• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloober Team Was Developing Alien Game Set in Middle Ages

"Presented from a first person perspective, the gameplay is a mixture of exploration, survival and combat. The players take in the world by exploring the environment, interacting with characters and taking part in story-driven set pieces. As the story progresses, they shape the narrative by making a series of moral choices that will lead to one of at least two endings. At times, the player engages in visceral hand-to-hand, or melee, combat. Although sparse and sometimes optional, the combat always poses a challenge and builds tension, suitable for a survival horror game. The hero is constantly outnumbered, or overpowered, and can easily perish if he is not careful. When combat is not an option, the players will be tasked with simply staying alive in the face of seemingly insurmountable odds. They can accomplish that by means of stealthily avoiding, improvising or outmaneuvering the opposition. These segments, including encounters with the alien enemies, will serve to truly ratchet up the tension and provide the game with a much-needed sense of terror. Will you evade your enemies, distract them of face them head on?

Key features:

1. unique setting, the unconventional blend of the Middle Ages and alien species
  2. mature story of the dark aspects of faith and humanity with the alien lifeform as catalyst for character development
  3. ambiguous moral choices (should we punish those who have wronged us, or stand with them against a greater evil? Should we save a child at the cost of our own life?)
  4. mix of stealth and intense, visceral combat (hand-to-hand / melee)
  5. historical setting makes the story more realistic and relatable, allows for potential spin-offs set in other historical periods (ala Assassin's Creed)

peronmls

They are a mediocre dev. Why are we still talking about them? It's all talk and no show on whatever people are making them out to be with these threads. Also didn't Amneisa already do this theme?

Last edited:

ParaSeoul

Now we're gonna see people dig up as many Bloober news articles as they can aren't we?
britney spears whatever GIF by X Factor Global

nush

Gold Member
Alien game set in the middle ages?

"What The Hell Are We Supposed To Use, Man? Harsh Language?"

Doczu

I say we Trebuchet them from the top of the hill. It's the only way to be certain.
I'm ready, man, check it out. I am the *ultimate* brigand! State of the brigand art! You do not wanna fuck with me. Check it out! Hey Ripley, don't worry. Me and my band of ultimate brigands will protect you! Check it out! Independently targeting Greek Fire throwers. Vwap! Fry half a city with this puppy. We got tactical smart catapults, phased wooden crossbows, longbows, we got hot metal ball breakers! We got firebombs, we got knives, sharp sticks...

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
That's a fucking brilliant setting to be honest.
Sounds like they got that straight from (or at least were 'inspired by'):

image-694x1024.jpg

I have yet to read it myself but supposedly it's one of the better books in the recent line of Titan Book releases, set on a medieval planet home to a cult and full of castles and other medieval shenanigans. I have it sitting on the shelf waiting to be read! Still going through some of the older novels for now though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom