• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blomberg: Nintendo to boost Nintendo Switch production goal from 25 million to 30 million in this FY.

Bodomism

Banned

They're not satisfied with Switch stock situation as they're still struggling to meet the demand.

Basically more than PS5 and XSX combined in this FY.

jigglet

Banned
Not surprising. Their last forecast of what...21m consoles? Everyone knew that was horse shit from the get go.

Something has to give. Switch's 30 million, PS5's 10 million or Xbox Series S/X success.

Insane stuff for big Red.

Last edited:

Entroyp

And I was told to believe games don’t matter, services and consumer friendliness do only 😂

Can’t wait to play SM3D all stars and Hyrule warriors and Super Mario 3D world

Last edited:
it's nice to be on the winning team with the Switch

stockholders can't say no to those numbers

I was hoping to clear my backlog with lockdown, but it's about to rain cartridges :cry:

Fuckin' Jooxed Jooxed , smh
floyd.png

iconmaster

Banned
Switch set a new record for itself back in May when it sold 21 million for the fiscal year. 30 million in a year would be…more than that.

And as pointed out, it hasn’t had a single price drop since release.

I’ve long been bullish on the thing; but I’m having to recalibrate my expectations even so.

Last edited:
Switch set a new record for itself back in May when it sold 21 million for the fiscal year. 30 million in a year would be…more than that.

I’ve long been bullish on the thing; but I’m having to recalibrate my expectations even so.
It has not had a price drop but it has released a model that’s $199.

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
I live in a metropolitan area with Tons of people. All local stores stay sold out of the switch. They get them in stock and then poof they are sold out again. I purchased mine 2 weeks ago. Found a lonly pink one. As A guy I admit I feel a bit odd playing the coral pink one but the Gameplay outshines that. Loving Paper Mario Oragami king, Dead cells, and Mario kart to sttar.

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022

I did not even consider getting a switch until a buddy let me play his recently. I was sold right away.

LordOfChaos

Also, apparently Nintendo are asking devs to make their games 4K-ready. Maybe there's some truth to the DLSS rumors after all?

Would it make sense to ask developers to make their games 4K ready before the DLSS feature is exposed, if that's the primary way they're getting there?

I remember buying my Switch about 3 years ago right around when SMO was about to launch and the consoles were finally showing up in stores again. It felt like dumb luck and kind of impulsive but they had some in stock so I bought it along with BotW, SMO, and MK8D.

My first reaction was why not wait for a sale or bundle? $500 is a lot to spend in one shot. Then I thought about how promising the system was and how beloved that trifecta of games is and I came to the realization that I would be waiting a LONG time for any kind of price drop or meaningful discount.

Needless to say I am really glad I went for it. The system got me back into gaming. All 3 of those games barely ever go on sale and waiting for the Lite would have been foolish. I look now and there is an even better library of games, probably the best lineup any Nintendo console ever had (including SNES). Today I’d make the same choice in a heartbeat, and it seems there are a lot of other people that agree, ultimately why Nintendo is so confident in their sales forecasts.

carlosrox

Banned
I forgot Switch hasn't even seen a true price drop.

I keep expecting this thing to stop selling so crazy, and I didn't expect the Mario Collection to sell so crazy either but I'm really bad at predicting/understanding sales numbers.

Very happy to see Nintendo doing so well.

The world needs Nintendo. They are an irreplaceable gem.

Jaruru

Switch still has a long way to go. Good to see they're doing well. 2021 will be interesting :messenger_smiling: BOTW2 possible in 2021?

KINGMOKU

For some perspective, the only console to ever sell 30 million or more in a year(im pretty certain on this. I used to follow sales meticulously)is the Nintendo DS. It did it twice if memory serves.

Nintendo could end up selling 30 million or more for the fiscal year. I wouldn't even hazard a guess at what this systems final total will be.

They should fix their logistics, why ship so many Switches to areas that wont sell as much, rather than moving them to main areas?

Just today I checked local super market (no gaming stores here, so this is biggest store with most gaming stuff in 90k citizens city) and they had 8 normal and around 30 lite switches on shelf and probably more on back.

And only 3 PS4 left, zero xbox(they stopped selling them as they didnt move).

Same story on most stores since the launch

Just feels silly to ship systems on places where they just Gather dust for months

Last edited:

Bodomism

Banned
They should fix their logistics, why ship so many Switches to areas that wont sell as much, rather than moving them to main areas?

Just today I checked local super market (no gaming stores here, so this is biggest store with most gaming stuff in 90k citizens city) and they had 8 normal and around 30 lite switches on shelf and probably more on back.

And only 3 PS4 left, zero xbox(they stopped selling them as they didnt move).

Same story on most stores since the launch

Just feels silly to ship systems on places where they just Gather dust for months
Those are recently arrived stocks.

Top Bottom