• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne first-person mod shows you Yharnam from a whole new perspective

Ever wanted to experience the world of Yharnam from a more intimate and terrifying perspective? Well, thanks to this Bloodborne first-person mod, soon you will be able to.

Modder and creator of the interesting experiment in FromSoftware’s acclaimed action game, Garden of Eyes, has teamed up with a name people familiar with other SoulsBorne mods will recognize – Zullie the Witch – to create a first-person mod for Bloodborne that makes boss fights and exploration in the intense gothic world all the more compelling.

“Special thanks to Zullie the Witch, who generously walked me through the steps of how she made the mod and finding the different camera offsets on PC, which helped me greatly in implementing a proper approach on PS4 for Bloodborne,” the video description explains. Understandably, this was a trickier process than working on a game that had a proper PC release.

When the mod is released, only those with modded PS4 consoles will be able to run it. You can see it in action below.

“The First Person mod has a storied history, owing to the fact FromSoftware has barely changed their camera from Demon’s Souls all the way to Sekiro,” Zullie the Witch explains in a comment under the video. Baring that in mind, the modder says that they also “can’t wait to bring [a first-person mode] to Elden Ring“.

If you’re eager for more Bloodborne content now that you’ve seen this doomed world through your hunter’s eyes for the first time, you can check out our comprehensive Bloodborne guide.

Given that Sony’s recent Nixxes acquisition will help bring more PlayStation games to PC, it also stands to reason that we could see Bloodborne appear on PC at some point – making mods like this even more common and accessible.

CuNi

I know I will paint my room with Puke if that ever got real, but that MOD now really makes me want to play this in VR.

RyRy93

I love FPP but I don't think it works here, the animations and melee combat are too nice to look at and I imagine the melee combat works much better in third person

Top Bottom