• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blocking mom from net-stalking you

Status
Not open for further replies.

dojokun

Banned

Over-generalized posts, followed by more over-generalized posts even after they are proven not to apply to my situation, followed by accusing me of trolling because you have trouble believing that people post pics to Facebook and Twitter about bacon and bars, followed by announcing your exit instead of just not responding. I don't think I've run into a worse poster on the internet.

dojokun

Banned
Why would you have a problem with your mother knowing about bacon?

She literally worries about me eating junk food enough to call me up worried about it. She grew up in a third world country and ate healthy homecooked food 99% of her life. Last month she and my father were out at a restaurant here in Los Angeles and she asked me if we were supposed to tip. That's how little she eats anything that isn't healthy and homecooked.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
She literally worries about me eating junk food enough to call me up worried about it. She grew up in a third world country and ate healthy homecooked food 99% of her life. Last month she and my father were out at a restaurant here in Los Angeles and she asked me if we were supposed to tip. That's how little she eats anything that isn't healthy and homecooked.

I imagine she would worry no matter what.

dojokun

Banned
The thing is nobody cares about you, or that you're eating bacon, except your mom anyway. So, don't post about bacon if you don't want your mom to know about it.

I have friends who care enough about bacon to comment and then even make plans with me to cook bacon-knots (bacon tied in a knot soaked in maple syrup and black pepper to top it off). It's a normal thing to share on Facebook and/or twitter and it's ridiculous I find myself typing a post on the internet having to defend the act of posting about bacon.

I have friends who care enough about bacon to comment and then even make plans with me to cook bacon-knots (bacon tied in a knot soaked in maple syrup and black pepper to top it off). It's a normal thing to share on Facebook and/or twitter and it's ridiculous I find myself typing a post on the internet having to defend the act of posting about bacon.

It is ridiculous, yes. But not not because of why you think it is.

Utako

Banned
So I guess there's no way to do it without her knowing huh. Facebook lets you do that with statuses... wish twitter offered this option.

I mean, I'm an adult living 1000 miles from her, but she's the type to be up worrying about her only son because he's not at home by 10:00pm.
wait wat

Utako

Banned
Yeah, I know. Meet more 2nd gen immigrants whose parents were born/raised in a country where the sons normally live their whole lives with their parents and the daughters only move out when they get married.
I live in NYC. All my friends are immigrants or sons and daughters of such. From all around the world.

Now, that being said, you are a big pussy. Straight up. 29-year-old men shouldn't have mommy issues. That's the start and the end of it.

No offense intended at all, BTW. Tough GAF love.

dojokun

Banned
I live in NYC. All my friends are immigrants or sons and daughters of such. From all around the world.

Now, that being said, you are a big pussy. Straight up. 29-year-old men shouldn't have mommy issues. That's the start and the end of it.

No offense intended at all, BTW. Tough GAF love.

Mommy issues because I don't want her to worry about things that everyone else finds normal? What exactly do you consider to be mommy issues? Any time a mom disapproves of anything?

My mother and I get along fine, call each other a few times a week, and don't have issues.

Mommy issues because I don't want her to worry about things that everyone else finds normal? What exactly do you consider to be mommy issues? Any time a mom disapproves of anything?

Think you're fighting a losing battle. People either aren't reading your various detailed explanations of why this is a problem or just don't under understand how worried some parents can be over the smallest things and how annoying this can be.

PK Gaming

OR WHAT!?

tumblr_lwvo9eDSYt1qaqcouo1_500.png

dojokun

Banned
Think you're fighting a losing battle. People either aren't reading your various detailed explanations of why this is a problem or just don't under understand how worried some parents can be over the smallest things and how annoying this can be.

Yeah you're probably right. Saying I have "mommy issues" because I want to keep her from worrying about my drinking/eating habits is ridiculous.

levious

you're 29, your mom is not going to ever stop worrying or worry any less. At some point you have to accept and stop caring about it on your end.

I'm not saying you have issues, or that this sort of thing is not annoying, just something that almost everyone more or less has to deal with.

Syph

Neo Member
This is why I don't add my mom on facebook, she'd be constantly checking what I was up to. My dad is way more laid back about everything so I added him.

levious

This is why I don't add my mom on facebook, she'd be constantly checking what I was up to. My dad is way more laid back about everything so I added him.

I guess that means he won the divorce.

dojokun

Banned
you're 29, your mom is not going to ever stop worrying or worry any less. At some point you have to accept and stop caring about it on your end.

I'm not saying you have issues, or that this sort of thing is not annoying, just something that almost everyone more or less has to deal with.

I feel you. This is the approach I'd take if it didn't mean getting called about it and having my eating/drinking habits being used as an excuse to try to set me up with one of her friend's daughters to get married, so the wife can watch after me.

Blocking her in twitter without her knowing would be part of "dealing with it."

Dilly

Banned
Having your mother on Facebook/Twitter pretty much equals having her listen in to conversations you have with friends. I don't see what's immature about seperating friends from family.

Utako

Banned

My mother and I get along fine, call each other a few times a week, and don't have issues.
You're worried about your mother following you on Twitter and you aren't 15. That's a mommy issue.

Time to sack up.

Also, this is less crazy, but calling your mom multiple times a week is kind of weird.

dojokun

Banned
Having your mother on Facebook/Twitter pretty much equals having her listen in to conversations you have with friends. I don't see what's immature about seperating friends from family.

Thank you. A very simple concept that any normal person would understand.

dojokun

Banned
You're worried about your mother following you on Twitter and you aren't 15. That's a mommy issue.

Time to sack up.

Okay this post proves that you do NOT understand how cultural differences can make these things a problem your whole life, not just your teenage years, despite your claims to have friends in that situation.

"I have a black friend, I'm not racist."

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
What are you possibly saying on twitter that you don't want your mom seeing, but have no problem sharing with the rest of the world?

Utako

Banned
Okay this post proves that you do NOT understand how cultural differences can make these things a problem your whole life, not just your teenage years, despite your claims to have friends in that situation.

"I have a black friend, I'm not racist."
The people I know with the worst of it possess an over-attentive Russian mother, and a Jehovah's Witness Mexican mother.

They're younger than you, and better adjusted.

You're creating a scapegoat for yourself, seriously man.

dojokun

Banned
The people I know with the worst of it possess an over-attentive Russian mother, and a Jehovah's Witness Mexican mother.

They're younger than you, and better adjusted.

You're creating a scapegoat for yourself, seriously man.

Russian culture is different than mine, and it's not even third world. Mexican culture doesn't involve the aspects of my culture I described. I guess anything foreign is all the same to you.

Dilly

Banned
Hiding an innocuous facet of your life from only your mother is a little pathetic.

It has nothing to do with hiding.

Like I said, I wouldn't be comfortable at all when my mom/family was standing in my group of friends while we were talking about the usual stuff.

That makes me a coward and pathetic?

kehs

Banned
It has nothing to do with hiding.

Like I said, I wouldn't be comfortable at all when my mom/family was standing in my group of friends while we were talking about the usual stuff.

That makes me a coward and pathetic?

It's stuff on twitter, that's out there for the world to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom