• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloober Team and Platige Image plan to go AAA with The Medium, want it to become the hottest game of the year | Business Insider Poland

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Karol Żbikowski, President of Platige Image and Piotr Babieno, CEO of Bloober Team are working on The Medium with high budget productions. Platige Image has worked on Netflix's The Witcher.
The next-generation PS5 and Xbox Series X consoles focus on high-quality animation, the development of graphics technologies. Teams need to be bigger and bigger. We move away from the model, where one team is able to do all the work. It is for this reason that cooperation with Platige Image is of such importance here. In the case of previous consoles, cooperation with companies that dealt with CGI technologies was of a marketing nature, based on teaserach, trailers, openings or closures. In this case, it will have a completely different character. The video game industry is larger than the film and music industry put together. Putting on games is, from my point of view, a bull's-eye for Platige.
What Platige Image will produce for the Bloober Team is going not only cinematic, but something that happens inside the game. Can the Bloober Team agreement be seen as a step for Platige Image towards greater involvement in the computer games segment, which is gaining during the pandemic? Or maybe even in the future closer work on the production of games itself?
Karol Żbikowski : Platige Image has been working with many game manufacturers around the world for many years, mainly in the field of cinematics. We are pleased that the Polish gaming market is growing strongly and companies like Bloober are globalizing. Of course, the production of AAA is a gigantic undertaking, and we can offer our competencies to game developers. Our experience in building a visual website as well as in the field of computer graphics are a great complement for developers. The scale of production prepared by bloober team is so large that it is worth combining forces.
Do you think about capital cooperation in the future?
Karol Żbikowski : Bloober instructs us to prepare animations for the game. It is too early to talk about capital cooperation.
What does it look like from bloober team? You decided to have a joint interview, which is the relationship you wanted to emphasize. Is this the beginning of a "beautiful friendship", or a one-off event?
Piotr Babieno : For years, we were a developer who created games rather at lower budgets. We have been watching Platige productions for a long time, but at that time we did not yet have the adequate financial resources to cooperate. Our studio started to grow and undertake more and more production, the natural turn of things was that we wanted to create an AAA game.
The "Medium" project is big and we wanted to hire the best,so we turned to Platige. Not only do we gain from the business side, but we also receive creative support. Platige has experience when it comes to the film site. We also have such experience, but as part of this cooperation we get not only the material that makes this project look very good, but also a lot of substantive input, which we think will enable Medium to become the hottest game of the year.
Medium has patent protection in the USA for two worlds in the game. In developing this technology, we got some funding and they helped us put the budget together. It is important from the starting point that we do not have to recover stocks, because a large part of it is the grant funds.
What budgets do your new productions have?
Piotr Babieno : In the case of Medium, it will be more than PLN 30 million, and the Observer System Redux - we will be in the amount of less than PLN 10 million.

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
I heard the budget of this game is just 7 million.
That's not triple A no matter how hard they try lmao.
Its Poland, production cost is low. The Observer was less than 10 million złoty, The Medium will be more than 30 million zloty.

Last edited:
S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
The game does look good. For me it was one of the obvious stand-outs on that last Inside Xbox.

Good on them for aiming bigger. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Top Bottom