• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne gameplay : The first 18 minutes

Booshka

Lone Survivor

Blood Echoes – 420

Well, now know I what my first character's starting class is going to be.

hqdefault.jpg

2AdEPT

Wait, Waste of Skin isn't level 1? :/ There goes lvl 1 runs... that sucks

The deprived wasn't SL1 in DS1. It was the Pyro. So maybe one of the unrevealed classes is SL1. Maybe they will renumber the levels yet.

Iguess its a little early to tell if the Waste of Skin becomes the go to challenge run character, if there is another character with SL1, or whether its been confirmed there is a stat machine smilar to DS2 where you cant change stats lower than base....... but I sincerely hope there is a TRUE SL1, that can move and roll more quickly. Guess it depends on the "skill" stat and whether that governs speed, roll, and I frames. If it is like DeS and DS1 where the encumbrance is simply the meter for gimping your speed and i-frames then excellent...guess we still need more info as the alphas and betas always lock the equip burden regardless right? Or do they..cant recall? The skill stat will be interesting...a mix of DeX, agility (ADP) or what? Also, looks like we could be back to HP being VIT, which is good, as this could mean there will not be a separate stat for encumbrance but rather an endurance hit? Not sure what bloodtinge is? Maybe the armour are just skins and the weapons have no weight at all? Seems dubious with that huge hammer weapon, althoguh maybe the gimp is simpy having to two hand and the slow attack animation? Too early to tell as it was just the alpha I guess.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
For some reason I thought the "March release" part refers to early March...

But it's 24 March isn't it............ that's just way too long of a wait..................................

Zing

Banned
Why is there a constant spotlight on the character? Where is he light source? At first, I thought the character was glowing, but the unknown light source generates a shadow. It's bizarre.

So I've been keeping away from news about this game or videos so I can go in fresh, but I do know about the randomized..dungeons? I think?

I'm wondering, will there be co-op where you can invite someone? In general or for the dungeons. Or will it be like, random like the other Souls games?

Qvoth

So I've been keeping away from news about this game or videos so I can go in fresh, but I do know about the randomized..dungeons? I think?

I'm wondering, will there be co-op where you can invite someone? In general or for the dungeons. Or will it be like, random like the other Souls games?

well at least for the random dungeon part (chalice dungeon) i think it's safe to say that co-op will be very prevalent, they kept mentioning/showing co-op with the dungeon after all

well at least for the random dungeon part (chalice dungeon) i think it's safe to say that co-op will be very prevalent, they kept mentioning/showing co-op with the dungeon after all

I hope you can just straight up invite someone. I'ma try and get a friend who wouldn't play this type of game to..play this type of game. Souls games are something else that need to be experienced.(Granted I only spent alot of time in Demons Souls, Dark Souls I was kinda inbetween a bunch of games, and DS2...well, I assumed that built off DS1 moreso than DS1 built of DeS.)

Sullichin

Some new info from a JP livestream. Translation's from a banned site so I can't link it.

Milquetoast
Level – 10
Blood Echoes – 300
Vitality – 11
Endurance – 10
Strength – 12
Skill – 10
Bloodtinge – 9
Arcane – 8

Lone Survivor
Level – 10
Blood Echoes – 420
Vitality – 14
Endurance – 11
Strength – 11
Skill – 10
Bloodtinge – 7
Arcane – 7

Troubled Childhood
Level – 10
Blood Echoes – 360
Vitality – 9
Endurance – 14
Strength – 9
Skill – 13
Bloodtinge – 6
Arcane – 9

Waste of Skin
Level – 4
Blood Echoes – 10
Vitality – 10
Endurance – 9
Strength – 10
Skill – 9
Bloodtinge – 7
Arcane – 9

It seems that all of the origins have the same total stat points outside of the waste of skin which is 6 levels lower but has 54 stat points.

Holy shit Waste of Skin is such a cool class name

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Why is there a constant spotlight on the character? Where is he light source? At first, I thought the character was glowing, but the unknown light source generates a shadow. It's bizarre.
It's just something that's been following the Souls games since start. However, with Demon's Souls, every character did carry around a small light source on their waist and I always felt that it was weird that they removed that small detail in the Dark-series. Then again, Demon's Souls always was the superior game in many ways; including the small details.

JxGe5Tk.png

slapnuts

I am not a whole lot impressed at the visuals but than again I already have a biased opinion on these types of games as a whole. Not my cup of tea but i just think there are way better looking PS4 exclusives coming out in '15

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
I hope you can just straight up invite someone. I'ma try and get a friend who wouldn't play this type of game to..play this type of game. Souls games are something else that need to be experienced.(Granted I only spent alot of time in Demons Souls, Dark Souls I was kinda inbetween a bunch of games, and DS2...well, I assumed that built off DS1 moreso than DS1 built of DeS.)

The online stuff will generally be similar to the Souls games, where you'll use items to connect with a random player.

This includes co-op for the Chalice Dungeons, but it's been stated that you can use passwords to allow specific friends to be summon-able. So it's not a straight invite system, but it should be pretty streamlined. (DS2's Name-Engraved Ring worked well as an alternative.)

Top Bottom