• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloober Team signs a license and distribution agreement with Sony Interactive Entertainment

These comments almost make me wanna actually try a Blooper game. See what all the hate is about myself. They always looked too lame to try for me.

Hopefully there is another proper silent hill game by someone else.

ParaSeoul

For everyone worried,theres more SH games in the pipeline than the Bloober one,been mentioned in the reports since 2020. We still don't know whos making the Japanese one,an alleged prominent Japanese developer. Every time we get more news on this people seem to forget this.

Last edited:

kyliethicc

Distribution... is that just a translation error for "development?"

Because those are two totally different things in the consumer world. Seems they will be distributing licensed games to that region.
Yeah it’s vague, since licenses / distribution can be for old games.

Season 2 Smh GIF by The Lonely Island

jimmy fallon lol GIF

*Rumblings of not only one, but two actual Silent Hill games start happening*

Internet/Neogaf: Is critical of every rumor including the Kojima one, starts disliking what the rumors are.

Konami:
giphy.gif

Next Silent Hill game:
hqdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Next MGS game:
metalgear.jpg

Interesting....we already know Bloober was making a Silent Hill and we know another Japanese team is making the other based on rumours, it might be Kojima Pro?
But them signing a deal with Sony does seem to suggest either this is for something different or Sony really does has the Silent Hill IP now....
Probably why that leak got took out like it was Sony's Ninjas.
Oh My God Reaction GIF by The Office

Edit, nah it's for PS+

I mean a Silent Hill Collection and a New game wouldn't be a bad thing IMO.

CamHostage

So, I know Medium was far below expectations, and the company has a weird history (their involvement in The Sadness is a heck of a way to get started...), but is Bloober that bad?

The Blair Witch game I heard good things about (to a modest degree) and then I thought people liked Observer? Layers of Fear, I don't know much about, but its Steam pos-to-neg User Review ratio is pretty positive (for whatever that's worth...) They don't really have that many games beyond that (unless you played like A-Men way back on PSP/Wii... or have rueful memories of Basement Crawl, but hopefully nobody remembers that one,) and I haven't played their recent stuff at all, but I don't get where the abject hatred of Bloober comes from?

...Not that I think they should be the future franchise bearers of Silent Hill, but I'd be picky about any studio trying to take that up. I didn't really think Kojima was exactly right for the brand, even.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
People everywhere over-reacting to old Bloober games getting a PS+ deal.. I'm sure Sony paid jack shit for them too so not like this really takes a huge chunk of their PS+ budget lol

It's probably their VR games TBH... Sony would want to put some VR games on PS+ timed whenPSVR2 launches.. and there are slim pickings, so in comes Bloober. That also explains the wording about how they THINK this will effect 2022 but can give release dates.. because the deal hinges on when PSVR2 is ready to drop.

Last edited:

yurinka

BLOOBER TEAM SA: Entering into a significant license and distribution agreement with Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC

"distribution of selected Issuer's titles in the new distribution system"
Not a Polish or English speaker, but I think it only means Bloober Team signed with Sony to will include past -and pretty likely future- Bloober games on PS+ (games/IPs owned by them).

I'd bet that with "distribuition system" means Sony's new game sub and cloud gaming.

Notice also Bloober licenses Sony to distribute their games. If this would have nothing to do with Silent hill, it would be Konami who would license the game and not Bloober.

the translation in the OP is accurate, this is clearly about releasing some games via the new subscription service and nothing else. Expect Medium and Blair Witch to drop on the new PS+ in June.
Just to double check it, are you Polish native speaker?

Last edited:

yurinka

Sony fans: we want silent hill

Sony: Ask Konami, not us. It's their brand, we have nothing to do with it. We are not related to this brand at all
Fixed

For everyone worried,theres more SH games in the pipeline than the Bloober one,been mentioned in the reports since 2020. We still don't know whos making the Japanese one,an alleged prominent Japanese developer. Every time we get more news on this people seem to forget this.
Did Konami confirmed that they are working on two Silent Hill games? Did Konami announced Bloober is working on a Silent Hill game?
Because maybe Konami isn't working in any Silent Hill game and the Blobber game for Konami is for a new IP.

If we're talking about internet rumors, there's a guy in 4chan saying that Nintendo will release the next Mario on PS.

P.S.: I think Konami is only working on a single Silent hill game, which is the game being made at Blobber.

Last edited:

JaksGhost

It also needs to be said that this statement was released on April 18th, 2022. People are just now finding out about it. So this doesn’t coincide at all with the recent Silent Hill leaks.

yurinka

Fucking who?
The devs of Layers of Fear 1&2, The Medium, Blair Witch, Observer, A-Men and Deathmatch Village.

Seems they'll include some of these previous games on the new PS+.

Interesting....we already know Bloober was making a Silent Hill and we know another Japanese team is making the other based on rumours, it might be Kojima Pro?
If I'm not wrong the only official stuff we know is that Konami will publish Bloober game, Konami never said if they are working with this or another team on a Silent hill and Kojipro was busy working on Death Stranding, its PC port, its Director's Cut and according to Normal Reedus on its sequel. Plus Kojipro said they are also interested to work on smaller games, movies, tv shows, anime or manga.

Plus Konami bullied the Kojima team, fired them and cancelled Silent Hills. So it would be hard to believe Konami and Kojipro would like to work together, specially in Silent Hill.

I assume that as a public company if Sony would have bought Konami IPs they would have needed to announce it publicly to their investors.

This licensing is talking about Bloober Team titles, and Silent Hill for this matter would count instead as a Konami title (or Sony title if they would have bought the IP). This license is not related to Silent Hill.

And well, the rest are only rumors or assumptions.

There are atleast 2 Silent Hill Game this is just 1 of them relax
Did Konami said they are working on 2 Silent Hill games?

In fact, did Konami say that the Bloober game they'll publish is a Silent Hill game?

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
These guys stink. Supermassive would’ve been way better choice and can’t imagine they would cost much more.

With Supermassive's output, I'm starting to wonder if Until Dawn was the exception and not the rule. Better than Blooper Team is a really low bar to clear.

Mr Hyde

I think people are way too hard on Bloober, just jumping on the hate train because they don't have any opinions of their own. Observer, Layer of Fear, Blair Witch are all solid games, only lacking in polish and budget. I think they can pull off a Silent Hill if given the proper budget. Nothing close to what Team Silent did with the original trilogy, but what other studio would?

skit_data

Heard a lot about how good The Medium was allegedly. Like ”only launch exclusive”-and-therefore-awesome-good.

Let’s hope Silent Hill or whatever this is is alright.

Did Konami said they are working on 2 Silent Hill games?

In fact, did Konami say that the Bloober game they'll publish is a Silent Hill game?
There are 2 yes one is Bloober pretty much and the other one is by a unknown Japanese developer
that why many people think it Kojima

yurinka

There are 2 yes one is Bloober pretty much and the other one is by a unknown Japanese developer
that why many people think it Kojima
Ok, so the source is a twitter clown and Konami never said anything about being working on a Silent Hill.

Kojima was humilliated, bullied and fired from Konami. He isn't working and won't work in any Silent Hill.

Last edited:
Top Bottom