• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blizzcon 2016 - THE YEAR OF THE DEVIL? WE SHALL SEE!

Which Blizzcon announcement are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.

dmr87

And we STILL can't even buy their old games, mind blown. Least they could've done is to make them compatible with modern OS's and PCs.

Nere

The dungeon idea sounds good but I really don't like the retro stuff they want to shoehorn, who wants to move in 8 directions? Hope there is a way to remove them.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
This party went downhill quick

Everyone trying to cheer me up, currently getting a massage ..

-Opaque-

I can't play StarCraft/Brood War on any Mac OS later than 10.6 Snow Leopard & Diablo 1 will only run on versions of Mac OS through any version of OS X that can run Classic.

Have you tried the Windows versions in a Wine skin? On WineHQ SC1 is platinum compatibility and D1 is gold, so they should be playable.

MQVFkt8.jpg

Damn, i'm really sorry.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Considering how many copies Diablo 3 as a whole has sold I had doubts they would suddenly kill it off. I'm interested, but I also haven't played in ages.

Was there anything about WoW 7.2?

Does Blizzard ever announce sales during this event? I've been wanting to pick up Overwatch for a while, I figure now might be a good time, but I'll wait if they might provide some incentive for new players along with the new updates to the game.

Syf

Banned
Does Blizzard ever announce sales during this event? I've been wanting to pick up Overwatch for a while, I figure now might be a good time, but I'll wait if they might provide some incentive for new players along with the new updates to the game.
Don't announce here really but they do black friday sales. That's probably the next good chance of one.

Madn

I doubt they would put it on sale so early when it's selling this well. They could thorw in some free lootboxes for new players though, kinda like they did with Hearthstone packs in WotOG

So the only new things added to overwatch before 2017 are going to be Sombra and the 'new' arcade modes.

Clearly people aren't buying enough lootboxes.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
As a Diablo 1 veteran (whatever that means) I can't avoid but feel extremely disappointed. Apparently selling bajillion copies is useless if you can't bring in the revenue/second game executives masturbate over.

Fucking loot boxes purchasers, it's on you.

Gator86

So the only new things added to overwatch before 2017 are going to be Sombra and the 'new' arcade modes.

Clearly people aren't buying enough lootboxes.

Overwatch support has been nothing close to what I expected. Considering how much they design the events around pushing loot boxes, you'd expect more than 2 characters and a map in 2016.

celebi23

Have you tried the Windows versions in a Wine skin? On WineHQ SC1 is platinum compatibility and D1 is gold, so they should be playable.

Yeah, I have. Last time I tried Wineskin for D1, the menus wouldn't show up at all. I would just get a black screen. I could select things with the up/down arrows though. Will have to give it another shot. Where do you see Diablo1 as being gold? I see either garbage level or slightly higher:
https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=3498

Overwatch support has been nothing close to what I expected. Considering how much they design the events around pushing loot boxes, you'd expect more than 2 characters and a map in 2016.

Well, they also got competitive matchmaking in which is good.
I mean, I could be wrong, and they actually get oasis out this year. I just can't have faith that they won't go full dark side long term and prioritize lootbox releases over actual game content. We'll have had 3 (or 4) full cycles of limited lootboxes before we see a third map or hero. That to me is very worrying.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
We're never seeing you in D3 ever again are we

Considering Blizzard fucked everything up

There is literally zero chance of me returning

Yoshichan

Last Blizzcons party kept going for days

3 hours in, everyone went home, currently in the bathroom taking one the biggest dumps in the history of time

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
The Arcade Reshuffle includes a 'no limits' mode where hero stacking is a-ok.

Kaplan followed that up by saying they're bringing single hero restrictions to quick play in from competitive. So no more 5-hanzo stacks on volskaya defense or 3 torb pushes on el dorado.

TzBcrox.gif

GLORIOUS

This party went downhill quick

Everyone trying to cheer me up, currently getting a massage ..
I don't care about WoW, HS or OW, but I still tune in for the Diablo announcements every year despite D3's suckiness.

In that sense I think this has been easily one of the direst years yet for me.

Finaj

Blizzard just announced patch 7.1.5 for WoW, which will add small things to tide people over until Nighthold/7.2.

It will include Mists of Pandaria Timewalking and the return of the Brawler's Guild with new bosses. More may be announced in the panel.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Blizzard just announced patch 7.1.5 for WoW, which will add small things to tide people over until Nighthold/7.2.

It will include Mists of Pandaria Timewalking and the return of the Brawler's Guild with new bosses. More may be announced in the panel.

Wat? i thought Nighthold was supposed to unlock in 7.1

Finaj

-Blade's Edge Arena is being updated
-Micro-holidays announced; one-day holidays that give life to the world
-includes: Boat Day, Ahn-quraj rememberance day, Guard Appreciation Day, Hatching of the Hippogryphs.

Syf

Banned
-Blade's Edge Arena is being updated
-Micro-holidays announced; one-day holidays that give life to the world
-includes: Boat Day, Ahn-quraj rememberance day, Guard Appreciation Day, Hatching of the Hippogryphs.
I like the micro holiday idea.

Yoshichan

Tomb of Sargeras

Magnus

Cross posting my updated post in the WoW thread:

7.2 now!

"The Tomb of Sargeras"
Logo shown

- Returning to the Broken Shore
- Class Order Hall campaign continuation
- New Faction: Armies of Legionfall (all order halls put together, or something)
- New World Quests - class-themed WQs in the Broken Shore area

Isle of Quel'danas concept is being revisited:

- Build a base on the Broken Shore and plan an assault
- Players will have agency in choosing which content to unlock in their bases, but seem to be doing it en masse, like the AQ40 turn-ins
- The population will get to collectively choose which part of the base to unlock, probably unique to each realm

Legion Assaults
- Inspired by pre-launch August event
- Legion will hit Broken Isles zones
- During an attack, skybox will turn dark, WQs will be disabled in the zone (except for the new WQs to fight the Legion)
- These temporary Legion WQs will still count toward an Emissary daily
- After clearing out some Legion WQs, you'll join a 3-player scenario (like MOP scenarios, role agnostic) to take down the Legion airships over that zone

Flying
- Flying is returning in 7.2 (to rapturous applause)
- All the Broken Isles Pathfinder Part II requirements will be completed in the world, not in raids

Magnus

Omg gorgeous custom class mounts for flying unlocked in 7.2

They all look incredible. One for each class

Priest = OWLCAT!
Druid = BIG OWL
Mage = Disc (like the Pandaria Loremaster one)

I didn't catch too many other ones

Nere

Omg gorgeous custom class mounts for flying unlocked in 7.2

They all look incredible. One for each class

Priest = OWLCAT!
Druid = BIG OWL
Mage = Disc (like the Pandaria Loremaster one)

I didn't catch too many other ones

All were awesome except the mage one....

Magnus

Full on Kiljaeden fight at the Tomb
And before him, we'll fight the husk of Sargeras - his old physical body

New 5-man to complement the raid as well
Cathedral of Eternal Night

Finaj

Fuck, Blizzard. There's more content being announced in this one WoW panel than the entirety of the Opening Ceremony.

Top Bottom