• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BLOODBORNE Impressions Thread : And so the Nightly Hunt Begins

Dragon

Banned
Well, first, it's 30FPS anyway. So that's already not good. If more games like TLOU:R or UC4 or many indies go 60FPS, console gamers will hopefully finally take notice of the differences. And second, FS/th dev has a notorious history of games with sub-30FPS framerates, including the past Souls games. Sure, the game is 6 months away, but they are showing a build with dips already again. There is a chance that they will fix it, but considering their past and their 30FPS decision, framerate is not of high priority for them. So there is hope, but it's little.

Seems like a bunch of reasonable assumptions played off as gospel. Most people know your predilection for high framerates and most people would agree with you. But probably should have a wait and see approach on this one!

Wow that's some great stealth cam footage. Nice and clear too. Too bad the person who took it is probably locked away in some Sony dungeon now.

Probably playing Playstation All Stars over and over again.

sublimit

Banned
Thanks for your impressions OP.

Is there any gameplay footage (longer than 5 seconds) available other than the trailer?

Imagine what would happen if they release the gamescom demo on PSN.. damn that RT release reminded me of that E3 a few years back where we could play some of the E3 floor demos at home.

Any sign of a backstab or parry like mechanic? I read about that life steal thing, but is there something like those classic Souls moves?

iwJHsfmoluBvL.gif

Riposte animation.

Main thing I want to know is if this is like other Souls games where you have to memorize enemy placement. Because if so, I don't think I'm interested.

TnK

No footage? Probably because it is buggy or something. Game looks really interesting though, and it really oozes demon's souls. Ragdolls are there, and I really hope they remove them later on.

Can we get more footage please?

Jaeger

I was buying this purely on the strength of the leaked information. Actually, when all we had were those blurry images I was sold.

The game looks impressive, and FUCK YEA more Souls.

Well, first, it's 30FPS anyway. So that's already not good. If more games like TLOU:R or UC4 or many indies go 60FPS, console gamers will hopefully finally take notice of the differences. And second, FS/th dev has a notorious history of games with sub-30FPS framerates, including the past Souls games. Sure, the game is 6 months away, but they are showing a build with dips already again. There is a chance that they will fix it, but considering their past and their 30FPS decision, framerate is not of high priority for them. So there is hope, but it's little.

Even if it has random minor dips is fine to me than missing this kind of experience and game in my life. I need the game i want to play in balanced way which the developers feels its right for their game not the 60FPS. Let the PC gamers stick to 60FPS and miss many games like this from Console (i don't think they are real games to me, instead they are FPS gamers who want FPS in game than experience which developer feels right).

Haunted

2001-level weightless Havok ragdoll physics are back?

Praise the sun! :lol

One thing I'd like to see in Souls games is permanent corpses. Can't stand how most enemies vanish into thin air in DS2, some even mid-death animation.

ElTopo

Banned
Right now it seems guns are for crowd control. Ammo is extremely scarce so should only be used in the worse of situations where a lot is at stake. I mean ammo may be so scarce that dying may seem better than wasting you're ammo on trash mobs.

Insightful. Thanks.

I kinda' hope they add some really good 1-2 time use guns. Maybe something like the Quad Shotgun from Phantasm 2.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/birdie15/images/reg2.jpg

Hypron

2001-level weightless Havok ragdoll physics are back?

Praise the sun! :lol

One thing I'd like to see in Souls games is permanent corpses. Can't stand how most enemies vanish into thin air in DS2, some even mid-death animation.

That's probably because some crazy people complained too much about the ragdolls in DS1 so they decided to remove them (which was a grave mistake IMO).

No.

I'm out. I found Demon and Dark souls to be boring as shit.

I was hoping this was more action oriented, like a harder Ninja garden.

Never mind.

What in the world gave you that hope?

Does From Software have a long history of Ninja Gaiden like games?

Loving what I am seeing. I know I said I was on a Bloodborne media blackout but damnit it all if this isn't some good shit.

No.

I'm out. I found Demon and Dark souls to be boring as shit.

I was hoping this was more action oriented, like a harder Ninja garden.

Never mind.

I think you represent the weird split between 3D action game players.

Some prefer the weighty, physics heavy gameplay of Souls/Monster Hunter while others prefer the Fast, Combo Heavy arcade style of Bayonetta/DMC/Ninja Gaiden

I actually like both but Always preferred the former. Nothing beats the feeling of a perfectly times blow where you can almost feel the weight behind it. (You MH players know what I'm talking about)

Shengar

I think you represent the weird split between 3D action game players.

Some prefer the weighty, physics heavy gameplay of Souls/Monster Hunter while others prefer the Fast, Combo Heavy arcade style of Bayonetta/DMC/Ninja Gaiden

I actually like both but Always preferred the former. Nothing beats the feeling of a perfectly times blow where you can almost feel the weight behind it. (You MH players know what I'm talking about)
Different people have different expectation, so there's that.
I don't remember crazy dips in demon's.

There is, but only when there are tons of barrel got destroyed.

nicolascageconfusedemotions.gif

People's expectation sometimes are too baffling

What's baffling about it? The character movement and reliance on dodging rather than blocking led me to believe this may have been a faster title than demon and dark souls with meaningful enemies that are all dangerous enough to kill you, not like the fodder the general are in most action games.

Kinda like.. Ninja gaiden.

If it's just a retread of the same souls formula with an added gun, then I'm not interested. No matter, not everyone has to like a game and there is no reason to get defensive about it.

ElTopo

Banned
Can the OP confirm if you have classes like the rest of the Souls games? I'm curious if there will be a class that's more adapt at guns or has more guns or whatever.

Hypron

SCEJ helps them this time. I'm fairly confident the frame rate issue won't be present on release day.

Oh yeah I really hope the game can run at a steady framerate and I believe they can definitely achieve that goal but I'd rather not expect something that could lead to a disappointment.

Donos

I had to read that "like a harder Ninja Gaiden" line two times to catch it right.

It was clear right from the early leaks that this would play like a little more dynamic Demon/Dark Souls game (less reliant on shields and more on doging etc.).

How can you come to the conclusion "like a harder Ninja Gaiden"? It would maybe fit when the game would be a new God of War since these franchise has more in common (moveset/gameplaywise) with NG than Souls games.

Korben

Banned
Wow that's some great stealth cam footage. Nice and clear too. Too bad the person who took it is probably locked away in some Sony dungeon now.

Probably playing Playstation All Stars over and over again.

And obliged to constantly install dem stability update.

Someone manage to film a really short clip though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gbz18RvVsdQ

That item picking animation and ragdoll is what important here.

Thanks ! It would be cool if someone manage to got some off-screens of the entire ingame menu/HUD.

Every time dragon god would punch the game would always hitch up for me other than that demon souls was running at an optimal performance except for rolling into barrels.

TnK

What's baffling about it? The character movement and reliance on dodging rather than blocking led me to believe this may have been a faster title than demon and dark souls with meaningful enemies that are all dangerous enough to kill you, not like the fodder the general are in most action games.

If it's just a retread of the same souls formula with an added gun, then I'm not interested. No matter, not everyone has to like a game and there is no reason to get defensive about it.
If you are that hungry for a character action game, Bayonetta 2 on the wii u is the game for you.

halfbeast

Banned
That's probably because some crazy people complained too much about the ragdolls in DS1 so they decided to remove them (which was a grave mistake IMO).

I thought, they got rid of ragdolls because of Scraps of Life?

ok, bye.

Jito

Banned

Well referring to the previous games as "boring as shit" wasn't the best idea in a thread for the new game.

Top Bottom