• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne load times look to be a bit longer than hoped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were people making threads about the previous PS3 games having too high loading times too? They were the same!

This is really surreal.

Aren't we allowed to bring this issue up? It's a minor one, sure. But so many of you just make everyone who complains about it. I think it's something that's worth mentioning.

Hoo-doo

Banned
This trend of undercooked games is really offensive and frustrating.

Because of a loadtime that's at best, what, 5-10 seconds more than the average load in every other game, this game is now undercooked?

I need to stop reading this thread. Let's put it in a little perspective, please.

I don't know. Does the naming of patches follow some rules?

Exactly! I wouldn't even complain in the first place if the load screens were dynamic. Random item descriptions or artwork.

Staring almost a minute at the same logo is dull.
Actually, now that I think about it 1.01 sounds like a good idea for a day 1 patch regardless of size. Basically let's you know its essentially v1.0, but there's been something added.

And I like the artwork idea! I thought maybe they wouldn't show item descriptions either because there's not as many items as a Souls game or maybe because "mystery" seems to be a central theme of this game due to its Lovecraftian influence (notice there's no opening CGI thing that explains everything about the world) so adding descriptions of future items could ruin that somehow? But artwork would work nicely I think. That can't be too hard to add in, right?

Foggy

Were people making threads about the previous PS3 games having too high loading times too? They were the same!

This is really surreal.

If I recall there were people complaining about DS2's projected load times, but it certainly didn't blow up like this did. Of course there was the whole #YouLied shenanigans so maybe that just distracted from it.

If this is fixed on day one people will still remember this game for having the longest load times in recent memory. So don't fix it From, at least let people speak with the truth.

benjammin

If the loading screen is the only thing that we can find to nitpick then this will almost certainly be the goty. I don't mind slightly longer loading screens in these games, gives you a minute to catch your breath and evaluate why you died in the first place. I appreciate the breather after a tough boss fight.

prwxv3

Dark Souls 2 had a patch to shorten load times on the PS3.

It's been done before, that's why it's baffling FROM would ship a game in this state again.

Dude they are not going to delay the game for load times. And it's not like the game is broken and unplayable. They should get some flack for the load times but not as mush as shipping broken day one games.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
Just use it as incentive to try even harder to not die.

It seems like people are really trying to find something to bring this game down.

It's not.

Alright. Guess we should wait until the game actually launches, then? I does seem weird to me that a day one patch would be released days before it launches. I'd assume they're still working on the game and fixing any issues reviewers might be coming across.

5amshift

Banned
Wait, so the game has the long load times after deaths? I'm still going to get the game, but man, that sounds unbearable.

From the stream that went on a few days ago, even anything regarding loading screens took a while, just not dying..

Hopefully the day 1 patch fixes it up a bit.

SgtCobra

So, you just took one guy's word over another's.

The changelog of the 1.01 patch lists the same stuff that we've been told about earlier in an official announcement.

There is nothing to support the claim of the guy you quoted. 1.01 IS the day one patch.
I believe a GAF member that hasn't been banned yet more than some people who are having some assumptions. There are also other people who seem to believe him so I guess it can't hurt to join them.
He says he has some connecions to the BB dev team, he's also a longtime member so if he's wrong he'll get banned and I don't think he'd be playing with his account like that.

Also, calling it a day one patch when it's not released on release day is also a bit stupid :p (IF you're right that is)

Only time will learn.

I didn't think that sounded like A long time until I loaded the .webm

Christ it felt like forever. I actually clicked it to see if it paused. I guess that's how spoiled we have gotten in life. Instant gratification!

SDCowboy

If the loading screen is the only thing that we can find to nitpick then this will almost certainly be the goty. I don't mind slightly longer loading screens in these games, gives you a minute to catch your breath and evaluate why you died in the first place. I appreciate the breather after a tough boss fight.

In a game where dying comes regularly, ludicrously long load times is kind of a big deal.

According to this site:
http://venturebeat.com/2014/04/25/4...e-every-second-and-nine-other-chilling-stats/

The average deaths for 360 players per play through was 421. The portal for Dark Souls II statistics is gone now though.

No. That's not right. Those numbers would be ridiculously high for deaths per playthrough. Anybody who has played the game would know that isn't even close. They simply took the total number of deaths across each platform and divided that by the number of players who finished the game. Read it again:

The number of deaths the PlayStation 3 community has registered for each member that’s cleared Dark Souls II.

That's how they came up with numbers like 860 deaths for PS3 players, but only 421 for 360 players. Per playthrough deaths would never have that sort of ridiculous disparity, obviously. DSP had 283 deaths in his playthrough, ffs. The average gamer certainly is 3x worse than that clown.

Well, Skyrim load time were terrible (on 360) and I played that game for hundreds of hours. So I cant say I will be too put off by long times. HOWEVER, they better at least add the typical item discriptions and crap as people have been saying the will be patched in. Give me something to read at least. Mini game would be cool but it would never happen.

roytheone

Not sure how 'worth mentioning' has become 750 posts.

Easy, it is a problem for some, and not for others. Thats all fine, but both sides also have people that don't respect people with a different opinion than theirs and attack them, which in turn leads the other side to defend themselves and there you go, 750 posts. It is really hard for some to accept that this is a real problem for some, and not for others.

As they should, at least I hope they do.

Hopefully this infatuation with Miyazaki/FROM on this forum doesn't extend to the press and that they actually call out these bullshit load times.

This seems to be the type of thing a simple patch could fix, but why FROM/Sony saw fit to release the game like this is beyond me.

Docking points for something so minor seems really stupid to me. I could see MAYBE lowering the score 0.1 points, but any more than that and it'd be a huge exaggeration in my opinion.

I believe a GAF member that hasn't been banned yet more than some people who are having some assumptions. There are also other people who seem to believe him so I guess it can't hurt to join them. Calling it a day one patch when it's not released on release day is also a bit stupid :p (IF you're right that is)
Only time will learn.

That's not an assumption, breh.

Here the 1.01 changelog listed by a guy who got the game early:

Update notes:

Version 1.01
- Add online functionality
- Game performance and stability improvements.
- Bug fixes

To what, exactly?

Exactly!

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Aren't we allowed to bring this issue up? It's a minor one, sure. But so many of you just make everyone who complains about it. I think it's something that's worth mentioning.

I wouldn't call it minor. If I'm playing a game, I don't want to use that downtime to browse the web or get a drink. I want to actually be playing.

I would say that these load times are unacceptable but maybe they don't even have a choice in the matter.

ldcommando

Banned
Easy, it is a problem for some, and not for others. Thats all fine, but both sides also have people that don't respect people with a different opinion than theirs and attack them, which in turn leads the other side to defend themselves and there you go, 750 posts. It is really hard for some to accept that this is a real problem for some, and not for others.

Took the text right off of my keyboard. I wanted to put this but I didn't feel like writing it out on mobile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom