• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloober Team signs a license and distribution agreement with Sony Interactive Entertainment

He didn't get a DMCA, he got a YMCA
oYD4hlc.gif

GHG

Gold Member
not like this GIF

That most likely means those janky ass Abandoned trailers are real and are made by blooper.

decisions

Why would Konami give Bloober Team the IP? It's honestly ridiculous, they simply do not have the pedigree to deserve it.

If the main reboot game is being done by MS, hopefully it's KojiPro who is doing it. If it's any other team they would have to win me over before I would be excited. Of course hopefully some Team Silent veterans are contracted for this.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I have no idea how anyone values that studio or their games.
I played the Medium. It was great honestly. Not sure what people even hate about it.

I thought it was cool to play a survival horror game set in east Europe, with some references to communist history. I've never played a game that tried to show two different dimensions on screen at the same time like that. Had a few interesting puzzles. Story wasn't bad. Music by Yamaoka. The main villain was pretty dang creepy, and one of Troy Baker's better vocal performances.

I genuinely have no idea what people hate about it. I'm hoping for part 2.

Why would Konami give Bloober Team the IP? It's honestly ridiculous, they simply do not have the pedigree to deserve it.

If the main reboot game is being done by MS, hopefully it's KojiPro who is doing it. If it's any other team they would have to win me over before I would be excited. Of course hopefully some Team Silent veterans are contracted for this.
Where are these Microsoft rumors coming from? First i have heard of it.

ElCasual

Serious question:
What this means? All games of that studio will be only in Ps and PC? Or like MLB the Show will be also in Xbox?
Or just will be in Playstation Plus Top tier?

JaksGhost

Serious question:
What this means? All games of that studio will be only in Ps and PC? Or like MLB the Show will be also in Xbox?
Or just will be in Playstation Plus Top tier?
They’ve developed and released games from the PSP/PS3 generation all the way up to PS5. So expect some of those to appear on both the Extra and Premium tiers. This has nothing to do with exclusivity of any sort.

Last edited:

Kacho

Gold Member
I played the Medium. It was great honestly. Not sure what people even hate about it.

I thought it was cool to play a survival horror game set in east Europe, with some references to communist history. I've never played a game that tried to show two different dimensions on screen at the same time like that. Had a few interesting puzzles. Story wasn't bad. Music by Yamaoka. The main villain was pretty dang creepy, and one of Troy Baker's better vocal performances.

I genuinely have no idea what people hate about it. I'm hoping for part 2.
Look man, if you enjoy it that’s fine. I’m not shitting on fans but I just don’t get it.

If this is legitimate, I don’t know about this. I think a Japanese developer would be better in making Silent Hill. I actually enjoyed the Medium, but I’m not sure if I would fully trust them with a full fledged Silent Hill sequel. I thought it was a rumor that there are 2 Silent Hill games coming?

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I am done with Herman. You sign bloober? Bloober? They aren’t even B devs. They are trash. Straight up trash.

This is straight up pissing on shu’s legacy. That man built up a first party that won 5 gotys in between 2013-2020, then gets replaced by herman who proceeds to hire no name unproven dev after dev instead of bolstering his existing first party studios who are clearly struggling to get games out in time. 4-5 years to make direct sequels to hfw, gt7 and gow? All those partnerships and not a single next Gen game in 2022?

And He doesn’t sign Kojima right away after death stranding? How do you let a guy like that talk to Microsoft and fucking stadia?

And now he signs bloober. Fucking bloober. This is a joke. Both Jim and Herman have lost the plot and need to go.

JaksGhost

I am done with Herman. You sign bloober? Bloober? They aren’t even B devs. They are trash. Straight up trash.

This is straight up pissing on shu’s legacy. That man built up a first party that won 5 gotys in between 2013-2020, then gets replaced by herman who proceeds to hire no name unproven dev after dev instead of bolstering his existing first party studios who are clearly struggling to get games out in time. 4-5 years to make direct sequels to hfw, gt7 and gow? All those partnerships and not a single next Gen game in 2022?

And He doesn’t sign Kojima right away after death stranding? How do you let a guy like that talk to Microsoft and fucking stadia?

And now he signs bloober. Fucking bloober. This is a joke. Both Jim and Herman have lost the plot and need to go.
You are unhinged. You also might be just a slight bit illiterate, too.

ParaSeoul

Fixed

Did Konami confirmed that they are working on two Silent Hill games? Did Konami announced Bloober is working on a Silent Hill game?
Because maybe Konami isn't working in any Silent Hill game and the Blobber game for Konami is for a new IP.

If we're talking about internet rumors, there's a guy in 4chan saying that Nintendo will release the next Mario on PS.

P.S.: I think Konami is only working on a single Silent hill game, which is the game being made at Blobber.
You know those images were copyright striked by Konami right?

QaCMR3R.gif

yurinka

You know those images were copyright striked by Konami right?
No, I didn't see any fact proving Konami claimed the copyright. I only saw himself claiming to have received a DMCA by posting an image that can be photoshopped, or someone else -like a friend of him- could have sent the DMCA.

Other Twitter accounts tweeted the images too even in the same twitter thread and didn't receive the DMCA. As before we only have his word and some images that could be legit, or not.

Last edited:

ParaSeoul

No, I didn't see any fact proving Konami claimed the copyright. I only saw himself claiming to have received a DMCA by posting an image that can be photoshopped, or someone else -like a friend of him- could have sent the DMCA.

Other Twitter accounts tweeted the images too even in the same twitter thread and didn't receive the DMCA. As before we only have his word and some images that could be legit, or not.
Thats strange but I doubt Konami has shit set up for take downs at the same level as companies that have still been putting out games. Sony used a third party for those infamous TLOU 2 leaks back in 2020.

yurinka

Thats strange but I doubt Konami has shit set up for take downs at the same level as companies that have still been putting out games. Sony used a third party for those infamous TLOU 2 leaks back in 2020.
Any company can take down anything from any social media related to their IPs if they go to Twitter, Youtube etc and ask to take down. There's a simple form to make these claims that their CM or whoever runs their social media (sometimes an outsourced company or freelance) can use.

But in this case nothing proves that Konami took down anything.

Last edited:

Barakov

Gold Member

No lies detected. European leadership and Californian values are a recipe for disaster.

dotnotbot

As long as it's not for game development

That patent mentioned at the end of the vid is outrageous. It's like they sneakily secured their way into making next Silent Hill game, they knew this idea is important for the series.

I hope there's some special place in hell for companies living solely on stealing ideas and patenting them as their own.

Last edited:

Please, can someone give this man his meds??

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Observer: System Redux is one of the best cyberpunk stories across all media. Lead voice by Rutger Hauer (RIP).

For an indie studio they've shown their worth. I understand why Sony would make a deal with them.

Top Bottom