• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne load times look to be a bit longer than hoped

Status
Not open for further replies.

DryvBy

It looks as though the load times in Bloodborne are a good 35+ seconds. That's gonna really add up if you're dying a lot.

http://a.pomf.se/fnkvuv.webm

http://www.reddit.com/r/bloodborne/comments/2zcq4n/loading_times_shown_in_a_small_video/

What's the chances this is patched?

It's the retail 1.00 version. Reviewers on the spoiler page of reddit have noted they could see items during loadtimes, they're on the 1.01 version.

I wouldn't worry about it ..

^ Apparently not true ^ :*(

Codex5050

Not much since I dont think DS1/2's load times got patched. Its just inherently better on PC due to hardware

dc89

I was watching a stream last night with my bro, and yeah they are some long load times.
The loading screen is a little dull too, give us something to read if we're waiting that long!

My bro said those we watched are patched waiting times, I don't know how he knows that.

HowZatOZ

Banned
As the reddit thread points out, the lack of any real use of the loading screen disappoints me but apparently it is patched in with the day one patch.

Minamu

Eh, I don't mind. Playing tons of Guild Wars 2 recently with an old CPU gives me over 2 minutes of map loading every time I change the map, more or less, so I'm used to it unfortunately :/

DryvBy

Eh, I don't mind. Playing tons of Guild Wars 2 recently with an old CPU gives me over 2 minutes of map loading every time I change the map, more or less, so I'm used to it unfortunately :/

If you die a lot (which most new people will be doing), this load screen could cause them to just quit. I've been there with games I've liked depending on how frequent I had to load.

Corpekata

Banned
That could be a real mood killer for me when I end up getting it. I'm struggling to think of games that have that long of a load time in general, let alone after every death. I want to say maybe some initial loads of early Asscreed games are about all I can think of (and they generally had very little loading after the initial one).

Overside

Banned
No, these were load times that were longer than we had hoped:

C64combo.jpg

Mogwai

The real crime is that From didn't make some nice looking load screens like in previous games.

We just have sit and stare at the title of the game, like in some tech demo.

Honestly, I've been playing today and they haven't been bad for me at all. Nothing over 20 seconds. I'm sure of that. No SSD either.

Just my personal experience.

Gattsu25

Banned

As someone who plays the Dark Souls games on PC this .webm hurts my heart. I thought the loading in BB was long only when traveling between areas vs dying (which I heard was in the order of ~10 seconds) but this .webm puts that assumption in doubt.

Did the player respawn in the same area or several areas back? Please answer back in a spoiler tag, i guess.

I think the fact, we are facing the same dull loading screen over and over is more annoying than the actual loading times, at least for me. Goddamnit From, you're so fucking creative and we get this.

HeelPower

Was about to say I loved reading item descriptions in Dark Souls ,but its just BloodBorne lol

Still,staring at something as glorious as the title of BloodBorne is good enough.

Rurunaki

Will judge when I experience it. Maybe those 20 seconds of respite will be enough to calm my nerves or anger from dying due to stupidity.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I wonder if this'll start the backlash. It's got to be coming.

My suggestion would be to wait until you have a release version which is fully patched and then decide.

HeelPower

I guess that's the price we pay to have those gorgeous visuals in 1080p

oh yeah..I haven't watched the game in so long(blackout) it looks beautiful right ?

Last I saw it,it looked on par with Witcher 3.Is the frame rate reported to be a good 30fps ?

Ostinatto

Was about to say I loved reading item descriptions in Dark Souls ,but its just BloodBorne lol

Still,staring at something as glorious as the title of BloodBorne is good enough.

lol.

To me ,the lack of item description or some art of the game on the loading screen is worst than long loading times.

borborygmus

As someone who plays the Dark Souls games on PC this .webm hurts my heart. I thought the loading in BB was long only when traveling between areas vs dying (which I heard was in the order of ~10 seconds) but this .webm puts that assumption in doubt.

Did the player respawn in the same area or several areas back? Please answer back in a spoiler tag, i guess.

Good question.

If it's the same area, they could just have it "reset" everything rather than actually reload all the assets. Although most games do not seem to do this for some reason, it's a really significant optimization that I wish we'd see more of. Combined with some kind of asynchronous streaming of assets, load times could be a lot better.

I'm really hoping for a patch.

How much were they improved by?

With these load times, what's even worse than dying is invasions and coop. Invade someone's game - 40-50 seconds. Then the host could immediately jump off a cliff or get mauled by enemies before you have a chance to find them. Another 40-50 seconds to load back into your own world. Rinse and repeat.

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
This is part of the pain of a death.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom