 3 games I play/care about I'm overall disappointed. HOTS continues to be pretty good though with the developers proving they care at least.

Everyone who has played Sombra says she is incredibly well balanced and does not break the game. And how was boop manufactured into a meme? Its a characteristic.

You sound mad/salty suggesting only HotS Team cares when its obvious Jeff and the OW team are incredibly passionate about what they are making.

Entropia

No One Remembers
BlizzCon 2008 was the worst from a content point of view. All they announced a D3 Class. 2010 was also pretty weak.

you tease sombra for months and she isn't even available to play right now, the fuck.

the announcements suck ass

You've been spoiled by the recent trend of "Here's an announcement and it will be available... right after this presentation."

She was playable at BlizzCon! ;)

TheYanger

As someone that has been to eight of ten shows, the wow panel was the absolute best they've ever had. And it was just fucking patches.

Was hoping for something new game related, either classic Warcraft or Diablo, so I was very disappointed.
I have all the games they're releasing new content for, but I'm not excited at all. New coating, same old mechanics...
May resub for a month or 2 with the big WoW update and I'll return to OW for a while, but that's it.

Jolkien

WoW panel saved the event (for me). Other announcement was fine but my expectation for Diablo were probably too high.

The only years i have bought the virtual ticket is 2010 and 2016...cursed.

Overall underwhelmed. Hearthstone and WoW met expectations, and Heroes too though i am a bit bored of all the Warcraft characters. Would have liked to have seen more for OW, but Diablo was by far the most underwhelming given the occasion.

Zombine

Banned
I really enjoyed what they showed off. It was a little something for everyone and I'm a big Hearthstone fan so the new expansion will be something to tinker around with.

I'm just a little bummed I couldn't really dig up the cash for the e-ticket.

Top Bottom